Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2008, 08:54 AM

5,793 posts, read 13,937,018 times

Advertisements

Ah yes, Mr. AksarbeN. Coincidentally, I worked with someone for 16 hours yesterday who shares that name. But do we remember what we had for lunch on Friday?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 11:21 AM

2,947 posts, read 1,675,716 times
For any military folks...
DH and I were listening to oldies on the TV. Which caused DH to stroll down memory lane. He said somewhere in one of the boxes stored somewhere that he has a pack of lucky strikes, it was his dads from his service days. apparently in his K-rations box each day. Well any way, Dh says that the "target emblem" was green, and there were 10 cigarettes in each pack. He explained that the pack was normally carried in the netting on the helmet. So therefore they didn't want a big ol red target there of all places. Does anyone have memories of military life to share? Stuff that a lot of us just do not know, but has meaning? It fits "Im so Old I REMEMBER".

Looking forward to the replies.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:28 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-rose View Post
For any military folks...
DH and I were listening to oldies on the TV. Which caused DH to stroll down memory lane. He said somewhere in one of the boxes stored somewhere that he has a pack of lucky strikes, it was his dads from his service days. apparently in his K-rations box each day. Well any way, Dh says that the "target emblem" was green, and there were 10 cigarettes in each pack. He explained that the pack was normally carried in the netting on the helmet. So therefore they didn't want a big ol red target there of all places. Does anyone have memories of military life to share? Stuff that a lot of us just do not know, but has meaning? It fits "Im so Old I REMEMBER".

Looking forward to the replies.

Lucky Strike cigarette packs used to be green for the civilians prior to World War II, during the war the civilian packs were changed to white with the red circle in the middle and the military ones were green, it was said that Lucky Strike Green went to war and that's why the military ones were green.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Lucky Strike cigarette packs used to be green for the civilians prior to World War II, during the war the civilian packs were changed to white with the red circle in the middle and the military ones were green, it was said that Lucky Strike Green went to war and that's why the military ones were green.
Ahhh Thank You Ptsum, DH did mention the slogan (but I forgot that part) But he didn't mention that there were actually the 2 sets of packageing. THANK YOU

Old 09-22-2008, 12:04 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by square peg View Post
That would be it!

How about the make, model and serial #?

( just kidding )
Cessna 310-B SN4372118

Old 09-22-2008, 01:33 PM

6 posts, read 8,887 times
Default I'm not old so I don't remember when

we took the covered wagon down to the trading post for rabbit pelts. no seriously you people are really old though.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScientistDub View Post
we took the covered wagon down to the trading post for rabbit pelts. no seriously you people are really old though.
LOL if there are going to be some young ones around then I guess there has to be some old ones as well.
Nice to meet you ScientistDub...I was young once

Old 09-22-2008, 06:57 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,937,018 times
Yeah, this is where we once-young historical figures (aka geezers) have been doing a bit of reminiscing. How ya doin, SD? Welcome to City Data and all that! Just think - someday you could be be just like us!

Nitram - you're right about the Cessna 310-B. Looks just like a Beechcraft to me. You're pulling my leg about that SN.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:02 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by square peg View Post
Nitram - you're right about the Cessna 310-B. Looks just like a Beechcraft to me. You're pulling my leg about that SN.
Ahhh, would I do that to a good friend...you know you can find anything about anything on 'google'...hope you enjoyed the leg pull

Old 09-23-2008, 12:56 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Speaking of cigarettes, I can remember when you could smoke the grocery store and they had an ashtray bin at the end of each isle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics