Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2010, 11:08 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,949,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Ok,,, it’s one of those days when the one neighbor knocks at the door and you gotta answer it only to find that he has a cards in his hand that he’s passing out to everyone and says that he is inviting Mrs & me to their anniversary party/dinner on Friday.

I don’t want to go, Mrs doesn’t want to go and they live across the street and a couple of houses down the block. We haven’t been much for being “close” neighbors or friends with them but we’ve known them for a long time here. Knowing them is part of the reason we don’t want to go to their anniversary party or anything else for that matter.

I hate being put in this position and saying “no” we’re not coming to the party but we don’t want to socialize with them and haven’t done so the last five years or so. How do I get out of going?
Problem solved I simply called her congratulated them on their anniversary and told her that we had other plans for Friday night that couldn’t be changed on such short notice. Sorry I can’t talk more but I’ve got someone who just rang the doorbell and I need to go, and hung up on her. The lady is nuts and I don’t want to encourage another friendship again with that family. I thought it was over years ago when a similar problem had come up and I had a talk with her husband at the time. guess maybe she/they forgot

Old 04-20-2010, 04:39 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,043,833 times
Good work Every neighborhood has at least one.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:47 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,297,764 times
You're right, MN2CO. And when one moves out, they arrange to have another one move in!

I just got news from a dear friend about a medical issue. I feel so helpless.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:05 AM

Default from one to another,,,,,, ugh

Not going into lots of detail, we’ve lived here 30 years and the first 20 they were friendly; then we she became too much to deal with and I talked with her husband – told him that she needed counseling or physical help. We kept our distance and avoided them for years now. The last thing I want to do is restart something that was over with them.

New issue: Now I’ve got to deal with another problem with the financial adviser and get that straightened out. This is another one of those things that has been developing for over a year now, and it appears to be a communication issue, she doesn’t listen and answer questions.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:07 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,297,764 times
It's your $$$...she needs to listen to you. Best of luck, Aks.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:46 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,043,833 times
Quote:
New issue: Now I’ve got to deal with another problem with the financial adviser and get that straightened out. This is another one of those things that has been developing for over a year now, and it appears to be a communication issue, she doesn’t listen and answer questions.
I had the same problem - since he wouldn't listen (translation: he was doing what was best for him and not me), I fired his greedy arse. I have saved a bundle over the last year since I'm not giving him money to do a bad job. I shocked the ole boy - I contacted the broker (Schwab) and delinked the advisor before I ever spoke to him - imagine his surprise when he checked on-line while he was talking to me and discovered the deed was done - I wasn't talking anymore. One more agrevation over with.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:20 PM

A fellow that I have known for a while called this afternoon and asked if I could do him a favor and pick him up at the car repair shop go have coffee and return after the work was completed, should only take an hour or two. Well of course I’m happy to help out anyone, but while spending the next two hours with him, all he did was talk and monopolize the conversation the entire time. I thought several of my subjects were worth a little more then a yes or no and move on.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:07 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,355,572 times
Quote:
A fellow that I have known for a while called this afternoon and asked if I could do him a favor and pick him up at the car repair shop go have coffee and return after the work was completed, should only take an hour or two. Well of course I’m happy to help out anyone, but while spending the next two hours with him, all he did was talk and monopolize the conversation the entire time. I thought several of my subjects were worth a little more then a yes or no and move on.
I know exactly what u mean. There has to be balance even in conversation. Here u r spending your time and ur friend doesn't value u enough to listen. Selfish...

Old 04-21-2010, 08:12 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,356,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
You're right, MN2CO. And when one moves out, they arrange to have another one move in!

I just got news from a dear friend about a medical issue. I feel so helpless.
Sorry about your friend!! In this case, actually being there to listen and let them vent freely when they feel anxious and aggravated is usually the best thing you can do for them. I had a friend who went through a mastectomy last year. Most of the time, she just wanted someone to listen to her so she felt like she could get her frustrations out.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:59 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,341,105 times
WHY do some people call you ONLY when they want something! My aunt left a message on my phone yesterday to call her. Now, I have not spoken to her since June 09! The only time I ever hear from her is when she wants something. This time.....I erased the voice mail and kept on going. I have no intentions of hearing some sob story and I am done being used!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics