Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2010, 01:17 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,577,985 times

Advertisements

Not so much of a vent as a disappointment of not having made a decision a few years ago to move to an area with less snow and cold for my DH's health. Hey, and mine also, now that I think of it. Planning, planning....makes a big difference. Tomorrow does NOT take care of itself as my DH used to like to say. You have to do something. Ok, enough. I now have a list of pros and cons for future.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:23 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Hindsight-I would never have moved here sofar from my kids and grands. It seemed like a good idea at the time-but I do have to say maybe it was a blessing as medical care here is wonderful and Mr. L has used it.

Stress??? I reached my stress level for sure yesterday. Paper's delivered here early, I checked 5x no paper yet. Mr. L gets up at 7:15, pours his coffee and I hear the door to garage open and close-and go flying after him. There is garage door up, me yelling nooooo don't and there he flies into the air and flat on his back sliding about 8 feet down.

There I am screaming for help. Blessed neighbor and her kids come running and we use blankets to pull him in the garage and 10 min to get him to his feet.

Call 911, 5 EMT's stabilized him and off to ER. Our surgeon met us, ordered CT and xrays. He has 6 broken ribs and is again a guest of the hospital. Doc said he is a mess.

Doctor said last night he will be there a few days!

Can we all say "STUBBORN"????????????

Old 02-16-2010, 06:47 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,728,378 times
OMG Lacey!!!!! Aw for cryin out loud.....when it rains it pours!!! I am so sorry!! Oh man, your hubby has just been through the ringer!!....YOU too!! ((((((((Lacey))))))))

Old 02-16-2010, 06:58 AM

Okay...here's my vent for the day. I almost feel like it's NOTHING after reading Lacey's post though. Okay, so we've been just killing ourselves (mainly me, hubby, and dd), trying to get the kitchen done. The two boys at home have complained a bit because they're having to keep and eye on GS to keep him out of our hair...but ANYWAY. We've gotten down to where we're jsut doing the finiishing touches on the kitchan and trying to get the rest of the house uncluttered by putting away the totes and boxes of stuff that belong in the kitchen.....feeling like PHEW...we're almost to where we can take a wee bit of a break.

Our 20 yo son cusses and comes rushing into the kitchen day before yesterday. He had flushed the toilet then reached over to put the lid down and his cell phone fell out of his shirt pocket and into the toilet. Oh yeah.....got sucked down into the "u" portion.....no grabbing it with his hand. Daddy had to instruct him on how to remove the toilet. He took apart the shop vac, remove the dry filter, and finished sucking the water from the toilet. He then proceeds to dump the filthy, greasy, nasty water in our ancient, etched porcelain bathtub! Not only did we go without a second toilet until yesterday, but he threw a fit when I told him to get the Barkeepers Friend and scrub the bathtub out.

He actually thought I was being unreasonable. Well...too bad, so sad. Son learned a very important lesson.....we do NOT dump nasty water in the bathtub...and MOTHER is NOT going to clean up after you. His dad coached him through the toilet installation process...(and picked him up a new cell phone grrrr..thank goodness it was insured)...All is well now, except that the shop vac top is STILL in the large bathroom. Okay.....got that off my chest, I'm better now.....better get back to that kitchen.....still have drawer dividers to install and it looks like I'm going to have to go ahead and refinish and reinstall another of our upper cabinets. DGS decided he'd pull a glass bowl off of a lower shelf yesterday....need more high storage.....again.......GRRRR!

Old 02-16-2010, 09:26 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Beachmel, I dont blame you for being ticked..OMG I would have probably knocked my son to timbuktu...sound like something one of my boys would have done when they were still home..and why does stuff like that happen when everything else is falling apart..some days are that way..

My only vent right now is needing a dental implant AFTER going through a root canal yesterday, not enough bone or whatever left for a good crown fit so dentist recommends oral surgeon for implant..Gee could we not have figured that out BEFORE the root canal? GRRR

Old 02-16-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Beachmel, I dont blame you for being ticked..OMG I would have probably knocked my son to timbuktu...sound like something one of my boys would have done when they were still home..and why does stuff like that happen when everything else is falling apart..some days are that way..

My only vent right now is needing a dental implant AFTER going through a root canal yesterday, not enough bone or whatever left for a good crown fit so dentist recommends oral surgeon for implant..Gee could we not have figured that out BEFORE the root canal? GRRR
Exactly.....just one more thing! Well....like yours....first, root canal, THEN he decides you need to see an oral surgeon for the implant? Are you kidding?! Sorry....but that should qualify as a "free root canal". LOL

Old 02-16-2010, 10:13 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Exactly.....just one more thing! Well....like yours....first, root canal, THEN he decides you need to see an oral surgeon for the implant? Are you kidding?! Sorry....but that should qualify as a "free root canal". LOL
I would think so too, but i do think he thought he could crown it..we have been going to this dentist for a few years and I don't think he did it knowing it would not work..but who knows..all I know is I am out 118. could have been worse I guess..OLD TEEF.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:51 AM

3,969 posts, read 8,506,066 times
Prayers and good thoughts to you and yours, Lacey.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:40 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,021,347 times
Getting stressed out because there's not enough to get stressed out about.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:49 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,422,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hindsight-I would never have moved here sofar from my kids and grands. It seemed like a good idea at the time-but I do have to say maybe it was a blessing as medical care here is wonderful and Mr. L has used it.

Stress??? I reached my stress level for sure yesterday. Paper's delivered here early, I checked 5x no paper yet. Mr. L gets up at 7:15, pours his coffee and I hear the door to garage open and close-and go flying after him. There is garage door up, me yelling nooooo don't and there he flies into the air and flat on his back sliding about 8 feet down.

There I am screaming for help. Blessed neighbor and her kids come running and we use blankets to pull him in the garage and 10 min to get him to his feet.

Call 911, 5 EMT's stabilized him and off to ER. Our surgeon met us, ordered CT and xrays. He has 6 broken ribs and is again a guest of the hospital. Doc said he is a mess.

Doctor said last night he will be there a few days!

Can we all say "STUBBORN"????????????

Lacey, I am so sorry! You have really been through the wringer. Surely things will turn around at some point but I know it doesn't feel like they will right now. I am just picturing the accident. You must have been scared to death while you watched him slide. Bless your heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics