Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 05:05 AM

36,412 posts, read 16,020,348 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question(s):

Have you ever had a raging toothache?

If yes, how long did you have to endure it before getting treatment?
I was on vacation in Mendocino, had partial treatment, then the infection spread to my whole body, then had to be picked up and driven home 5 hours with a fever, it was horrible.

Bonus Question:

If all the people who usually answer the QOTD came to your home (around 45-50 of us), how many could you seat (excluding normal beds, steps and the floor, but including outdoor chairs and sofa beds)?

About 13 if you like to be cozy

Just for Fun:

Do you have any original painted artwork on your walls at home?

If yes, who did it/them? I have a signed print from Robert Kincaid, does that count?
Yourself
Friend/relative
An artist who is not well known
An artist who is well known locally I have an original oil from a guy in Oregon.
An artist who is well known nationally or internationally
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 05:14 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
kobber-Best of luck with the tooth. I had to have 2 root canals redone the day before Thanksgiving. One tooth cracked and had to be extracted Now I have to get a bridge which I am not happy about.

Have you ever had a raging toothache? I have.

If yes, how long did you have to endure it before getting treatment? A few days. Anbesol was my friend.

For those who have or had a career, would you choose the same career if you had your time over again? No career but I love the work that I get to do

If all the people who usually answer the QOTD came to your home (around 45-50 of us), how many could you seat (excluding normal beds, steps and the floor, but including outdoor chairs and sofa beds)? At home in TN, I have enough seating inside and outside for about 20...but I have camping space for all

Do you have any original painted artwork on your walls at home? No.

National Chocolates Day

Old 11-29-2011, 05:19 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,070,580 times
Today’s Question(s):

Yes indeed--cracked a tooth while out of town at a wake for my mother in law's funeral. It was a long wake but I somehow made it through. Suffered for two days before we got home and my dentist could fix it. Let me tell you, shots of whiskey actually can be quite medicinal in an emergency situation like this.

Extra Credit Question:

For those who have or had a career, would you choose the same career if you had your time over again?

No, I think I would have become a realtor or maybe studied urban design. Who knew I would grow up to have such a love of houses and cities?

Bonus Question:

If all the people who usually answer the QOTD came to your home (around 45-50 of us), how many could you seat (excluding normal beds, steps and the floor, but including outdoor chairs and sofa beds)?

I'd find a way to squeeze each and every one in. If you include sitting on stairs and window ledges and maybe a few other odd spots we could fit at least 30, maybe even 40 or 50.

Just for Fun:

Most of our artwork is original. Some is by me or other members of the family, others are by a local artist who is not at all well known, but who exhibits at a local craft show.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:26 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Electronic Greetings Day

Old 11-29-2011, 05:27 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,100 times
Good morning, Kobber - thanks for another great round of questions!

Today’s Question(s):

Thankfully, I have not had this experience, or at least not yet. I'm not in any hurry to try it, either.

Extra Credit Question:

For those who have or had a career, would you choose the same career if you had your time over again?

Probably.

Why/why not?

It's reasonably lucrative, and I seem to be fairly good at it.

Bonus Question:

Oh, goodness. I guess it would be 11, if folks didn't mind sitting cozy. Oh, outdoor chairs, too? Then add another 3 or 4, though we'd never be able to fit everyone into the same room.

Just for Fun:

I have an original chalk drawing on the living room wall.

If yes, who did it/them?
Yourself
Friend/relative
An artist who is well known locally

I don't know who created it. It's a portrait of a young Polish girl that a friend of my mother's gave her, and it was done back in the 1960s by a Polish artist. But it doesn't really matter, I display it because I like it, not because of who made it.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:39 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,829,829 times
Good morning everyone. I’ve had the most bloomin’ awful toothache the last few days while you guys were all chomping on turkey and pumpkin pie. It has settled down now thanks to some strong antibiotics, but the dentist is sick and I can’t get an appointment before Thursday. In my small town, there’s no emergency dental service. Ooh, get better soon, Kobber. That is killer pain.

Today’s Question(s):

Have you ever had a raging toothache? Yes
If yes, how long did you have to endure it before getting treatment? A couple of days..

Extra Credit Question:

For those who have or had a career, would you choose the same career if you had your time over again? Maybe...

Why/why not? Maybe I care too much, or maybe others just don't care enough. It's tough working with people who don't care..especially supervising them.

Bonus Question:

If all the people who usually answer the QOTD came to your home (around 45-50 of us), how many could you seat (excluding normal beds, steps and the floor, but including outdoor chairs and sofa beds)? About seven in one room.

Just for Fun:

Do you have any original painted artwork on your walls at home? YesIf
yes, who did it/them?
Yourself
Friend/relative

Today in History:

1775 Sir James Jay invents invisible ink
1877 Thomas Edison demonstrates hand-cranked phonograph
1942 U.S. rations coffee during WWII
1944 John Hopkins hospital performs first open heart surgery
1953 American Airlines begins first regular commercial NY-LA air service
2010 Pablo Picasso's electrician reveals 271 previously unknown works by the artist, claiming they were gifts:

Today’s Word:

Serry \SER-ee\ , verb;
1. To crowd closely together.

Today Is:

Square Dance Day
Newspaper Day
National Chocolates Day
Electronic Greetings Day Real is better..., but electronics works too!!

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:45 AM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Good morning to all! Well, now that I'm back to the old grind, I know why I coveted that last vacation so much! Ugh! I can't get caught up. Oh well... another day, another dollar (or however many cents they pay me!).

Today’s Question(s):

Yes, I am familiar!

I would try all kinds of things to stop the hurt before manning up and getting it taken care of correctly.

Extra Credit Question:

I would definitely do things differently! Even though I am happy with my lot in life, there were several things I'd want to have done differently (unless of course the changes would affect my family... i.e. not meeting my DW or having our kids, etc. I would not want to change these things. )

Why/why not?

Bonus Question:

31 seats & 3 commodes ... so, 34 total places to sit on a chair /sofa in the house.

Just for Fun:

Yes

If yes, who did it/them?
Yourself
Friend/relative

Today Is:

Square Dance Day I did this a few times with my friends family as a younger person.
Newspaper Day Newspapers are dinosaurs these days.
National Chocolates Day
Electronic Greetings Day

Have a great day everyone!

Old 11-29-2011, 05:57 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,688,396 times
[quote=Kobber;21899067]Good morning everyone. I?ve had the most bloomin? awful toothache the last few days while you guys were all chomping on turkey and pumpkin pie. It has settled down now thanks to some strong antibiotics, but the dentist is sick and I can?t get an appointment before Thursday. In my small town, there?s no emergency dental service. I'm sorry to hear you are in pain.. maybe someone will cancel and they can squeeze you in alittle sooner.

Today?s Question(s):

Have you ever had a raging toothache? Yes

If yes, how long did you have to endure it before getting treatment? 2.5 days

Extra Credit Question:

Why/why not?

Bonus Question:

[b]If all the people who usually answer the QOTD came to your home (around 45-50 of us), how many could you seat (excluding normal beds, steps and the floor, but including outdoor chairs and sofa beds)? Quite a few.

Just for Fun:

Do you have any original painted artwork on your walls at home? No

If yes, who did it/them?
Yourself
Friend/relative

Today in History:

2010 Pablo Picasso's electrician reveals 271 previously unknown works by the artist, claiming they were gifts

[b][u]Today?s Word:

Serry \SER-ee\ , verb;

Today Is:

Square Dance Day - Haven't square danced in years
Newspaper Day
National Chocolates Day
Electronic Greetings Day - Hello!

Old 11-29-2011, 06:08 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,277,300 times
Today’s Question(s):

Have you ever had a raging toothache? Yes, when I was a kid

If yes, how long did you have to endure it before getting treatment? Maybe a day or two.

Extra Credit Question:

For those who have or had a career, would you choose the same career if you had your time over again? Maybe

Why/why not? It would depend on where I would live........not much opportunity here in the rural areas.

Bonus Question:

If all the people who usually answer the QOTD came to your home (around 45-50 of us), how many could you seat (excluding normal beds, steps and the floor, but including outdoor chairs and sofa beds)? Not a clue.......it depends on if you want to be comfy

Just for Fun:

Do you have any original painted artwork on your walls at home? No

If yes, who did it/them?
Yourself
Friend/relative

Today in History:

2010 Pablo Picasso's electrician reveals 271 previously unknown works by the artist, claiming they were gifts

Today’s Word:

Serry \SER-ee\ , verb;

Today Is:

Square Dance Day
Newspaper Day
National Chocolates Day
Electronic Greetings Day

Old 11-29-2011, 06:24 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone. I’ve had the most bloomin’ awful toothache the last few days while you guys were all chomping on turkey and pumpkin pie. It has settled down now thanks to some strong antibiotics, but the dentist is sick and I can’t get an appointment before Thursday. In my small town, there’s no emergency dental service.

Today’s Question(s):

Have you ever had a raging toothache?Yes!

Same day--a Sunday! I called him at home lol since it was an emergency.. Never did that but pain was excrutiating! I can only pop so many Advil!He told me he would meet me at his office but he'd be in sweatpants and a t-shirt. I told him I didn't care if he streaked in! It was actually a botched root canal that ANOTHER dentist did--never filling one of the canals and half of another! Just my luck lol...1500.00 later that an endodontist had to take care of!

Wisdom teeth too--my ins. at the hospital I worked didn't kick in for 80 more days when they needed to be pulled! lol...It was quite a relief to get them out. I remember asking the oral surgeon, "when are you going to start"? He said, "I'm done!" thanks to the drugs LOL

Extra Credit Question:

Why/why not? Human Resources industry... yes, like it alot!

Today in History:

Today Is:

Square Dance Day Not since elementary school thankfully LOL.
Newspaper Day
National Chocolates Day
Electronic Greetings Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics