Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2011, 06:58 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,567,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I repeat - that stinks. The article stated they must be killed humanely. Does poisoning count as humane??
No but customers reported it but nothing was done.

I can't beleive this, it stinks real bad

Old 05-06-2011, 07:23 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,342,800 times
I have noticed something that really bothers me... I stop posting on a particular forum along time ago because of it. There is a certain poster that I won't name who is a fixture there and whose values clash with the posters who post there... I just think it is so ironic... And it certainly takes away from the pleasure of posting for me personally. It should not bother me but it does. It totally rubs me the wrong way. Now I avoid that poster like the plague, so it's really no big deal, but it what I can think of to complain about. I know my complaint is cryptic, but that is so I don't offend anyone and I protect the innocent

Old 05-06-2011, 09:23 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,738,699 times
I get what you're saying SQ....some of the posters have me rubbing my head, thinking, "Why are you even HERE? Have you simply run out of people to talk to IRL? Your way of thinking simply causes REAL people to hide when they see you coming, so you have to come to these public forums to irritate the crap out of people?"

I hope you're having a fabulous day SQ! (((hugs))) for you!

Old 05-06-2011, 10:46 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,438,797 times
Another thing I find dumb and stupid about people is how some no doubt jealous, bored, unfulfilled older people often think that because of technology, money, supermarkets, etc..... that young people "have it easier" and all that blahardy blah..

What a bunch o crap. Material possessions etc.. has nothing to do with how easy or hard one's life is. Some dumb old bat once made a snarky comment to me (when I was talking about computers) "oh you youths have it all buttered".

I'm thinking "What?" How in the hell does my access to technology or whatever make my LIFE achievements any easier? I still worked myself to get to university, to get a degree, still worked hard to get a good one at that! Old people have always thought the "younger generation" has it "too easy" and such BS. Throughout the centuries they have. The standard of living may be higher, but that's not a "fault" and it doesn't make the best things in life any easier to achieve either. Like happiness, success, friendships/relationships and all that jazz.

It's just a sad fact that most people are so damn unachieved in life themselves that as they get older they grow jealous of younger people and feel the need to sound off about the "REAL" challenges they apparently faced, and the "REAL" problems they had, AND IT'S FLAMING BORING!!!

SO, SHUT UP YOU BORING WRINKLED SACKS OF BILE!

Old 05-06-2011, 10:57 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,055,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Your parents must be so proud.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:02 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,738,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Your parents must be so proud.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:49 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,920,491 times
Lightbulb lol

All one needs is a little perspective on life to understand and comprehend it, it appears that some who walk around have failed to learn as much as they think they know. Knowledge is a wonderful thing, however we have to live life to know what it’s all about. Now where did I leave that remote control and which button do I have to push again?

Oh,,,, there it is “under the potholder” lol

Old 05-06-2011, 12:02 PM

16,909 posts, read 16,158,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Another thing I find dumb and stupid about people is how some no doubt jealous, bored, unfulfilled older people often think that because of technology, money, supermarkets, etc..... that young people "have it easier" and all that blahardy blah..

What a bunch o crap. Material possessions etc.. has nothing to do with how easy or hard one's life is. Some dumb old bat once made a snarky comment to me (when I was talking about computers) "oh you youths have it all buttered".

I'm thinking "What?" How in the hell does my access to technology or whatever make my LIFE achievements any easier? I still worked myself to get to university, to get a degree, still worked hard to get a good one at that! Old people have always thought the "younger generation" has it "too easy" and such BS. Throughout the centuries they have. The standard of living may be higher, but that's not a "fault" and it doesn't make the best things in life any easier to achieve either. Like happiness, success, friendships/relationships and all that jazz.

It's just a sad fact that most people are so damn unachieved in life themselves that as they get older they grow jealous of younger people and feel the need to sound off about the "REAL" challenges they apparently faced, and the "REAL" problems they had, AND IT'S FLAMING BORING!!!

Well, to be honest, I can see your point, Weatherfan, but just to be fair, the older people are also correct when they say that they had it harder than today's younger people do. There's truth to both sides of it. Regardless, older people deserve respect...well, most of them.
I don't see the struggles of today's generation as being any tougher than those of yore.
Just imagine spending hours working up a sweat doing laundry without any machine.
There are tough times no matter when you were living.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:28 PM

987 posts, read 1,748,647 times
Helllooo Fellow stressed venters, heres my gripe for the day
this is so silly, but I have to get it off my chest, went to a donut shop this morning by my job, it also happens to be in a large metro area, across from USC Hospital & the LA Coroners, so needless to say tons of ppl in and out. I was waiting in line patiently to get my cappuccino & once in awhile a maple bar (today was the day), when this little rude thing (about my daughters age, might I had w/low self-esteem, since she donned tight skin painted pants, heels, tube top & overly makeup) - (I slap my own kid silly if she dare tries wear that), starts backing up, w/out saying excuse me, pushing people out of her way, and whipping her hair back & forth (oh god I just said that, ewww), while she was telling the order taker what donuts she wanted, (even pushed an elderly out of the way). Finally she was done & I guess had already paid, so rather than go around everyone, that was near the counter trying to figure out what they wanted, she pushed her box through, yelling "Excuz me, excuzz me"..., I didn't move out of the way for her and she swiped me w/her donut box & gave me a dirty look, as she went by I just laughed and heard a whispered "bit*h" and I turned around and said, God Bless you......dear

I tell you, the younger generation, if we allow it, is going down fast.....

Old 05-06-2011, 01:54 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,283,117 times
Aks....hang onto that potholder, dear man...it'll keep you out of trouble.

Why do I suddenly and inexplicably feel the need to defend myself for having survived over 5 decades in this world? And why do I not understand why a light hearted thread about venting and relieving individuals' daily stresses has turned into an attack on an entire generation (or two or three)?

Please don't negate an entire group of people because you're having an issue with one or two of that group. The rest of us may not deserve that.

As Charley said, "Your parents must be so proud." Oh, wait...weren't they of our generation??? Don't you owe them some thanks for having raised you?? And as for my shutting up....forget it. I've worked too hard and learned way too much in this lifetime to be insulted and treated in such a manner.

I'm middle-aged (probably old in some folks' eyes) and proud of it. I've earned every bit of silver on this head of mine and enjoyed every minute doing it. I'll not allow anyone to deprive me of that.

Old farts unite!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics