Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2010, 07:27 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,493,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
I'm discovering that everything and everyone can bother me, if I have expectations, so I am working to stop expecting. Seems like if I start ranting about anything, I just get wound up, and go nowhere. It's like spinning my tires in wet mud -- lots of fuel wasted and for what?

Bottom line, no one cares what fires us up, except us, and the more we focus on the negatives of life, the more negatives we see.

I started a new mantra: "So what, no big deal." It seems to be working, so far.

Good for you I can usually do that until people intrude and waste my time which thankfully doesn't happen too often.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:40 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,284,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
I'm discovering that everything and everyone can bother me, if I have expectations, so I am working to stop expecting. Seems like if I start ranting about anything, I just get wound up, and go nowhere. It's like spinning my tires in wet mud -- lots of fuel wasted and for what?

Bottom line, no one cares what fires us up, except us, and the more we focus on the negatives of life, the more negatives we see.

I started a new mantra: "So what, no big deal." It seems to be working, so far.
This is exactly how I got my motto: "Oh, Why Not! WHY THE HELL NOT!"

Old 04-23-2010, 08:42 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,056,654 times
ylisa - You are both too patient & too kind!!!!

At some point you have to just tell people you have limited time - MOVE IT!

Old 04-23-2010, 08:54 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,314,456 times
I would suggest, when someone is rude enough to do something like that, after a "reasonable" amount of time (to be determined by the person being ruded upon), just walk away. Apparently, they'd rather talk to the person on the phone. So poop on 'em!

Now, the drunk guy...you say, "Oh, I'm sorry, but someone just came to the door. GOtta go!"

Old 04-24-2010, 10:40 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,987,165 times
Default sadness in the loss of a friend

I found out the other day that an acquaintance and dear friend had taken his own life. He left behind a wife and three girls. This was a man who you couldn’t help but like, he was everything a person should be. I’d always admired his efforts in life to better himself and the help he gave to others. I remember the day he told me some of his life’s story of moving to this state and working at the age of 14 with no other family members he worked hard to earn enough money to get his own place, go to school and learned basic high school studies, then on to DeVry for electronics. He received enough education to get a high paying job with responsibilities at Intel and worked there for years, only to find that he wanted to do something else. He opened his own car repair shop in town and employed several others to help with the business. He was always kind to others and gave away more service because the people he helped couldn’t afford the actual costs of the repair work. Many will miss him, he was the most peaceful, kind and generous man I’d ever met. I wish I could have enjoyed spending more time with him.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:56 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,056,654 times
Aks - How sad - do you have any idea what caused him to do this? Many people are able to put on a happy face when they're really in crisis. So sad for him and his family.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:21 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,902,267 times
Aks so very sad and no closure for the beloved family. So sorry.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:48 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,314,456 times
Aks, please accept my condolences.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:16 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,987,165 times
Default Rodolfo, a good spiritual soul we all could have learned from.

^^ Thank you all for the kind thoughts. It appears to be a problem that no one has an answer for yet, perhaps in time more will come out. I can only imagine that stress was a big factor and it may have been too much for him to handle although he didn’t show signs of it. When a person becomes mentally or emotionally stressed they are no longer thinking clearly and can cross the line of logic.

I always admired him for his suffering when he left his family at such a young age in search for a better life and the hardship he endured in his personal life and struggles. He lived a Christ like existence in spirit and his actions of helping others daily. An example was yesterday when I visited the repair shop, there was a very old van parked in the lot with two homeless people who needed a place to stay while they got on their feet. Rodolfo was kind enough to allow them to remain on the property and park the van there, although it was not desirable for customers to come and view this van and the two people who lived in it, many may have left because of the appearance alone. I can’t tell you how many acts of kindness I’ve seen him do for others. Simply unbelievable love for another human being everyday of his life!

( And this takes me into another story of today that I’ll bring up later, I just don’t want to talk about it right now. )

Old 04-24-2010, 11:34 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,370,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^ Thank you all for the kind thoughts. It appears to be a problem that no one has an answer for yet, perhaps in time more will come out. I can only imagine that stress was a big factor and it may have been too much for him to handle although he didn’t show signs of it. When a person becomes mentally or emotionally stressed they are no longer thinking clearly and can cross the line of logic.

I always admired him for his suffering when he left his family at such a young age in search for a better life and the hardship he endured in his personal life and struggles. He lived a Christ like existence in spirit and his actions of helping others daily. An example was yesterday when I visited the repair shop, there was a very old van parked in the lot with two homeless people who needed a place to stay while they got on their feet. Rodolfo was kind enough to allow them to remain on the property and park the van there, although it was not desirable for customers to come and view this van and the two people who lived in it, many may have left because of the appearance alone. I can’t tell you how many acts of kindness I’ve seen him do for others. Simply unbelievable love for another human being everyday of his life!

( And this takes me into another story of today that I’ll bring up later, I just don’t want to talk about it right now. )
Wow, u never know... and that sucks. U never know the whole of what is going on the heart of a person and u always wonder if there was something u could have done to make a difference. I am deeply sadden to hear this story
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics