Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2009, 02:04 PM

22 posts, read 71,438 times

Advertisements

After coming out there last month to survey the area and where to live (my husband will be working in Commerce), we checked out Fullerton, Long Beach, Huntington Beach and Irvine.

We decided on Huntington Beach and Irvine end of day. The commute would take my husband roughly 1 hr from Irvine or 45 mins from Huntington Beach.

We also realized that most if not all homes for rent in HB and Irvine had pet restrictions.

We have now decided on renting an apartment for now.
The two we have in mind so far are
a) Santa Maria Apartment : 3 bedrooms (1,230 sq ft) for $2,400 plus $100 rent for 2 dogs with two car garage. Close to Plaza Vista School which is rated 10. We have a 5 yr old and a 1 yr old. Roughly (32 miles) 1hr to Commerce on the I-5 if he left for work around 9am.

b) Solana Apartments : 3 bedrooms (1,260 sq ft) for $2,460 plus $100 pet rent with 2 car garage. Walking to Hicks Canyon school (rated 10) which is across from the apartment. Roughly 1hr - 75 mins on I-5 leaving at 9am.

With that said, does anyone know of any apartment complex that accepts dogs and also close to everything and is very highly recommended?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 02:07 PM

2,536 posts, read 2,735,318 times
Look at the apts on the corner of Culver and Barranca. If I remember right they take pets and also have fireplaces. DOnt remember the name of the complex.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:49 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,003,171 times
It may be a bit more than what you want to spend, but when I lived in CA, I really enjoyed living at Newport Bluffs. But try to get one of the town house units near the Canyon (the apartments on the Campanille side are Noisy and you can hear all the Neighbors. The section near the Bison Avenue gate was known has fraternity row and there were a lot of college kids there.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:53 AM

45 posts, read 218,774 times
I actually believe that most of the Irvine Company Apartments now accept pets, albeit at a ridiculous rate of $75 per month per pet as "pet rent" and a $750 deposit per pet. They claim that the pet could potentially damage the landscaping of the apartment complex..as if a 6 lb dog can cause $750 of damage to the outside trees.

So in response to your post, choose the complex you like the most! If you are looking for a low price (you pay for what you get) and good parking, San Marino Villa (Alton/Culver) is decent. For a better and more expensive experience, try some of the townhouses in Woodbridge.

Last edited by Urksher; 07-21-2009 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: more info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County