Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 11:51 AM

1,382 posts, read 3,802,097 times

Advertisements

I just returned from a trip to PA & stayed at my sister-in-law's house. They left the windows open all night, the front door unlocked, and the sliding glass door open! I was mortified to say the least. You just don't do that anymore, even in a seemingly quiet area of PA. I learned that from growing up in Central FL. (if it's not bolted down, consider it gone) The last night we were in Central FL (before we moved to north GA), someone stole the gas out of our U-Haul parked in front of the house. Gotta love it... and that was back in 2006.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 03:20 PM

56 posts, read 143,783 times
We love the West side. We lived in Winter Garden, below Highway 50 and it's peaceful and no crime and now we are farther down on 535, 2 miles north of Disney and never experience crime either! The East side of Orlando, seems crazy.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:12 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,150,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere65 View Post
We love the West side. We lived in Winter Garden, below Highway 50 and it's peaceful and no crime and now we are farther down on 535, 2 miles north of Disney and never experience crime either! The East side of Orlando, seems crazy.
I agree. The east side of Orlando IMO has a lot more aggressive drivers and petty crime but it is definitely worse in some areas than others. The west side (the nice areas) seem more peaceful in general. The obviously bad areas of the west side do not fit into this assumption of course.

I live in Conway and always have issues with others driving aggressively or tailgating once I get east of say Semoran or Goldenrod on a lot of the main roads like Curry Ford, Alafaya, Lake Underhill, East Colonial, etc.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:14 AM

2,414 posts, read 5,402,302 times
The funny thing is the west side seems to have the worse reputation.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:23 AM

640 posts, read 3,075,853 times
I think there are plenty of areas in 32828 that are just fine. There are thousands of homes in this zip code. East side means different things to different people as well. To me that bad part of the "East" part of Orlando is the Semoran and Colonial areas.

I live in Eastwood in 32828 and while I know there has been random crime over the past 5 years that I have lived here, to me it is a pretty safe and quiet area. There are a lot of families and a lot of people who enjoy outdoor activities. I see people walking, running, exercising their dogs all hours of the day and evening.

A few years ago there was a lot of fear mongoring going on about the Metro West area but I haven't heard much about that area recently. I also think every major city has the same problems as Orlando.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:27 AM

30 posts, read 126,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedfromFL View Post
I just returned from a trip to PA & stayed at my sister-in-law's house. They left the windows open all night, the front door unlocked, and the sliding glass door open! I was mortified to say the least. You just don't do that anymore, even in a seemingly quiet area of PA. I learned that from growing up in Central FL. (if it's not bolted down, consider it gone) The last night we were in Central FL (before we moved to north GA), someone stole the gas out of our U-Haul parked in front of the house. Gotta love it... and that was back in 2006.
I know what you are talking about. Growing up in the midwest was very relax. Our front door was never locked. I often times left my car unlocked with the keys in it. That way I didn't have to worry about where my keys where. I remember pulling up to the local grocery store, and leaving my car running with the keys in it parking in the pregnant parking area while I run in to grab a donut from the bakery. I would like to see someone try that here in Orlando.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando