Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 08:14 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,800,231 times

Advertisements

That reminds me, one of these days I should make some bagels.

Today's Question(s):

Other than the normal car or truck I would really like to try driving a star cruiser.

Bonus Question:

It is a pretty safe bet you will never find me at a strip bar or tupperware party

Just Because Question:

I am sure a lot of folks wouldn't understand how I could get excited about something as simple as a book

Extra Credit Question:
In Honor of National Hot Dog Night

When was the last time you had a Hot Dog ? day before yesterday

What do you like to find on your Hot Dog ? Howards sweet pepper relish & taco sauce, or salsa, or plain.

Do you prefer your hot dog to be:
All Beef ****
Meat Mix ?
Boiled ?
Grilled ****
Steamed*
Covered in Corn Batter****

Just for Fun:

When was the last time your Tchotchkes got dusted? last week, I guess

Who did the dusting ? Who do you think? Me, of course. Thank goodness I'm not big into tchotchkes, don't have too many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 08:15 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,452,289 times
Default Gentlemen, start your engines. Ya gotta catch me!

Other than the normal car or truck I would really like to try driving a dark blue BMW Z3 with James Bond sitting in the passenger seat beside me.

MR Rdslots has a little red one, black interior, black top. His midlife crisis car, as he calls it, and fortunately for me, I'm the gal it came with -- or who goes in it -- and not some younger model of a brunette. As for my desire for driving one, I want it to be blue like the one Bond, James Bond, introduced several years back in *whichever* movie in the Bond series it was.

My husband is particularly fond of BMW, and has spoiled me, I'll admit, surrounding my behind in 'fine, Corinthian leather.' That of a 325 first, then a station wagon that he detested because of all of the connotations that came with it, and then with the ultimate of the ultimate driving machine, a beautiful 7 series sedan. I have had the nerve to whine over how the wagon was me; the sedan is not.

So, we're standing in the dealer's showroom the year BMW introduces Bond's little Z3, and there it sits on the floor, beckoning. I walk over to it, and a 5 series wagon, and the newest version of the 7 series sedan. My car had a check-up, and we're waiting for the fellow to bring it 'round.

"Honey," I say, and motion to him to join me at the side of the sedan, where we peer through the windows. "What does this car say?" He looks at me, knowing I'll tell him. "It says, loud and clear, some man's wife." I walk over to the wagon, and ask, "And what does this one say? Mom. No doubt about it."

Sashaying over to the little two-seater, I open the door, and lower myself into the leather bucket seat, placing one hand on the steering wheel, the other on the gear-shift near my hip. I give him a big smile, and ask, "And what does this say?"

He doesn't skip a beat. "That's what I wanna know, Baby. What does that car say?" He is standing there, admiring its sleek lines.

"It says," and I add just a bit of a lilt, and nod of the head, "May be single. Inquire within."

MR Rdslots frowns. "Hmpfff. . . you can forget about that one."

This many years later, and he has a little fire-engine red one. Didn't worry me one bit that it might be saying, "May be single. Inquire within." It has, just like he says, mid-life crisis written all over it. All I need to get done at this point is have my initials monogrammed in hot pink, about 16" height, across the top of the passenger-side seat.

I'm good-to-go until I can trade that sedan in on a blue BMW Z3. Anyone have Bond's cell number? or M's office number?

Old 07-16-2010, 08:16 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,783,825 times
I am driving 55 miles south to my favorite "Real Bagel" place. I am happy to see such dedication in the younger generation...

Today's Question(s):

Other than the normal car or truck I would really like to try driving a _______ ? I can't think of anything. I am pretty lucky in that regard. Perhaps one of those three wheeled bicycles. Never drove one of them.

Bonus Question:

It is a pretty safe bet you will never find me at a _________ ? Wow, I can't think.
I would guess, It is a pretty safe bet you will never find me at a drunk tank.

Just Because Question:

I am sure a lot of folks wouldn't understand how I could get excited about something as simple as _______? Going shopping and finding everything on the list.

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you had a Hot Dog ? Six days ago.

What do you like to find on your Hot Dog ? Quality mustard.

My hot dogs have to be 100 percent beef, no healthy additives like turkey etc, I like them Grilled, Boiled, Broiled or Steamed. Hot Dogs are good emergency foods, they can be eaten raw. Vienna Sausages are a better emergency food, they basically do not go bad...

Covered in Corn Batter ? That could possibly make it a corn dog. But I have been developing a new food treat (This is Secret, so don't divulge it), My home made "jalapeño-Wienered-Cornbread-Muffins" !

Look good don't they?

Just for Fun:

When was the last time your Tchotchkes got dusted ? In 2008 we had a massive de-cluttering operation.

Who did the dusting ? My dear wife. I did the packing.

I see some
Tchotchkes have creeped in:

Old 07-16-2010, 08:18 AM

2,080 posts, read 4,846,720 times
Good morning everyone....here in CT our weather is more like Florida's than New England...on our second heat wave...90's and tropical humidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

Woo Hoo !! It is "Road Trip" Day !!!
I am driving 55 miles south to my favorite "Real Bagel" place. Time to restock my supply
Everything bagels from Dunkin Donuts are the best.

Today's Question(s):

Other than the normal car or truck I would really like to try driving a _______ ? Nothing....I would rather be chauffeured around town.

Bonus Question:

It is a pretty safe bet you will never find me at a _Nascar or any other car race or strip club ___?

Just Because Question:

I am sure a lot of folks wouldn't understand how I could get excited about something as simple as _a good burp, and now a 6 hour stretch of sleep_____? (those with babies will understand )

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you had a Hot Dog ? Last month at a barbecue...I love hot dogs but do not buy them because they are filled with nitrites and bad for my kids that love them...but an occassional one is so yummy!

What do you like to find on your Hot Dog ? Ketchup and I love the bun a little toasted on the grill!

All Beef ? Probably this, but I bet more of them are
Meat Mix ? this
Boiled ?
Grilled ?
Steamed ? Never had one this way
Covered in Corn Batter ?

Just for Fun:

When was the last time your Tchotchkes got dusted ?

Who did the dusting ? Oh my gosh I remember this from last summer . Everything gets dusted once a week now..I have splurged for the rest of this year on a fabulous cleaning lady.

Today in History:
1439 - Kissing is banned in England (to stop germs from spreading)
1790 - The District of Columbia, or Washington, D.C., was established as the permanent seat of the United States Government.
1867 - D R Averill patents ready-mixed paint
1867 - Joseph Monier patents reinforced concrete
1935 - 1st automatic parking meter in U.S. installed, Oklahoma City,OK
1951 - Novel "Catcher in Rye" by J. D. Salinger published

Word of the Day:
tchotchke\CHOCH-kuh\ , noun:
1.A trinket; a knickknack.

Today is:
National Corn Fritters Day
Fresh Spinach Day
National Hot Dog Night
Rembrandt Day
Parking Meters Day
National Dust the Tchotchkes Day
Have a great day!

Old 07-16-2010, 08:38 AM

27,353 posts, read 27,405,100 times
Other than the normal car or truck I miss the feel of a semi, all the pretty (and not-so-pretty) sights in long haul. Been thinking a lot about going back to OTR too, if these cutting hours keeps up.

I buy only the kosher hot dogs, thoes other 'cheaper' ones feel rubbery and the taste is 'phew-ie yuk'!

I highly doubt youd find me at some really formal high class office party, I prefer the more casual comfortable 'be yourself' parties.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:52 AM

542 posts, read 588,596 times
Today's Question(s):

Other than the normal car or truck I would really like to try driving a bus

Bonus Question:

It is a pretty safe bet you will never find me at a night club

Just Because Question:

I am sure a lot of folks wouldn't understand how I could get excited about something as simple as a traffic light

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you had a Hot Dog ? last week

What do you like to find on your Hot Dog ? nothing (I like it plain)

All Beef
Boiled
Grilled

Just for Fun:

Old 07-16-2010, 09:11 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,440,674 times
Today's Question(s):
Other than the normal car or truck I would really like to try driving a giant earth-moving machine. The ones where the tires are over 10 feet tall!

Bonus Question:
It is a pretty safe bet you will never find me at a boxing match or a rooster fight. http://bestsmileys.com/thumbs/1.gif (broken link)

Just Because Question:
I am sure a lot of folks wouldn't understand how I could get excited about something as simple as zeroing out a grant ledger at work.

Extra Credit Question:
When was the last time you had a Hot Dog ?
Regular old hot dog? Years ago.
What do you like to find on your Hot Dog ?
Chili and cheese!
All Beef ?
Meat Mix ?
Boiled ?
Grilled ?
Steamed ?
Covered in Corn Batter ?

Just for Fun:
Christmas
Who did the dusting ?
Me. With help from a cat's tail.
http://bestsmileys.com/cats2/16.gif (broken link)

Today in History:
The District of Columbia, or Washington, D.C., was established as the permanent seat of the United States Government. The seat needs to be spanked, sent to their room, and put on restriction!

Today is:
Fresh Spinach Day Yum!

Old 07-16-2010, 09:17 AM

23,019 posts, read 34,393,868 times
It's a pretty safe bet you'll never find me at a bar.
I'm sure a lot of folks wouldn't understand how I get excited about going to work.
I prefer my hot dog to be beef, grilled with lots of cheese, I mix mayo, ketchup and mustard together with pickle relish and lots of onions.
Did major dusting when I moved my china cabinet last month.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:42 AM

850 posts, read 310,764 times
Today's Question(s):

Other than the normal car or truck I would really like to try driving an airplane

Bonus Question:

It is a pretty safe bet you will never find me at a book shop

Just Because Question:

I am sure a lot of folks wouldn't understand how I could get excited about something as simple as reality shows

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you had a Hot Dog ? I think it was 2 weeks ago

What do you like to find on your Hot Dog ? Cheese and mayonnaise

All Beef ?
Meat Mix ?
Boiled ?
Grilled ?
Steamed ?
Covered in Corn Batter ?

Just for Fun:

When was the last time your Tchotchkes got dusted ? I think last year

Who did the dusting ? Myself

Have a nice day!!!

Old 07-16-2010, 09:43 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,275,307 times
Today's Question(s):

Other than the normal car or truck I would really like to try driving a _moped______ ?

Bonus Question:

It is a pretty safe bet you will never find me at a _restaurant that has a low grade/sticker________ ?

Just Because Question:

I am sure a lot of folks wouldn't understand how I could get excited about something as simple as _a rock from france..."it's the little things"....______?

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you had a Hot Dog ? Last week.

What do you like to find on your Hot Dog ? Ketchup, spicy mustard, relish, onions.

All Beef ?
Meat Mix ?
Boiled ?
Grilled ?
Steamed ?
Covered in Corn Batter ?

Just for Fun:

When was the last time your Tchotchkes got dusted ? Sunday, I dust them every week...week 1/2...

Who did the dusting ? Me of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics