Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 04:35 AM

14 posts, read 103,555 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about the new Del Webb community La Cresta in Davenport Fl.?
Also any info on the Davenport area in general would be helpful. Shopping, medical, crime, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2007, 06:09 PM

800 posts, read 3,088,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnpleon View Post
Plain and Simple... If you're looking for a retirement community, by far Solivita is your best choice. It offers far more than any other retirement community. Well-maintained, safe community. Let me know if you need more information about it.

SummerGlen in Ocala is a very nice place too! Check it out sometime!

Solivita is also excellent! It's just in a different area.

I have friends in both communities that like where they live, enjoy the amenities, my Summerglen friends golf daily and are busy all the time. My Solivita friends just enjoy the community but don't golf.

The new hospital will go across from Solivita!

Old 05-17-2008, 10:11 PM

1 posts, read 9,044 times
What is the racial composition of Solivita? I am of African origin and planning to buy a home there. I'd like an honest answer.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:57 AM

14 posts, read 103,555 times
Default No clue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajancw View Post
What is the racial composition of Solivita? I am of African origin and planning to buy a home there. I'd like an honest answer.

Sorry the best answer I have is no clue.

We have been to Solivita twice for very short visits. We saw people of all races but do not have any idea what the composition is.

Maybe Solivita has that info.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:20 PM

104 posts, read 417,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajancw View Post
From what I have seen, mainly Caucasian. I used to do a lot of work in Solivita, and driving around, saw very few African-American or Asian residents. Solivita is a nice community, but the big problem is that the people buying in Bellalago a few mile down the road are paying ridiculous prices to offset the lower selling prices in Solivita. Bellalago is also nice, gated, and suffers the same problem as Solivita...they are located in a not-so-desirable area. But homes in Bellalago are nearly double as homes in Solivita, for the same sized home. Avatar (not one of the better builders BTW) are robbing Bellalago buyers to subsidize the costs of retirement community Solivita.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:26 PM

1 posts, read 8,915 times
I,ve seen quite a few quotes about Solivita from you(all negative). What are you basing your opinions on if you don't live there?

Old 07-06-2008, 08:49 AM

41 posts, read 215,591 times
Default solavita

i hope your spanish

Old 07-06-2008, 10:20 AM

1,594 posts, read 5,281,888 times
I have to go to Solivita all the time for work and it is a lovely community. Everyone is friendly and it is a beautiful area. As for Bellalago, no one is forced to pay their prices. There are plenty of communities just as nice in the area that have better prices and less strict/less expensive HOA's.

Old 07-12-2008, 02:03 AM

800 posts, read 3,088,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmiles35 View Post
i hope your spanish
I go to Solivita for breakfast or lunch frequently. I also have clients that live there and absolutely love the lifestyle. I don't speak any language except for English and I never have problems with communications in Solivita or Poinciana.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:02 AM

167 posts, read 971,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagrandma View Post
I,ve seen quite a few quotes about Solivita from you(all negative). What are you basing your opinions on if you don't live there?
It appears the folks who rant about Solivita are either envious they can't reside in the pearly gates due to the 55 yr rule or are just plain miserable. There are gangs and crime in every neck of the woods in the entire USA. Solivita is by far the best community in Poinciana hands down. Yes, it is a bit far out, but you can't find a blade of grass out of place it is so well maintained. My DH's father resides there so we visit frequently as he is an avid golfer. If we were to move to Poinciana, it would be in Solivita. BTW, to another poster regarding African American's, yes, there are many that reside there, they even have a African American Club!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando