Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 07:50 PM

24,777 posts, read 28,587,908 times

Advertisements

Better tie the car down... if this does shift like they say it will. I would not want too be in a airplane or on a cruse ship for navigation problems..then you have the problems with volcanoes and magma that's has a high iron content..
I think if anything was going too happen we would have seen the flux field starting too change months ago...
And on the evening of the 20th... if you look out side your window at midnight and the moon seem extremely large and extremely bright.. time to worry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 07:58 PM

1,780 posts, read 3,937,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
Better tie the car down... if this does shift like they say it will. I would not want too be in a airplane or on a cruse ship for navigation problems..then you have the problems with volcanoes and magma that's has a high iron content..
I think if anything was going too happen we whould have seen the flux field starting too change months ago...

Right. The magnetic poles ARE in a state of flux right now. Learned that on one of those science documentaries some time ago. Unbelieveably, a large patch of ocean in the Bermuda Triangle is unstable right now, and growing in area.

I know I am going to regret bringing that up!!!

Old 12-07-2012, 07:58 PM

24,777 posts, read 28,587,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan D'Arc View Post
I think I see the problem here. As I understand pole shift, it is merely the magnetic "pull" that will be reversed, i.e., north is south, south is north.

In other words the land masses, icebergs and ocean mass will not go sloshing to the other side/end of the earth. So, no apocalypse and all the stars will be right where we found them before. The EARTH won't move to a new direction, just the magnetism. k?

It's just that your compass will be messed up; you'll have to transpose the directions until new, correct ones are made.

PS: This a scientifically valid, demonstrated event for which evidence has been duly noted, and has happened more than a few times on our planet if memory serves.
No sloshing around..no flipping... just snap. North Pole is now South Pole... what a mess that would be.
All navigation for everything would stop ! This has happened before in time.. but has taken millions of years to shift..

Old 12-08-2012, 03:13 AM

2,308 posts, read 3,468,234 times
Schedule of December Holidays of 2012 :
December 20 - preparation for the Doomsday
December 21 - the Doomsday beginning
December 22 - official celebrations of the Doomsday
December 23 - the Doomsday termination
December 24 - rest after the Doomsday
December 25-29 - New Year's morning performances, fir-trees and so on...
December 31 - New Year!
Happy coming holidays ))

Old 12-08-2012, 04:49 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,039,322 times
OK - I hear we're all falling off a cliff and then I hear it's the end of the earth - so which is it? I'm real confused with all this. Should I pack my parachute or should I not bother?

Think I'll go back to bed~~~~~~~~

Old 12-08-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
Schedule of December Holidays of 2012 :
December 20 - preparation for the Doomsday
December 21 - the Doomsday beginning
December 22 - official celebrations of the Doomsday
December 23 - the Doomsday termination
December 24 - rest after the Doomsday
December 25-29 - New Year's morning performances, fir-trees and so on...
December 31 - New Year!
Happy coming holidays ))
Hey, thanks for the schedule. I had not receieved my copy as yet!
Happy New Year!!!!!

Old 12-08-2012, 11:15 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,934,738 times
Will this be a BYOB party?

Old 12-08-2012, 11:51 AM

11,394 posts, read 9,320,940 times
I love science. It's a shame NASA scientist David Morrison has to do this. It should be common sense:

2012 End of the World Theories: NASA Scientist Eases Public Fear About Mayan Calendar, Rogue Nibiru Planet, as Tension Rises - ABC News

Old 12-08-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Will this be a BYOB party?
Yes. Spirits welcome...

Old 12-08-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I love science. It's a shame NASA scientist David Morrison has to do this. It should be common sense:

2012 End of the World Theories: NASA Scientist Eases Public Fear About Mayan Calendar, Rogue Nibiru Planet, as Tension Rises - ABC News
I hope we all think about that the next time we are encouraged to vote "NO" to new public school taxes. Just sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics