Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2010, 01:45 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,342,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
WHY do some people call you ONLY when they want something! My aunt left a message on my phone yesterday to call her. Now, I have not spoken to her since June 09! The only time I ever hear from her is when she wants something. This time.....I erased the voice mail and kept on going. I have no intentions of hearing some sob story and I am done being used!!
I totally feel u. I have several aunts and their parents reared me so they are technically my aunts and I am a younger sister. Since I am the youngest I am always the one to run the errands and to do the busy work. I am used and used often, but what do u do? They r family. Sometimes I want to say to them remember when I was little and u treated me poorly U have to be careful how u treat people cause u never know who u r going to need

Old 04-21-2010, 01:49 PM

3,464 posts, read 1,899,469 times
some ppl just don't get it do they......

Old 04-21-2010, 03:58 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,920,491 times
Red face unhealthy foods & costs

Please let me apologize to anyone who takes what I’m saying incorrectly, I surely don’t mean any disrespect.

I was out for lunch. I wanted to try a new hamburger place that opened recently in the area so I went by myself to check it out. Well things were somewhat ok, but nothing special. They had basically hamburgers and fries, also had lots of open boxes of peanuts for people to take and enjoy.

I walked up and placed my order for a hamburger and small fries plus a drink, walked over and found a table that was opened and on the way got some peanuts to enjoy while they cooked the burger. The place was noisy, too noisy and the music was very loud so people couldn’t talk to each other unless they shouted only to make matters worse. Soon they called my number letting me know the order was ready to be picked up at the counter.

I enjoyed the burger, but it wasn’t anything special, the french fries were better then most. They were larger sized potatoes and cooked pretty good. Again the burger wasn’t much to talk about.

I got to thinking though as to why I paid just under $10 for this and checked the receipt for prices. Five bucks for a burger that wasn’t worth ½ that price, two fifty for an ice tea, and another two fifty for the fries. Thinking about this they did give me lots and lots of fries that I couldn’t begin to eat, in fact I only ate 1/3 of them, so I overpaid for the fries. But they have to make money somewhere to cover the cost of the peanuts that they were giving away. Yet I didn’t really want or need peanuts.

So who needs to eat all this food and why should I even be given that much went all I wanted was a little hamburger and a few fries. Well I started looking at everyone who was there, employees working and customers all seemed to be overweight. I’d have to say 3 out of 4 were heavier then they needed to be and some were grossly overweight. I’m over by 10~15 lbs and I don’t like it. However here I sit eating all this food because I paid $10 bucks for it.

If I don’t want to gain anymore weight and look more like the 3 out of 4 other customers, I need to stay away from places that give me THAT much food. I started to think back about other places that I enjoyed eating out at, and it seemed that if I chose to eat “good” food the other customers were well within their weight limits and they looked “healthy”. If I chose to eat at places like the hamburger & french-fries people generally looked as if they shouldn’t be there. It’s unhealthy to eat too often at some of these places. So I’m thinking I should look at other customers in the restaurant first in order to know if I should be there or not.

Healthy places have healthy looking customers, and bad places to eat have unhealthy looking customers. I simply want to save money and pay for what I need to eat not what they want to serve me.

next lunch will be with a salad and a piece of chicken or fish.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:11 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,174,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Please let me apologize to anyone who takes what I’m saying incorrectly, I surely don’t mean any disrespect.

I was out for lunch. I wanted to try a new hamburger place that opened recently in the area so I went by myself to check it out. Well things were somewhat ok, but nothing special. They had basically hamburgers and fries, also had lots of open boxes of peanuts for people to take and enjoy.

I walked up and placed my order for a hamburger and small fries plus a drink, walked over and found a table that was opened and on the way got some peanuts to enjoy while they cooked the burger. The place was noisy, too noisy and the music was very loud so people couldn’t talk to each other unless they shouted only to make matters worse. Soon they called my number letting me know the order was ready to be picked up at the counter.

I enjoyed the burger, but it wasn’t anything special, the french fries were better then most. They were larger sized potatoes and cooked pretty good. Again the burger wasn’t much to talk about.

I got to thinking though as to why I paid just under $10 for this and checked the receipt for prices. Five bucks for a burger that wasn’t worth ½ that price, two fifty for an ice tea, and another two fifty for the fries. Thinking about this they did give me lots and lots of fries that I couldn’t begin to eat, in fact I only ate 1/3 of them, so I overpaid for the fries. But they have to make money somewhere to cover the cost of the peanuts that they were giving away. Yet I didn’t really want or need peanuts.

So who needs to eat all this food and why should I even be given that much went all I wanted was a little hamburger and a few fries. Well I started looking at everyone who was there, employees working and customers all seemed to be overweight. I’d have to say 3 out of 4 were heavier then they needed to be and some were grossly overweight. I’m over by 10~15 lbs and I don’t like it. However here I sit eating all this food because I paid $10 bucks for it.

If I don’t want to gain anymore weight and look more like the 3 out of 4 other customers, I need to stay away from places that give me THAT much food. I started to think back about other places that I enjoyed eating out at, and it seemed that if I chose to eat “good” food the other customers were well within their weight limits and they looked “healthy”. If I chose to eat at places like the hamburger & french-fries people generally looked as if they shouldn’t be there. It’s unhealthy to eat too often at some of these places. So I’m thinking I should look at other customers in the restaurant first in order to know if I should be there or not.

Healthy places have healthy looking customers, and bad places to eat have unhealthy looking customers. I simply want to save money and pay for what I need to eat not what they want to serve me.

And I agree with you! You're absolutely right. It's almost the same as walking into a upscale neighorhood vs one that isn't. Cars, attire, lawns, you can tell the difference!

Old 04-21-2010, 04:31 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,023,624 times
People who take things WAY too seriously and people on power trips should really get a life offline.

What a horrible existence.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:08 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,033,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

Couldn't rep you (apparently I do that too often) but you are absolutely right. And we wonder why Americans are so overweight. How many sat there and ate every one of those fries - hungry or not.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:03 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,795,002 times
Default Crazy Logic

I was told today that I most likely haven't been hired by anyone yet because they're afraid I'll quit, to go back to my career, as soon as the economy kicks back. What kinda crap is that? (rhetorical) So I have this great resume' that this place helped me create that right now is doing virtually nothing to help me. What a crazy world we live in. I wonder how many people on assistance, by no fault of their own, could be working. It's really a sad day when someone is a "may return to career" risk.

Oh well. I have a good prospect at a marina here in town. With only 8 months of marina experience (and a Straddle-Lift certificate) I'll hopefully be working by May 1st. Wish me luck, please!

P.S. I try and stay away from the "fats food" places. I'm 10-15 over already. My woman says she likes it though.

Last edited by shroombeanie; 04-21-2010 at 07:06 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 04-21-2010, 10:11 PM

3,464 posts, read 1,899,469 times
ever notice that some ppl on here take things too seriously......like_________???

Old 04-23-2010, 07:16 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,430,297 times
Inconsiderate and rude people. I will try to get to the point with this rant.

DH and I are selling lots of stuff through Craigslist and our local papers. The one thing that is getting the most calls and giving us the most grief is our larger wind generator. This item is not cheap and we have people calling who know nothing about wind and solar. They do no research before calling and then my DH has to give them a half hour lesson. What ever happened to calling for an item, ask simple questions, and then pick it up? Why would you call about something if you have no idea what it does?

Soo......we had a man show up yesterday. He starts off by saying he is a Christian blah, blah, blah. If you have to announce that...that's when I know it's going down hill from there. He spent 2 hours with my DH with no intention of buying. He said is wife was an expert on solar..so I have no idea why she didn't come... maybe because it was a lie Anyway, while my DH and this man were talking the man's phone rings. He apologizes and asks if he can take it. Points for that. It's a call that he has to call his wife about it...ok. Then he calls his wife while my DH is standing there...in our yard.....and proceeds to stay on the phone with her for 15 minutes That is just plain rude and inconsiderate.

My DH was basically stuck with this loser and wasting his time. How do you get rid of people like this?

On top of that he drove a truck and his 16 foot trailer up to the top of our house. There isn't enough room for him to turn around so he has to run over our curbs and drive on our lawn.

My DH followed him out so he could lock our gate. The guy gets down in front of our gate and stops his truck and trailer and starts to make a phone call....while he is on our land. He saw my DH behind him and finally went through our gate.

GRRRRR!!!!!!!! Idiots.

Did I tell you about the drunk, he was wasted, man who called about the wind generator and stayed on the phone for half a hour?

Old 04-23-2010, 07:20 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,568,819 times
I'm discovering that everything and everyone can bother me, if I have expectations, so I am working to stop expecting. Seems like if I start ranting about anything, I just get wound up, and go nowhere. It's like spinning my tires in wet mud -- lots of fuel wasted and for what?

Bottom line, no one cares what fires us up, except us, and the more we focus on the negatives of life, the more negatives we see.

I started a new mantra: "So what, no big deal." It seems to be working, so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics