Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2010, 08:52 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,314,456 times

Advertisements

That's what I use, rrtechno.

I have to tell you, I don't think I was meant to make that cheesecake for the bake sale today.

First, I went to get out the ingredients, realized I'd thrown out the sour cream yesterday. However, I found a "substitute" in a cooking ingredients book we have, so I put 2 tsp. of lemon juice in 2/3 cup of whipping cream and let it sit for about 1/2 an hour. It didn't get very thick, but beggars can't be choosers. (I have no car while DH is up north.) So everything is gathered. I measure the graham crackers to make the crust. One of Karla's fairies must have been feeling feisty, because I had 1.5 cups and I needed 2.5 cups. So... now I REALLY need to go to Publix for the goodies. I figure I'll go and weed until I see my neighbor Tom open up his garage, then I'll ask to borrow the car. I just got out there and pulled a few weeds when Lory comes out of her house to let her doggy do her early a.m. business. Go ask her if she has graham cracker crumbs. She didn't, but she let me borrow her car. So I go get the stuff. Get back home, start the cheesecake again. Get the crust in the oven, start to mix up the filling. That's when I realize I didn't put any sugar in the crust! I figure it's only 1/4 cup, they'll never notice. So I leave it. I keep making the filling and, after I get the canned pumpkin in the mixer with the other stuff, I go to put the can in the sink. Karla's Mean Fairy comes back, slaps my hand, the can goes flying into the sink, hits it and there's pumpkin all over the place. Now, I go over to the liquor cabinet, and think about pouring myself a good stiff one before I go outside and find someone to hurt. I don't do either. C'cake is now in the oven, it's all baked, but I have to leave it in the hot oven for an hour. At least it smells good.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:07 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,382,179 times
Finding out that another big bash for one of their many children is being thrown by a person, who yet again has failed to pay their bills and left it up to us honest folks to foot the bill in the long run!

Old 04-16-2010, 03:28 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,284,386 times
For Everyone having one of those days...

Old 04-16-2010, 04:02 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,194,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
That's what I use, rrtechno.

I have to tell you, I don't think I was meant to make that cheesecake for the bake sale today.

First, I went to get out the ingredients, realized I'd thrown out the sour cream yesterday. However, I found a "substitute" in a cooking ingredients book we have, so I put 2 tsp. of lemon juice in 2/3 cup of whipping cream and let it sit for about 1/2 an hour. It didn't get very thick, but beggars can't be choosers. (I have no car while DH is up north.) So everything is gathered. I measure the graham crackers to make the crust. One of Karla's fairies must have been feeling feisty, because I had 1.5 cups and I needed 2.5 cups. So... now I REALLY need to go to Publix for the goodies. I figure I'll go and weed until I see my neighbor Tom open up his garage, then I'll ask to borrow the car. I just got out there and pulled a few weeds when Lory comes out of her house to let her doggy do her early a.m. business. Go ask her if she has graham cracker crumbs. She didn't, but she let me borrow her car. So I go get the stuff. Get back home, start the cheesecake again. Get the crust in the oven, start to mix up the filling. That's when I realize I didn't put any sugar in the crust! I figure it's only 1/4 cup, they'll never notice. So I leave it. I keep making the filling and, after I get the canned pumpkin in the mixer with the other stuff, I go to put the can in the sink. Karla's Mean Fairy comes back, slaps my hand, the can goes flying into the sink, hits it and there's pumpkin all over the place. Now, I go over to the liquor cabinet, and think about pouring myself a good stiff one before I go outside and find someone to hurt. I don't do either. C'cake is now in the oven, it's all baked, but I have to leave it in the hot oven for an hour. At least it smells good.
Well, it's a few hours later now. Need status update. Did you pull it off? Did anybody eat it?

Old 04-16-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Well, it's a few hours later now. Need status update. Did you pull it off? Did anybody eat it?
I'd have been on that thing with a fork before that hour in the oven was over.

Old 04-16-2010, 04:45 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,314,456 times
LOL...you guys are great. I can always count on CD to lift my spirits.

Well, my recipe is one that you make today and eat tomorrow. It has gone thru the baking process, the resting in the hot oven process and the cooling down on the counter process. It's currently in the fridge process. I've discovered that the sugar not only sweetens the crust but reacts as a glue as well. When I took it out of the pan, the crust kind of disintegrated into a bit of powder. Not all of the crust, just about 10% of it. SInce it's for a bake sale, I can't really taste it. I looks and smells awfully good, tho. I wonder if they'd miss just a little slice......

Old 04-16-2010, 05:12 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,987,165 times
^^ I'll give you a bid of $30 sight unseen for the cake let me know and I'll give you the address for shipping!

Old 04-16-2010, 05:34 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,056,654 times
Cold hearted people that lack any kind of compassion. So lacking~~~~~~

Old 04-16-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^ I'll give you a bid of $30 sight unseen for the cake let me know and I'll give you the address for shipping!
I smell an ebay sale coming on...

Old 04-16-2010, 05:51 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,194,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
LOL...you guys are great. I can always count on CD to lift my spirits.

Well, my recipe is one that you make today and eat tomorrow. It has gone thru the baking process, the resting in the hot oven process and the cooling down on the counter process. It's currently in the fridge process. I've discovered that the sugar not only sweetens the crust but reacts as a glue as well. When I took it out of the pan, the crust kind of disintegrated into a bit of powder. Not all of the crust, just about 10% of it. SInce it's for a bake sale, I can't really taste it. I looks and smells awfully good, tho. I wonder if they'd miss just a little slice......
Pull it from the bottom and nobody will notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics