Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 11:15 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,206,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wen902 View Post
Thank you both. I know there is no city that's perfect. I have checked out homes to rent in the Colonialtown area but found I would get a lot more for my money in Clermont. I am single so a job prior to moving is a must and so far I have had no luck getting any feed back when I apply. I don't have a degree but I do have a very solid history with manufacturing sales/customer service. Though I'm not sure with the economy being the way it is how much of a chance I have finding a job from another state unless the company is specifically looking for that and I haven't found that so far. I did hear from Hertz but wasn't able to come to a job fair that they invited me to (found out on Wednesday and the job fair was Friday). The weather there is a huge plus.

Thank you for the comments. I know its not perfect there but I don't want to move to a worse place than I am(and Detroit is bad). I think I will have to take a trip down to look around and make sure that is where I want to be. Living in aplace is much different than vacationing.

Well guess what? I just moved from Cleremont in Lake County. By Far better than Orlando (City Peoper). You'd like it. There is an express Link 200 route that goes to Orlando, you know if you don't have a car, plus they just did major construction out there on the roads so if you do have a car travel to orlando won't be far or too frustrating like some areas in Orlando can be.

You might be able to find a job in Clermont, or try the 4 corners area. Sales is a plus in Orlando, there are all types of sales jobs. I just applied at AVis, thats about a good 30 miles away from Clermont though. But its a nice little suburb with transient people so you won't feel like an outsider too much.

Again back to Orlando, looking from numbers Detroit is worse. I mean i live in one of the worst neighborhoods in the city, but I do not do anything to draw attention to myself and i stay away from certain streets and corners. it's all a matter of being smart here. I tell people on this forum all the time crime in Orlando is not Random. Usually you have something of Valuable possession that a robber seas, it's retaliation, or domestic. So it's over all a pretty safe city with the new cheif. Crime actually dropped city wide. Like I said its certain neighborhood but We would not reccomend anywhere bad.

So I second clermont. I'd move back in a heartbeat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando