Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 09:50 AM

572 posts, read 1,870,314 times

Advertisements

Where are the black areas of Orange County? Is the black population concentrated in a few areas of the county (Like north, south, etc.), or is it more spread out?

Thanks for any info.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:55 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,145,925 times
There are a lot of African Americans in Tangelo Park, Parramore, Oak Ridge, Pine Hills, Metrowest, Sanford, and Apopka, yet those are just the concentrated areas and they do live throughout Orlando and the metropolitan area.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:55 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
Pine Hills and Parramore I believe but blacks are pretty much spread out evenly throughout the county from what I have seen.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:06 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,605,236 times
Wow, that's a really strange question and I'm not sure what to make of it. There are all kinds of people in Orange County and if you are looking for a typical, segregated city like those of the 60's and 70's, you'll be disappointed. By the way, you are also way behind the times. People don't have different skin colors unless your life is ruled by the term "prejudice" or "racial" or something along those lines.

Move to Orlando for the activities, the conventions, the gardens, the tanning, the lack of snow or cold weather and kiss your snow tires good-bye. Please don't tarnish Orange County with any more "social issues" because Orange County is so over it and has moved on.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:19 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,145,925 times
You could also be misinterpreting their intentions. I thought the question was odd, and Orlando is a very diverse and racially accepting city, but if a question is asked I try to answer it the best I can.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:38 AM

986 posts, read 3,549,070 times
Default I have to agree with Alice T

I completely agree with you alice, im not sure if the poster is black or white, but i dont see what skin color has to do with it. If you choose to live in a run down ghetto area then you are going to experience alot of social and criminal issues not only from blacks, but whites, hispanics everyone. If you choose a nice area, then whether you have blacks, whites or hispanics around you you wont have the same issues.

I may have completely misunderstood the question, but assuming i havent, i would respectfully suggest you source an area based on amenities, commute time and crime date and schooling, rather than on ethnicity, and the rest will fall into place.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:34 PM

40 posts, read 247,258 times
I think the person may just feel more comfortable living in a predominantly Black area. Or who knows...maybe they dont want to live in a predominantly black area. Whats the big deal? There preference is their preference. My first preference is to live in an "A" rated school district no matter what race majoritizes the neighborhood, but thats just me. And what makes this world go round is that we all have choices, and that poster chooses to know where Black people live. Whether he wants to live among us or stay as far away from us as possible is none of my business. He asks where we are. Thats what I got from reading the question that was posted.

Whats funny is that I used to live in Alaska and when I used to go home to NY people would always ask me about how cold it is, how is it dealing with 6 months of daylight and 6 months of night, and they didnt know any Black people lived there. Well besides me there was more Black people in Alaska than many people thought. I like people who arent afraid to ask questions, no matter how odd the question may seem.

Folks need to stop being so dang sensitive. This country has become so friggin touchy its crazy. You cant say one thing without someone wanting to make it into something else or wanting to sue somebody.

I'm glad the person felt that he/she could post their question here, and I am glad that some of you answered to the best of your ability. I certainly would have answered the person if I would have known the answer, but I wont be living there till May. And once I get there I will definetly become a regular member of this Orlando forum and try to help answer others questions as well. Great job guys, keep up the good work

Old 04-09-2008, 01:55 PM

Default Hi crissy

I do understand what your saying, unfortunatly these are the times we live in. I also wanted you to understand from my perspective as a realtor, that it is actually illegal for us to offer advice on areas based ethnicity. We can refer people to sources such as city-data etc, but otherwise that is all we can do. The fact that, that is the situation shows you the world we live in. I know its awful but we cant do right by doing wrong, because whichever way you look at it somebody will be offended.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:41 PM

572 posts, read 1,870,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
Wow, that's a really strange question and I'm not sure what to make of it. There are all kinds of people in Orange County and if you are looking for a typical, segregated city like those of the 60's and 70's, you'll be disappointed. By the way, you are also way behind the times. People don't have different skin colors unless your life is ruled by the term "prejudice" or "racial" or something along those lines.

Move to Orlando for the activities, the conventions, the gardens, the tanning, the lack of snow or cold weather and kiss your snow tires good-bye. Please don't tarnish Orange County with any more "social issues" because Orange County is so over it and has moved on.
How are you doing today. You definitely took the post the wrong way. I was just curious about where black people resided at, plain and simple. I am black myself, so I'm not a white person trying to duck "those people"; Nor am I a black person trying to duck "my people." I just wanted to be knowledgeable of the area. It is nice to find out that there is not necessarily a black area(s) of Orange County. Are neighborhoods in Orange County pretty diverse?

AliceT, Please don't hurt me. I love black people.(sarcasm)

Old 04-09-2008, 03:01 PM

Default hi there

To be honest with you, i live in Winter Garden (Orange County) and in my area, and in other areas i work in as a realtor you will find a pretty diverse mix of cultures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando