Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 10:00 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,259,428 times

Advertisements

Just for Fun:

Do you have any original painted artwork on your walls at home?

If yes, who did it/them?
Yourself
Friend/relative
An artist who is not well known
An artist who is well known locally
An artist who is well known nationally or internationally

I am taken a fun

Yes I have. He is well known on certain circles ... Not that I am part of that circle ... Then there is me a big artist , there is my dravings on my walls . Also a real artist has given me some lessons .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 10:40 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,061,079 times
Today’s Question(s):

Have you ever had a raging toothache? Yes

If yes, how long did you have to endure it before getting treatment? well, it stopped hurting so . . .

Extra Credit Question:

For those who have or had a career, would you choose the same career if you had your time over again? uh, no lol - well yeah, 'cause I had the experience of a lifetime and met some wonderful people

Why/why not? Global recession and the RE market just tanked

Bonus Question:

If all the people who usually answer the QOTD came to your home (around 45-50 of us), how many could you seat (excluding normal beds, steps and the floor, but including outdoor chairs and sofa beds)? You're kidding right? Maybe a couple lol

Just for Fun:

Do you have any original painted artwork on your walls at home? Nope, not anymore

Today in History:

1877 Thomas Edison demonstrates hand-cranked phonograph
1942 U.S. rations coffee during WWII
1944 John Hopkins hospital performs first open heart surgery
1953 American Airlines begins first regular commercial NY-LA air service
2010 Pablo Picasso's electrician reveals 271 previously unknown works by the artist, claiming they were gifts

Today’s Word:

Serry \SER-ee\ , verb;
1. To crowd closely together.

Today Is:

Square Dance Day
Newspaper Day
National Chocolates Day Oh yes, please
Electronic Greetings Day Now we're talking

Hope you get to feeling better, Kobber.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:15 AM

604 posts, read 457,175 times
Hi Everyone. Kobber, sorry to hear about your toothache... there's nothing worse!

Today’s Question(s):

Have you ever had a raging toothache? yes

If yes, how long did you have to endure it before getting treatment? about a week... Vicodin didn't help much either.

Extra Credit Question:

For those who have or had a career, would you choose the same career if you had your time over again? Well, I really can't complain about my career, but if I could do it over again, I guess I would choose something else. But then again, I wouldn't have met GG if we weren't both working at the same place. So no, I wouldn't change a thing!!

Bonus Question:

If all the people who usually answer the QOTD came to your home (around 45-50 of us), how many could you seat (excluding normal beds, steps and the floor, but including outdoor chairs and sofa beds)? I think about 20 of you

Just for Fun:

Do you have any original painted artwork on your walls at home? no

Thanks for the questions, Kobber! Even though you're in pain, you still did a great job!

Old 11-29-2011, 11:24 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,789,613 times
Today’s Question(s):

Have you ever had a raging toothache? Yes

If yes, how long did you have to endure it before getting treatment?

A couple of days. My mother took me to a local hospital that cared for those with little money. We checked and waited about an hour to be called. After I got into the dentists chair he asked me how old I was.

Since I was not 18 or older he could not work on me. If I'd have felt better I probably would have smacked the receptionist on the way out as she knew I wasn't 18 and let me sit....

Two days later we finally found a dentist that didn't want a fortune to remove the tooth. This was my first visit to a dentist. He looked at it, pulled out a pair of pliers, and started yanking on it. Part way through he announced that the roots were wrapped around the bone or some such and pulled out a hammer and a star drill bit

and proceeded to pound away. He then used, alternately, the pliers and the hammer and drill bit to get the tooth out.

No pain killer during all this...

Extra Credit Question:

For those who have or had a career, would you choose the same career if you had your time over again?

Yes

Why/why not?

I really enjoy working with computers

Bonus Question:

If all the people who usually answer the QOTD came to your home (around 45-50 of us), how many could you seat (excluding normal beds, steps and the floor, but including outdoor chairs and sofa beds)?

All of them. We could seat 26 just in the chairs outside, which I did not figure onto the count to make 50. So I'm around 75 or so total. You okay with folding chairs?

Someone else is doing the cooking and bringing the food, though.

Just for Fun:

Do you have any original painted artwork on your walls at home? Yes

If yes, who did it/them?
Yourself
Friend/relative

Today in History:

1775 Sir James Jay invents invisible ink
1877 Thomas Edison demonstrates hand-cranked phonograph
1942 U.S. rations coffee during WWII
1944 John Hopkins hospital performs first open heart surgery
1953 American Airlines begins first regular commercial NY-LA air service
2010 Pablo Picasso's electrician reveals 271 previously unknown works by the artist, claiming they were gifts

Today’s Word:

Serry \SER-ee\ , verb;
1. To crowd closely together.

Today Is:

Square Dance Day
Newspaper Day
National Chocolates Day
Electronic Greetings Day

Old 11-29-2011, 11:29 AM

39,003 posts, read 23,001,068 times
Today’s Question(s):

Have you ever had a raging toothache?
No, thank goodness. Just a dull ache which is a signal to see the dentist ASAP.

Thankfully, my dentist can accommodate same-day emergencies.

Extra Credit Question:

For those who have or had a career, would you choose the same career if you had your time over again?
No

Why/why not?
It's easily outsourced to overseas vendors. But, I can also do the same work from home as long as I have a computer connected to the Internet (preferably broadband, i.e., DSL or cable), if one can get a local and loyal customer base.

Bonus Question:

If all the people who usually answer the QOTD came to your home (around 45-50 of us), how many could you seat (excluding normal beds, steps and the floor, but including outdoor chairs and sofa beds)?
Around 20 in my humble abode.

Just for Fun:

No

Old 11-29-2011, 12:19 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,048,173 times
Today’s Question(s):

Yes, I had an abscessed molar one time.

Two days. The pain was simply the worst pain I have ever experienced. Everything I consumed had to be soft like mashed potatoes and room temperature or I couldn't stand the pain. I also didn't sleep at all for those two days. The dentist gave me antibiotics and some pain medication. The meds helped a lot and he did a root canal on that tooth the following week.

Extra Credit Question:

For those who have or had a career, would you choose the same career if you had your time over again? No!!!

Why/why not?

I was in the mental health field for many years and it was very stressful and emotionally draining beyond anything that I could adequately describe here...lol.

Bonus Question:

Probably about 12 or 13.

Just for Fun:

Do you have any original painted artwork on your walls at home? Yes

If yes, who did it/them?
Yourself
Friend/relative My great uncle that lives in the Sedona, Arizona area painted a very beautiful mountain scene from that area. He spent a lot of time on it and even put it in a very nice frame before giving it to me so I really cherish it.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:33 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,792,398 times
There is a vet just up the road here... maybe pull that tooth

Today’s Question(s):

Have you ever had a raging toothache? yes once when I was in Oklahoma for training....

If yes, how long did you have to endure it before getting treatment? about 3 days and then finally went to a local Dr and had it taken care of. Didn't think I could go 2 more weeks before I returned home.

Extra Credit Question:

For those who have or had a career, would you choose the same career if you had your time over again? yes... did I say yes?... I meant to say YES

Why/why not? great job.... and good benefits

Bonus Question:

If all the people who usually answer the QOTD came to your home (around 45-50 of us), how many could you seat (excluding normal beds, steps and the floor, but including outdoor chairs and sofa beds)? maybe 18

Just for Fun:

Do you have any original painted artwork on your walls at home? no

Old 11-29-2011, 05:13 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,281,632 times
Today’s Question(s):

Yes, but it's been years.
If yes, how long did you have to endure it before getting treatment? Not long, I'm sure I went right away.

Extra Credit Question:

Probably not.
Why/why not?
Although I enjoyed what I used to do, I wouldn't mind trying something else.

Bonus Question:

If all the people who usually answer the QOTD came to your home (around 45-50 of us), how many could you seat (excluding normal beds, steps and the floor, but including outdoor chairs and sofa beds)? 16 could seat comfortably.

Just for Fun:

Yes
If yes, who did it/them?
Yourself
Friend/relative
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics