Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 04:29 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,979 times

Advertisements

The only ones that are bummy in my photos are the cops in that one pic..........LOL

Just kidding.....but yeah if you were closer to those people you could see that the white guy in that one pic had his shirt of but as i drove by i could tell he hadnt taken a bath in a while because he had dirt spots on him.....and the guy in the red shirt was just wearing his boots really loose and not tied and his shirt was dirty too and he had a bottle of beer in his hand that looked like he was already drinking it........then the Lady by the cops looked like she was wearing her night time pajamas on in the day as she was scratching her pubes......LOL.......That is what i mean by bummy....i didnt say they looked thugish or gangsta just a little dirty for a big town like Orlando....i mean when i grew up i lived in some really bummy areas so this stuff doesnt really bother "me" personally but i notice it......Trust me if you ever went around Miami Gardens or to Lake City Florida or in Gainsville or parts of Nashville you would see some real bummy looking people

Advesary said he was renting one but he didnt live there yet....he said he was visiting once a month......but maybe he is renting one of the nice new ones over there by the 7-11 or where Nova university is...i dont know....all i know is that even if the Americana area is technically the city of Orlando ....that it is not close to downtown or Paramore or Pine Hills really...It is actually 8 exits away from downtown

Last edited by THASPECIAL; 09-03-2007 at 04:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 10:02 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
What price range are you looknig for? My house is worth $250,000. I live by Lake Mary where the crime rate is very low. The schools are rated #1. Everything is centrally located, no further than 10 minutes. We don't have any HOA and are neighborhood is decent. My lot is about 1/2 acre.
Taxes are about $2000/yr
Insurance $950/yr
No water or sewer fees (have own)
Attached Thumbnails
NYC to Orlando-2006-012.jpg  

Old 09-05-2007, 12:59 AM

1,573 posts, read 4,063,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
I actually was near mall of Millenia today and took some pics not too far from there...this isnt the ghetto but i just posted these so you could get a feel for the neighborhood... not the worst area but not a rich neighborhood either.....i just wanted to post these for anyone else who wanders what an actual area on the map looks like
Those aren't bums, they are just pedestrians of color. You know, Florida has those too- Pedestrians. Even if it is one of the most dangerous places in the US to be one (I believe the most dangerous). Some people down here are so poor they can't own a car... what a surprise. You can blame no state income taxes and a Republican legislature. It's borderline banana republic, those people walking around are just peons, not bums or criminals.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:35 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnulus View Post
Those aren't bums, they are just pedestrians of color. You know, Florida has those too- Pedestrians. Even if it is one of the most dangerous places in the US to be one (I believe the most dangerous). Some people down here are so poor they can't own a car... what a surprise. You can blame no state income taxes and a Republican legislature. It's borderline banana republic, those people walking around are just peons, not bums or criminals.

I don't think you read the last reply i had on here........bummy isn't about color of skin......it's about if someone looks dirty like they didn't take a bath or wash clothes....i have been guilty of it alot of times......and if you read more closley you would have seen that i pointed out a white guy that looked bummy....if you were there with me that day you would have been closer to see what i mean about how people looked bummy.......did i say i am not like them?...no.....diid i say it was only blacks and hispanics that are only bummy in these pics?...no......i was just calling it like i see it....

i guess you would see people dressed like this in a club right?.....just let me know what kind of clubs allow this kind of dress and what do you call this style of dress?.......i am from Miami and ive lived in 5 states and was homeless as a kid living in a station wagon with my parents at one point and had government assistance so i really didnt have nice cloths and stuff back then and i wouldnt consider my wardrobe right now as the current style either but i am just saying bummy because the style of dress i saw in those areas in the pics that day is normal dress but kinda bummy.....meaning people dont go apply for jobs looking like this or go to clubs or church looking this way...........

my comments have nothing to do with race.....its not my fault that the area doesnt hAve more white people walking around........i took pics of areas where there are more whites per capita walking around too and i showed them in another post called "the good, the bad, and the ugly of orlando"

Last edited by THASPECIAL; 09-05-2007 at 02:14 AM..

Old 09-05-2007, 09:02 AM

85 posts, read 365,727 times
i back up thaspecial 100% about americana blvd. Remember the Jennifer Kesse incident? Also if you go to google and type in orlando police logs you will find orlandosentinel police logs in there. ALOT of crime happens near the Millenia Mall. The cirtcuit city got smashed into and someone stole $500,000.00 worth of electronics. People are constantly getting robbed and carjacked at gunpoint on conroy. Americana is Holden Heights. Its not all about poverty and race in there areas its about opportunity. If you have something that someone else doesnt have they wont hesitate to rob you. Orlando has grown into a hell hole in the last 10 years. Its like were living in New Orleans. Its safer in IRAQ. Pretty soon orlando will be like LA. I give it 3 years.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:04 AM

Also. Pine Hills isnt the only bad area. Where I live near UCF we have the most vehicle crimes in all of CF. Semoran area is getting bad. Noone ever talks about the Citrus Bowl area and Rio Grande. Bruton. Ivey Lane.
OBT.

if you want to feel 100% safe move out of FL. period.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:06 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,214,223 times
i'll be outta here in 3 yrs. dna3406. but i see orlando getting worse, and on the news, they said orlando's population is soon going to double. great! with the kind of ppl orlando attracts... now we will be geting more and more of them... great.

also, you cant feel 100% safe anymore, anywhere.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:16 AM

i agree you cant. there are really nice million dollar homes off 419 in E. Orlando and they are having their cars stolen from there without even knowing its sick.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:18 AM

631 posts, read 2,451,582 times
The entire area behind the Millenia Mall is bad. Anyone that has lived here before it went up knows that entire area backs up to the worst parts of OBT and Sand Lake Road. There's nothing wrong with telling the truth.

There are so many better places to live in Orlando for the money.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:22 AM

also tangelo park is right off of sandlake and oakridge area. I used to work for the Disney Reservation Center off of I-Drive and Municipal Dr. and if it wasnt for our security there we would of had trouble there cause tangelo was on the other side of our parking lot. Conroy isnt that good either. Vineland goes right to Columbia St. which turns into ivey Lane. What people dont realize is people are stealing cars and driving to these areas and causing crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando