Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2019, 03:23 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,373,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Thanks MM, it's embarrassing to have your hair (mine is shoulder length so it's long hairs falling out) all over the place - clothing, car, furniture - I shed worse than the cat! Btw, bjh told me that Rogaine is dangerous to cats so that's out of the question. There is something advertised on tv called "Keranique' but I imagine it's not any better than what I'm using now.

Appreciate the info, if I go bald I guess there's always wigs.
Yep. Rogaine is very toxic to cats. They lack an enzyme that lets most species metabolize out a substance in it. Here's a link on City-Data, the first post has an article with a photo some might find disturbing so I didn't link to it directly. http://www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...aine-cats.html

Despite a couple posts dissing the idea (some people just have to be contrary) if you Google cats and Rogaine you will see it is all over the net including veterinary hospital websites that Rogaine is highly dangerous to cats. Some cats sleep on their humans' pillows where naturally some Rogaine may remain on the pillow case and get on kitties who then groom themselves, some cats might lick it off their humans' hands after the humans handle the stuff, etc. To me it just wouldn't be worth it to have anything in the house that could kill a pet. Protect your cat friends and let those humans who might use Rogaine know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2019, 10:25 PM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
I don't use it, but I wouldn't want to hurt the kitty.

Old 11-19-2019, 03:11 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,872,345 times
Long story short – we found out today that our doctor’s office & clinic will be closing for good at the end of the year. We’ll have to look for a new physician. I hate to think of getting a different primary care physician

Old 11-20-2019, 03:50 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,023,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I know what you mean, heavy bass which is always VERY annoying, especially when I'm at a traffic light and somebody has to have their audio system cranked very loud and force everyone else within a 100-yard radius around them to hear.
Edmonton, Alberta is the first big city to install Noise Radar stations around the city, similar to Speed Radar. If you pass thru one of these stations with a loud stereo or muffler, you get a ticket in the mail.

I'm with Noisefree.org and they give me updates on what's being done with these so-called Noise Terrorists, those terrorizing neighborhoods with loud stereo's. They're cracking down on them all across the country. In Oregon, it's a $1500 fine for playing a loud stereo in your car, and in some jurisdictions, the fines have reached $2500 and in some parts of the Deep South you can even end up in Jail for 30 days and confiscation of your stereo equipment.

They're amazingly easy to get out of your neighborhood with a little derring do, done at night, and providing they don't park their vehicles in the garage, and no permanent damage to the vehicle.

Old 11-20-2019, 03:53 AM

My bike tire went flat on me and to change a bike tire!!! I would rather change 6 car tires than go through changing a flat tire on my bike! A surprisingly, annoyingly complex project. Finally wrestled with putting the tube inside the tire and getting it onto the bike, and then? I couldn't get the chain connected!

Old 11-20-2019, 12:19 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,925,477 times
I received my online order and it was all wrong - going by the description of items - so I had to return everything. Oh well, at least I got my full refund without a hassle.

Old 11-21-2019, 12:06 PM

19,499 posts, read 9,525,458 times
Back to full coverage of the Impeachment Hearings [on practically every channel], I see

Old 11-21-2019, 06:53 PM

1,045 posts, read 758,228 times
I'm tired of hearing about politics, especially from conservatives. They complain more than any other group, on social media and everywhere else. I live with one so I know from experience. I wish politics would simply go away forever.

Old 11-21-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Back to full coverage of the Impeachment Hearings [on practically every channel], I see
I actually think my health has improved since I stopped watching Television a number of years ago. And there may be a 12-step program for those addicted to watching television and televised news. Haven't watched one debate so far and not subscribing to newspapers, tell me what I missed, as in my religion, all arguments are juvenile.

My viewing is confined to watching DVD's. Just about 90 of them at Zia's and I watch a couple a day, and my crossword puzzles can eat up a good part of the day.

Yes, I do subscribe to some magazines. The Economist magazine largely gives recaps, and that's good enough for me. Having traveled all over the world, I want to know what's going on in a number of other countries in the world.

Old 11-21-2019, 07:37 PM

It was just one of those nights. My niece and cousin both had some posts praising their Godly hero in Washington and I just snapped. I took them both off Facebook! Now I'm down to 22 Friends on Facebook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics