Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 08:56 PM
VTP VTP started this thread

200 posts, read 957,130 times

Advertisements

It's in Poinciana and for 55+. Would like info. Is it nice? Safe? Expensive? Amenities? Are people happy there? Any info would be helpful!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 11:16 PM

69 posts, read 443,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTP View Post
It's in Poinciana and for 55+. Would like info. Is it nice? Safe? Expensive? Amenities? Are people happy there? Any info would be helpful!!
It's very nice, seems safe, moderately priced, you need to pay around $250 a month in charges to use the various amenities, and your lawn care and all that. People seem happy there.

Old 08-16-2007, 04:39 AM

442 posts, read 2,912,422 times
Lot of homes for sale in there, its safe but the surrounding area is a little scary at this point ( i know i live in the surrounding area ) Avatar ( the builder) gets you in and then its all down hill from there!

Old 08-16-2007, 09:15 AM
VTP VTP started this thread

200 posts, read 957,130 times
Thanks! Could you elaborate a little, pleaase? I am especially curious about the reference to the "scary" areas nearby, and why are they scary? How far away are they? Also, why are so many houses for sale in Solivita, do you think?

Old 08-16-2007, 12:13 PM

69 posts, read 443,484 times
Scary might be a little strong. IMHO, you'll feel safe wherever you go, I know I do. Anyway, Solivita is gated, there's a guard in the entrance, so that's a good thing.

There are a lot of houses for sale everywhere around here, not just Solivita, it's just the way the market is right now.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:27 AM

Scary = Gangs which are a problem in The osceola side of poinciana ( which Solivita is on Polk Side) there is still some crime on the Polk SIde Mainly Young Punk Kids with Nothing to do ...There are ALOT of Homes for sale in the area and Solivita USe to be Higher Priced then it is now the homes in there have GONE way down in Price , People just want out...Not sure if has to do with The high Prices to live there , the Ins, the taxes or the Crime ....I think for the most part people who live in there are happy , however I do know that some that have moved out previously where Upset that AVATAR promissed them things and it never came to true...
I do know that Polk County has its own POINCIANA unit for Policing , and I have met a few of the Officers and they have a handle on things and want this Area to be Nice !

Old 08-19-2007, 06:52 AM

75 posts, read 404,354 times
Do you intend to buy a home there? There are propbably 300+ homes for sale in pretty modest price ranges. Protect your investment a buy right. With that many homes on the market that area will take some time to "market correct". Let me know if I can help.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 37,229 times
Default Solivita, Finest over 55 active community in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTP View Post
First of all let me get this out of the way, I am a Realtor and I run a web site called solivita real estate sales,solivita,active adult,55 community. I don't want this post to sound as a commercial but I am tired of people just posting lies and stupid things. So I am here to set some facts straight or at least the way I see them and have experienced them. I am in no way officially with Solivita as an employee or Representative. I really responding as a Joe Smo regular guy.
I have been going to and living in Solivita for about 2 1/2 years. My wife and I traveled and read about other communities before visiting here. As soon as we entered the gates and traveled the grounds we were sold on the whole experience. The grounds are excellently kept at all times even when the area was having a drought everything including the 2 golf courses and lawns were in great shape. The village center is 2nd to NONE, many many things to keep you busy. Fantastic amenities center with indoor and outdoor pools, a workout area with all the latest equipment, an aerobics studio with instructors. 8 or 9 outdoor neighborhood swimming pools. They have a 2nd amenities center under construction at this time. All of this is for about 3000 homes and will eventually go up to 5000 homes. That's it about 6000 people...compare that to some of the other communities. The one in Ocala gets all the press (good and bad) because of it's size they brag of how large it is, that it spans 2 counties with over 60,000 people. It's open to all traffic, congestion all the problems that a lot of us want to get away from.
The association fees in Solivita range from $240 to $260 depending on the age of home, this includes everything from lawn care, sprinkler service, basic cable TV, all the amenities except golf ( oh, you say that you heard that the other best place offers free golf?? First of all it's for the 9 hole course not the 18's,just try to get a T time especially a morning one and you're told that to get on the executive list it cost $$$.. I'd rather pay as I go here) patrolled security 24 hours a day, gated entrances, tennis courts paved and clay, movie nights and on and on.
Like all areas of our country it's not without some problems, outside the area on the Osceola county side there are regular neighborhoods open to all family groups and like any other place in the country kids are kids looking for something to do and get into, I can say I don't really drive around at 2 or 3 am much and when I have I personally haven't seen anything wrong with the people that I have seen. I saw a post of kids and gangs.. well I have seen kids but I haven't seen gangs is there crime in Poinciana and Kissimmee, you bet, is it any more than other cities I have no Idea but I can say that I rest very safe at nights knowing that none of that will effect me.
Now, on to real estate prices have come down, this area is not immune to the outside world and the Real Estate market prices have come down, THIS IS THE TIME TO BUY, not next year, not when the market gets better, NOW. If you want to buy something at fantastic savings prices that were around the same as in 2000, nows the time.
Make sure to visit Solivita and see for yourself ask anyone that lives there how they like it, if I can ever help you with any questions email me at ambianceto@aol.com

Old 08-23-2007, 09:16 AM

HUmm so tell me why is there a "tactcal gang unit" stationed in Poinciana?
And i know this as FACT because one of the little Punk Kids that is in the gang decided he liked my new bike and just stole it from the front yard, We did do a police Report only and i SAY only because we know the kid that stole it and we also know that he is on probation at 13 yrs old!...The police officer told us there are "gangs" here but they are more the kids with nothing better to do type gangs....Although i have heard that the Latin Kings are in poinciana .. along with the bloods and the Crips...But as i was told by the P.O that they are pretty much non threatining at this time and they police are Strong arming them .. so they stay low!

Old 08-23-2007, 04:20 PM

24 posts, read 133,125 times
Plain and Simple... If you're looking for a retirement community, by far Solivita is your best choice. It offers far more than any other retirement community. Well-maintained, safe community. Let me know if you need more information about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando