Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2016, 05:41 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,126,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
You beat me to it! One of my favorite Mae West lines. At 10 I used to walk around the house in a vintage, champagne-velvet sheath dress, plastic pearls, and imaginary cigarette holder - striking poses and quoting Mae or sometimes other stars of her day.

Talking of actresses, my all time favourite is Audrey Hepburn!

She is without doubt the most beautiful woman ever!

Those eyes, her complexion and those high cheekbones -- oh my, oh my oh my!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 06:02 AM

18,969 posts, read 11,631,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post

At work then you must've caught my Audrey reference in my holly Golightly comment! She was a fine lady to be sure - all the way around. Plus I love her pixie look.

Old 08-17-2016, 06:12 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,455,630 times
Quote:
You beat me to it! One of my favorite Mae West lines. At 10 I used to walk around the house in a vintage, champagne-velvet sheath dress, plastic pearls, and imaginary cigarette holder - striking poses and quoting Mae or sometimes other stars of her day.
Mae had some belters didn't she?....... my favourite which I believe she used on the stage, but not in films obviously, was when talking to a suitor.......'Is that a gun in your pocket - or are you just pleased to see me?.'.........

That is a cracker!!

There were some rumours back in the day that Mae West was a man! Some real crazy theories out there. Some saying Mae's brother took over playing her later in life. Something about Mae having died. I laughed at such ideas, but when the person proposing it showed pictures of Mae in about 1937, and some of her 20 years later, I had to agree it didn't look like the same person!!

Raquel Welch did say in an interview, that on close observation of Mae during the making of 'Myra Breckenridge', that she believed Mae was a man........

In the 15th minute of this interview, Raquel says it..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbqV1cTqjwg

Old 08-17-2016, 06:16 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,455,630 times
Quote:

She had a finely shaped nose too! I am a fan of well turned noses........ Lucille Ball also had a fine snozzle.

My girl Raquel Welch's nose was perfect....... beautifully flared nostrils........

Old 08-17-2016, 06:22 AM

Quote:
At work then you must've caught my Audrey reference in my holly Golightly comment! She was a fine lady to be sure - all the way around. Plus I love her pixie look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
She had a finely shaped nose too! I am a fan of well turned noses........ Lucille Ball also had a fine snozzle.

My girl Raquel Welch's nose was perfect....... beautifully flared nostrils........

I really don't know much about Mae West or Ms Welsh, but I have admired Audrey since I was a little girl. If memory serves, my first film of hers was "Sabrina". Watched it by accident with my mother and some of her friends. Don't recall the story but I knew even then she was my version of Snow White!

I could continue extolling her virtues all day long; but I won't

Now that she is in my head, I think I'll search for a nice wallpaper for this company laptop.

You won't get much sense out of me now (if ever, lol). I am totally ensorcelled!

Old 08-17-2016, 12:10 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,082,003 times
Oh gawd - you're all talking about women on here.

Let's talk about men instead! Danish men are nice, it seems - I saw some Danish men on the Olympics. If there's women's sports going on, I can't be arsed to watch that...

Old 08-17-2016, 12:17 PM

444 posts, read 327,268 times
I am presently thinking about Boston and Red Bull.

I know Red Bull is bad for me and overpriced to pay for the UFC spots and TV ads... but I love a big giant Red Bull.

Old 08-17-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Oh gawd - you're all talking about women on here.

Let's talk about men instead! Danish men are nice, it seems - I saw some Danish men on the Olympics. If there's women's sports going on, I can't be arsed to watch that...
I like Danish Bacon, and perhaps Danish Lurpak butter; but not too fussed about Danish geezers

I could watch women's athletics all day long, thank you very much

Old 08-17-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtagusername View Post
I am presently thinking about Boston and Red Bull.

I know Red Bull is bad for me and overpriced to pay for the UFC spots and TV ads... but I love a big giant Red Bull.
I used to love Red Bull when I was at university, especially at late night raves! That stuff used to keep me going for hours on end on the dance floor!

But these days not quite so much: but still good in small doses

Old 08-17-2016, 12:56 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,082,003 times
Quote:
I like Danish Bacon, and perhaps Danish Lurpak butter; but not too fussed about Danish geezers

I could watch women's athletics all day long, thank you very much
My favourite Olympic sport is the men's Diving for some reason.

And to think, years ago I used to walk past Tom Daley's school every day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics