Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2016, 11:12 PM

251 posts, read 205,058 times

Advertisements

The pleasure of running away for the weekend: our go-bags and nothing else, and the sheer joy of defying the odds against getting a room for a night, and winning!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 04:56 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,126,950 times
12 noon, and have just returned home from a rather splendid evening last night

Time for some Sunday dinner, methinks. Which equates to a trip down the local boozer for some good old pub grub!

Cheers!

Old 08-21-2016, 05:19 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,456,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post
12 noon, and have just returned home from a rather splendid evening last night

Time for some Sunday dinner, methinks. Which equates to a trip down the local boozer for some good old pub grub!

Cheers!
I wondered where you were Zola......... good night huh?......... All quiet here. I have been wandering lonely as a cloud around city-data. A post here....... a post there. America must be getting out of bed soon.......

We're on chicken for dinner today. Judy has all the veg and whatnot peeled, and in pans behind me out here in the kitchen. I really must put a coating of thin wallpaper paste on the walls, to seal them........ ready for tomorrow........

Enjoy your pub grub.........

Old 08-21-2016, 06:03 AM

18,969 posts, read 11,632,888 times
Hope one of you Brits has a proper Sunday roast for me today. Don't forget the roasties and Yorkshire pudding!

I'll be doing a practice run to figure out how to drive to my friends house. Lunch nearby will be my reward if I succeed

Old 08-21-2016, 06:07 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,460,439 times
I ran all the way here…Zola made me do it, lol.

I used to run 5 miles a day back in college. Running kills my knees now but I can do a little jog just not on my hills HAve you seen my driveway

Glad you had a good time last night Zola.

Hi Dave…one American up

Good luck with the wallpaper tomorrow. It's raining here so I will be cooking today. I have some veggies to use up so I'm thinking a big pot of vegetable soup. And of course I need to poach up some chicken breast to make salad for lunch.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:15 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,456,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Hope one of you Brits has a proper Sunday roast for me today. Don't forget the roasties and Yorkshire pudding!

I'll be doing a practice run to figure out how to drive to my friends house. Lunch nearby will be my reward if I succeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
I ran all the way here…Zola made me do it, lol.

I used to run 5 miles a day back in college. Running kills my knees now but I can do a little jog just not on my hills HAve you seen my driveway

Glad you had a good time last night Zola.

Hi Dave…one American up

Good luck with the wallpaper tomorrow. It's raining here so I will be cooking today. I have some veggies to use up so I'm thinking a big pot of vegetable soup. And of course I need to poach up some chicken breast to make salad for lunch.
Good afternoon toos and Lisa....... Roast chicken dinner here later, with roasties, and of course some Yorkshire pudding.

I have just mixed a small amount of thin paste to size the walls Lisa. I'm letting it thicken slightly before I slap it on the walls.......... Tomorrow is D-Day for decorating. There is no way out...... pray for me.

Judy likes to knock up some soup from leftovers. She boils up the chicken bones for stock, then throws everything she can find of leftovers to make soup.

It was pouring with rain earlier, but it has cleared up with some watery sunshine. Not good at all for this time of year.

I must look for some running gear next time I'm in town. I'll need a sweat band for starters. Running shorts, and a vest....... I have some sneakers........ like I told Zola, I'll start slowly. Mebbe a 100 yards or so, then work up from there.

Have a great Sunday girls.......

Old 08-21-2016, 06:17 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,573,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post

I will be LOL

Just a quick hello to all

I'm on a quick break at work then....... SMASHING IT UP!!! ( as we say for erecting a scaffold FAST!!! )

Have a great day everyone

What am I currently thinking of?...... How I LOVE ALL the super sexy members on this thread.... Especially that Dave and Bec .... The girls have a lot of catching up to do to us blokes!!!! .......... ( LMAO!!!!!!!!!! )

Old 08-21-2016, 06:21 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,460,439 times
Hi Toosie and LC.

LC-Glad to hear you are smashing it up

Ha…got tired of charming the gals now you are working on the guys So fickle

Old 08-21-2016, 06:29 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,573,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
Hi Toosie and LC.

LC-Glad to hear you are smashing it up

Ha…got tired of charming the gals now you are working on the guys So fickle
Men play hard to get much better though....... I asked my mate that I work with if he was going to get the tea in.... Instead he walked up to the the top of the scaffold .... And jokingly blanked me! ...

So yeah think I'll stick with the birds!!!.......

So how's you my love? ( 😂😂😂😂 )

Old 08-21-2016, 06:30 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,126,950 times
Just a quickie because I'll be off to the pub for lunch shortly (am going to run rather than take the car. It's a nice day, and it's only a mile away. 5 or 6 minutes, job done, lol)

Good morning to our American ladies, and good afternoon LC, and morning/afternoon/evening/night to everyone else out there in CD land

Am just installing some rather awesome Network Management Software - for free!!

Okay, so it's a bit limited in free format, but for my home network it appears to be ticking all the boxes!

It's got a shedload of monitoring, switches, sensors, probes, SSL encryption, alerting, triggering..... it's a veritable box of tricks, and I'm like a little girl on Christmas Day, wanting to play, play, play!!

Ho hum. Guess I need to take my "Geek Head" off and become a sociable kinda gal again!

Have a good one, x
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics