Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2009, 10:27 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,046,149 times

Advertisements

couple pics of around Central Oregon (LaPine area) I LOVE the lava flows. Didnt have time this trip, but planning on going through them, you can wind for miles where you see nothing but piles and mountains and caverns of black lava rock
Attached Thumbnails
Welcome to the Oregon Forum-Photos-img1625_3.jpg   Welcome to the Oregon Forum-Photos-img1652_3.jpg   Welcome to the Oregon Forum-Photos-img1655_3.jpg   Welcome to the Oregon Forum-Photos-img1662_3.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 11:02 PM

15 posts, read 90,242 times
GREAT pictures. I have a place in Christmas Vally Oregon and it looks like the pictures are from there. Of course it looks the same there as it does in La Pine sometimes.

When it comes to Lava flows anyway. Thanks for the pictures you posted. They are GREAT ONES>

Thanks again.

Mike

Old 08-30-2009, 10:57 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,046,149 times
Thanks. These pics are from LaPine up to Fort Rock. I love the diversity of Oregon!!!! My oldest fell in love w/the area around Fort Rock and wants to move to Christmas Valley now.
Attached Thumbnails
Welcome to the Oregon Forum-Photos-img1793_2.jpg   Welcome to the Oregon Forum-Photos-img1794_2.jpg   Welcome to the Oregon Forum-Photos-img1799_2.jpg   Welcome to the Oregon Forum-Photos-img1823_2.jpg   Welcome to the Oregon Forum-Photos-img1815_4.jpg  

Old 08-30-2009, 11:38 AM

That 1 picture of that rock has a name for it. If you look at it right it looks like a woman laying down. They have a name for it but I just can't seem to remember what the name is. Its something to do with an Idian woman laying down.

That rock is just about 3 miles from my place in Christams Valley that I have had for about 10 years now. I LOVE it over there. You can have deer and VERY BIG jack rabbits in your yard in the morning or even in the evening to watch.

I spent last Christams vacation there at my place and it NEVER got any higher than -22 degree's the whole time I was there. If you ever get a chance be sure to go to the crack in the ground and the hole in the ground.

You have to drive further to get to them now because some damn kids started the rest rooms on fire so they make you walk to the site now unles they have changed it in the last few months.

One year we had about 45 inches of snow at my place. Thank god I had a 4 wheel drive pickup. There are roads all over the place to drive on. You can go for miles and miles on those old roads.

I spent ALL DAY one day just driving on those old roads. I took more than 200 pictures in just 2 days there. They even have a golf course in Christmas Valley. There at the lodge there is a small lake where they set off fire works on the 4th of July.

I ALWAYS have alot of fun when I go there on the weekend's. It's a place everyone should go to and check it out.

Thanks for the pictures.

Mike

Old 08-30-2009, 02:13 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,469,564 times
Can you believe it? Over twenty years in Oregon and I've never been to Christmas Valley. That's my loss.

Thanks for the info mmmikezd. And Tiffela, thanks to you for posting more pics of Eastern Oregon. I'd guess most people don't realize the wildly different climates and terrain we have here. Beautiful pics!

Old 08-30-2009, 04:42 PM

I have many pictures of christmas valley oregon. I'd have to go and look for them and I don't know where they are right off hand. I'd be willing to bet that I have OVER 2 or 3 hundred of them laying around here somewhere.

I'll tell ya what. If anyone would like me to I'd be willing to get them out and scan them and post some of them on here. I have so so so many of them i'd have to pick out the best of the best of them.

I have ones with snow to a heat wave.......lol. I love my place at Christmas Valley Oregon. When I go there for the week end Its all I can do to make myself to come back some to the Valley. I live in Salem, Oregon and its about 350 Miles from here to my place in Christams Valley.

Let me know guys if you would liek to see some of the best ones I have.

thanks,.

Mike

Old 08-30-2009, 09:05 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,746,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmikezd View Post
I have many pictures of christmas valley oregon. I'd have to go and look for them and I don't know where they are right off hand. I'd be willing to bet that I have OVER 2 or 3 hundred of them laying around here somewhere.

I'll tell ya what. If anyone would like me to I'd be willing to get them out and scan them and post some of them on here. I have so so so many of them i'd have to pick out the best of the best of them.

I have ones with snow to a heat wave.......lol. I love my place at Christmas Valley Oregon. When I go there for the week end Its all I can do to make myself to come back some to the Valley. I live in Salem, Oregon and its about 350 Miles from here to my place in Christams Valley.

Let me know guys if you would liek to see some of the best ones I have.

thanks,.

Mike
It's a photo thread, Mike. Get those photos posted.

Less talk......more action

Old 10-06-2009, 11:37 AM

378 posts, read 1,570,138 times
Default Exploring tide pools in October

An October evening at the beach spent exploring tide pools.
Attached Thumbnails
Welcome to the Oregon Forum-Photos-secret-beach....oct.-5-2009-003.jpg   Welcome to the Oregon Forum-Photos-secret-beach....oct.-5-2009-007.jpg   Welcome to the Oregon Forum-Photos-secret-beach....oct.-5-2009-009.jpg  

Old 10-11-2009, 06:32 AM

1 posts, read 5,719 times
A few from my latest trip to Grants Pass/Rogue River Valley. Somewhere past Hellgate Canyon along Merlin-Galice road, and Indian Mary Park (IIRC).
Attached Thumbnails
Welcome to the Oregon Forum-Photos-dscf1903.jpg   Welcome to the Oregon Forum-Photos-dscf1977.jpg   Welcome to the Oregon Forum-Photos-dscf2013.jpg  

Old 10-12-2009, 04:43 PM

499 posts, read 1,446,717 times
The Eastside of the Cascades has always held so much fascination for me - a Portland native. The drives to the Alvord Desert, Christmas Valley, the gold areas around Baker City, Klamath Falls, John Day, etc... are always long but the reward is always worth it. Thanks for your photos!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon