Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 04:48 PM

238 posts, read 222,893 times

Advertisements

You guys are too literal. Although, I am not surprised. All you have is words to go by. When I said "hate", I didn't literally mean that I "hated" it. I didn't like it. I don't like being told that I look like someone that I don't. It's that simple. It's not like I'm sitting here plotting revenge. Just thought some of you might have had similar experiences at one time. Mod cut.

I'm human. Sometimes things bother me.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-25-2015 at 09:24 PM.. Reason: Rude; off-topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
Only when that person they're referring to is not attractive.

I've gotten Tyra Banks, Vanessa L. Williams, and Rani Mukherjee, and I am not Black or Indian. My thoughts? I wish! I don't get a lot of you look like so and so, but I do get a lot of you don't look <insert nationality>. I used to find it offensive because I think women from my nationality are beautiful. Now it doesn't bother me as much. From what I read, a lot of Indians don't find Freida Pinto attractive, but the Western people do. Well, I am kind of like Freida. Lots of people from my nationality don't find me attractive, but I have no issues with men from other nationalities, particularly of European descent.
Thank you for your honesty. Without trying to make me feel like a dillhole for no reason at all.

Last edited by johnnyb1980; 10-23-2015 at 05:24 PM..

Old 10-23-2015, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
"Hate"? Not at all. Can't say it would really bother me.

I've gotten Rosario Dawson, but I don't really see it. And if Rosario Dawson and Angelina Jolie had a baby, a girl, it would apparently look like me. Not sure about that one, but it's NOT a bad thing to look like either.

"Hate" was taken too literal. But at least you had something else to say. Thank you.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:03 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I'm a white dude, but I've had a several people over the yrs approach me and start speaking Spanish, I politely tell them I don't do the hablo thing, wished I did actually, LOL

One time this old Mexican dude starts speaking to me in Spanish and I politely tell him that I don't speak Spanish, he then starts to give me a lecture in English about how I shouldn't deny my heritage and to not be ashamed of who I was... LOL, I just laughed and told him that I wished I was Hispanic, being a white guy is so boring... LOL....

Irish Mick here....

Mrs. Chow is actually half Mexican and I look more "Mexican" than she does... LOL....

I can't think of a celebrity that I would say I look like.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:17 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm a white dude, but I've had a several people over the yrs approach me and start speaking Spanish, I politely tell them I don't do the hablo thing, wished I did actually, LOL

One time this old Mexican dude starts speaking to me in Spanish and I politely tell him that I don't speak Spanish, he then starts to give me a lecture in English about how I shouldn't deny my heritage and to not be ashamed of who I was... LOL, I just laughed and told him that I wished I was Hispanic, being a white guy is so boring... LOL....

Irish Mick here....

Mrs. Chow is actually half Mexican and I look more "Mexican" than she does... LOL....

I can't think of a celebrity that I would say I look like.
" Don't deny your heritage! " (sorry chow mate couldn't resist )
Attached Thumbnails
Do you hate when someone tells you that you look like someone you don't?-image.jpeg  

Old 10-23-2015, 05:42 PM

93 posts, read 83,433 times
Anybody remember Waldo of "Where's Waldo?" from the 1990s? When it first came out, people told me that I looked like Waldo.
A lot.
An AWFUL lot.

It really got annoying after the first few hundred times...

These days, I fare a bit better. Quite a few people have said that I look like John Lennon. One told me I remind her of a 1990s-era John Corbett. Personally, I don't really see the resemblance. I think people just see my long hair, beard, and glasses, and their minds fill in the rest.

But no, I don't mind either one. They're a definite improvement over Waldo!

Old 10-25-2015, 07:57 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,297,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
" Don't deny your heritage! " (sorry chow mate couldn't resist )
London cowboy, that fellow you posted a picture of has an interesting story. Check out the Wikipedia page about him.

As for looks, as plain and boring as I am, no one has said I look like anyone, famous or otherwise. Maybe that's good?

Old 10-25-2015, 08:05 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
London cowboy, that fellow you posted a picture of has an interesting story. Check out the Wikipedia page about him.

As for looks, as plain and boring as I am, no one has said I look like anyone, famous or otherwise. Maybe that's good?
I know EXACTLY who he is . it's just abit of banter between me and chow as were mates

Old 10-25-2015, 10:33 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
Sometimes it bothers - all depends on "who" they say I look like. There a lot of celebrities that I've been told I look like, and none of them look alike at all.

Old 10-25-2015, 10:38 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
I wish I had a dollar for every time someone said I looked like one of their friends or relatives. Does it bother me? No. I'm highly social and if it makes a stranger feel more at ease with me because I feel familiar then I view that as an asset. It was even more of an advantage when I was working and taking care of someone's most precious one. I can't tell you how many times I became part of their family temporarily. I miss that side of my job. It was very rewarding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics