Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 09:36 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,457,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Oh no!! Our beloved OR-7 has decided to move to California.

OR-7 heads into California -- the first wolf to return to the Golden State since 1924 | OregonLive.com

Why would he abandon Oregon and move to the Golden State?
The same motivation that moves males of any species. Sex.

Male wolves can easily roam 1000 miles looking for a mate. Hopefully he can make his way to Yosemite, or loop back up through SE Oregon.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:32 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,065,742 times
How's he doing? karlsch I love your updates.

Maybe he headed to California because he prefers blonde babes with tans. ?

Old 01-30-2012, 12:16 AM

5,475 posts, read 8,207,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
How's he doing? karlsch I love your updates.
I didn't think anybody cared so I quit updating.

Actually, California Fish & Game is now tracking him and they even include a map. Gray Wolf (Canis lupus) - California Department of Fish and Game
They don't want anybody to know his exact location, in case somebody might want to shoot him, so the map is intentionally a few days behind.

Quote:
Maybe he headed to California because he prefers blonde babes with tans. ?
I thought that he might have heard that Kim Kardashian is available again.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:48 AM

16 posts, read 37,171 times
I care and I appreciate your updates.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
I didn't think anybody cared so I quit updating.

Actually, California Fish & Game is now tracking him and they even include a map. Gray Wolf (Canis lupus) - California Department of Fish and Game
They don't want anybody to know his exact location, in case somebody might want to shoot him, so the map is intentionally a few days behind.

I thought that he might have heard that Kim Kardashian is available again.
Oh man.... I had hoped he was a smarter wolf! lol

I hope he finds himself a good girl, though. Does anyone know if they have plans to release a potential mate near him? They should. Maybe two or three. Some guys are really picky... or maybe it's the other way around?

Old 01-30-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
I hope he finds himself a good girl, ......
Apparently he decided against Las Vegas showgirls: Wolf apparently gives up search for mate in Nevada - News - ReviewJournal.com

Even the New York Times has taken time out from writing about Portland and is tracking him: Track of Wolf OR7 - NYTimes.com

What's next, the cover of the Rolling Stone?

Old 01-30-2012, 03:11 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,551,188 times
Quote:
Apparently he decided against Las Vegas showgirls: Wolf apparently gives up search for mate in Nevada - News - ReviewJournal.com

Even the New York Times has taken time out from writing about Portland and is tracking him: Track of Wolf OR7 - NYTimes.com

What's next, the cover of the Rolling Stone?
I thought that wolf was possibly headed out to Reno and one of the nearby "ranches" to find a female...

All joking aside, if the wolf is looking for a mate, would he be satisfied with an attractive coyote or cute domestic dog? A nice Siberian Husky maybe... I mean she might be a bit high maitenance, but there's some real lookers in that breed.

Last edited by Deezus; 01-30-2012 at 03:35 PM..

Old 01-30-2012, 10:45 PM

Oh Gosh! I hope he doesn't hook up with Heidi Fleiss... isn't she a madam of a ranch out in Nevada somewhere? Though I hear she is more into birds...

I just hope he stays away from anyone who might try to hurt him. He needs a popemobile made for wolves.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:09 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,457,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I thought that wolf was possibly headed out to Reno and one of the nearby "ranches" to find a female...

All joking aside, if the wolf is looking for a mate, would he be satisfied with an attractive coyote or cute domestic dog? A nice Siberian Husky maybe... I mean she might be a bit high maitenance, but there's some real lookers in that breed.
Wolves don't tend to cross breed outside of their species, at least as often as Coyotes do.

On the other hand, I would not be surprised to hear of a few mixed litters left behind in his travels.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:28 AM

Bad news about OR-7's brother:

"A sibling of Oregon's world-famous wolf OR-7 has been shot and killed in Idaho by a hunter whose wolf tag was no longer valid." Sibling of famous OR-7 wolf killed by hunter in Idaho | OregonLive.com

Picture here: Idaho hunter shoots former Imnaha Pack wolf - Wallowa County Chieftain: Free

More: Idaho hunter kills the brother of famous wolf that wandered to California | Voices.IdahoStatesman.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon