Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2016, 12:31 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,122,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post

Toosie-I think you and I should hang out with Zola..and you too Star. It would be lots of laughs.

Zola-Have fun on your date
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I know but you all stay up way later than I usually do so we get a fair amount of crossover

Totally!

All this talk of guys...dark and rangy/lanky - tall or small. But, of course, the first sexy celebs I thought of don't fit the type (well, in spirit maybe) - Viggo mortensen, Ed Harris, Stewart Copeland, mark strong. Yeah, I sorta like an ugly/handsome guy with a broken nose look - what can I say? Christian bale and Matt Dillon are about as cute as it gets for me Unfortunately for them, I'm not available Ugh - all that objectification - horrible!

And hey wait - is Star younger than I realized too? You British lasses give off a mature vibe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
And I missed all the fun from across the pond...

Oh well...there's always tomorrow. That, and adding more tags to the products in my Etsy store.
Good morning all! Tis Thursday 18th, in case you're wondering

It would be rather fun meeting up with Lisa, Toosie and Star! So many stories to tell no doubt; so many questions to ask, so many pieces of sage advice across the age band starting with me (being the youngest at 23) and ending with....errr........Hmmm I'll hold that thought in case I get murdered by the eldest among us

Talking of blokes (not that I'm a big fan obviously, but I do like blokes really, lol) I almost swooned when I saw Viggo Mortensen in LOTR. He looked EXACTLY how I imagined him to be from the book as Aragorn. I think he was the only man that I could have...well..... you know

I also quite like Ed Harris & Johnny Depp; Robbie Williams wasn't too bad looking a few year ago too. There are other guys I quite like, but its 7:30 in the AM here, and my brain has only just clicked out of 1st gear

@ SeasonedNewbie. Yeah, shame you missed all the trans-Atlantic fun yesterday evening UK time (or afternoon/morning whatever your time, ha!)

Normally there is an entrance fee to join, beginning with :-
5 chocolate bars of my choice just for looking up my name here;
and then there's a booking fee, of 3 more chocolate bars;
plus an administration fee of 3 Magnums;
and finally a "timezone difference penalty" (anything less than GMT+1 basically. Very unfair I know, but there you have it) That triggers a chocolate bar AND Magnum and anything Star fancies too

Feel free to join

Have a great day all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 12:35 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,445,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post

@ SeasonedNewbie. Yeah, shame you missed all the trans-Atlantic fun yesterday evening UK time (or afternoon/morning whatever your time, ha!)

Normally there is an entrance fee to join, beginning with :-
5 chocolate bars of my choice just for looking up my name here;
and then there's a booking fee, of 3 more chocolate bars;
plus an administration fee of 3 Magnums;
and finally a "timezone difference penalty" (anything less than GMT+1 basically. Very unfair I know, but there you have it) That triggers a chocolate bar AND Magnum and anything Star fancies too

Feel free to join

Have a great day all
Yeah........ and you'll need a guard for all the stash. Just to make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands!!

Morning Zola.......

Old 08-18-2016, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Yeah........ and you'll need a guard for all the stash. Just to make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands!!

Morning Zola.......

Morning, Dave!

You can be the official guard of the chocolates! In fact you can be our Chocolate Soldier (but just stay out of the sun though, lol)

Old 08-18-2016, 05:12 AM

18,951 posts, read 11,615,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
And I missed all the fun from across the pond...

Oh well...there's always tomorrow. That, and adding more tags to the products in my Etsy store.
I still wanna know what you're selling on etsy?

Storms here overnight. Another scorcher today. Wonder if ol LC is still nursing hid hangover

Old 08-18-2016, 05:34 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,445,730 times
Quote:
Morning, Dave!

You can be the official guard of the chocolates! In fact you can be our Chocolate Soldier (but just stay out of the sun though, lol)
Just back from the weekly shopping expedition........ Gordon Bennett, I'm cream crackered! It's really sultry out there today.

We got all the important things. More Magnum ice creams, and wine from Sainsbury's....... 25% off six bottles. I got some very nice 'Campo Viejo Rioja. Four bottles of white, and two red. The booze bedroom is back to it's best........

I have stopped keeping chocolate bars in the house Zola....... they call to me. I keep the large bars of Cadbury's in a small box in my wardrobe. Even with the door shut, I can hear them...... 'David...... we're here just waiting for you. Come into our chocolate embrace'........ Get thee away from me Satan!!

Time for a coffee.......

Old 08-18-2016, 07:43 AM

Have been tempted to buy one of those cheap and cheerful chocolate fountains from Argos! But have always stopped myself from doing so because I know I will be too addicted, literally immersing myself in it!

But on to other things. Spent my lunchtime in the nearby pub beer garden: nice glass of shandy and a roast beef & English mustard sarnie on crusty doorsteps! Gorgeous!

But what I didn't know, (up until 10 minutes ago), was that I had a very small "dollop" of yellow mustard on my nose! And none of my so-called work colleagues whom i dined with, bothered to tell me.... up until 10 minutes ago back in the office

I mean I know I'm "hot stuff, ha!" but this is ridiculous, lol

time check: 2:43pm. time for a tea

Old 08-18-2016, 07:57 AM

Why do "you people" insist on interjecting sainsburys references in every single post!? It's not kind to taunt fellow thread members like that

Solar - explain crusty doorstep for me please.

Old 08-18-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Why do "you people" insist on interjecting sainsburys references in every single post!? It's not kind to taunt fellow thread members like that

Solar - explain crusty doorstep for me please.
Probably a quaint English idiom - it just means thick-cut slices of crusty bread! Bread that you can buy from Sainsbury's in fact

Old 08-18-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Probably a quaint English idiom - it just means thick-cut slices of crusty bread! Bread that you can buy from Sainsbury's in fact
Girl, you better keep your running shoes on cause I am NOT giving you a head start next time!

Old 08-18-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Girl, you better keep your running shoes on cause I am NOT giving you a head start next time!

I do believe Sainsbury's sell a good range of running shoes, in case you're interested

Am I annoying you yet? ha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics