Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2011, 09:03 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times

Advertisements

Dear gentleman on the bus who's stinky armpit was inches from my delicate nose for that hour long bus ride,

Dial soap and Sure deodorant are wise investments!

Signed,

Your Concerned Fellow Passenger,
Chatteress

Old 10-21-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
Is there anyway they could have the contractor come out on a Saturday? When hubby and I were apartment managers we would schedule the work with the tenants if they worked during the week for Saturday as long as it wasn't too big of a job and we had all the parts.
I'll ask to see if that's possible but knowing my management company, they have no issues with asserting their authority to enter someone's unit whether they are home or not as long as they give notice.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:14 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,389,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Dear gentleman on the bus who's stinky armpit was inches from my delicate nose for that hour long bus ride,

Dial soap and Sure deodorant are wise investments!

Signed,

Your Concerned Fellow Passenger,
Chatteress
That would've made a good deodorant commercial.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:30 AM

I wake up really groggy this morning only to find my home phone isn't working. After calling Verizon, it is determined that I need a new phone jack (makes sense as this was is more than 11 years old). I'm frustrated as the earliest this can be resolved is Monday when my apartment manager can deal with it. I just pray that she doesn't tell me that it's my responsibility as this jack was there when I moved in. Being hearing impaired, I hate using my cell phone but at least I have one. *sigh* Guess the Chatteress can't chat on the phone for a few days.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:42 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times
^^ That should not be an issue. The phone jack and the wiring is part of the building and property just like electrical wiring and outlets. The owner of the property is responsible to repair and maintenance not the person who has a lease to rent the property.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^ That should not be an issue. The phone jack and the wiring is part of the building and property just like electrical wiring and outlets. The owner of the property is responsible to repair and maintenance not the person who has a lease to rent the property.
Yeah ... But she won't be back until Monday to even put in the work order to have it repaired. I know it ain't the end of the world but Chatteresses need to chat like moths need cotton

Old 10-22-2011, 12:04 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,331,418 times
I was watching Saturday morning cartoons and eating cold cereal like I did when I was a kid. One of my favorite episodes of the Flinkstones came on, the one where Fred dreamed he fell asleep for 20 year when he was at his company's picnic. Kids are truly innocent... I never noticed a naked woman before. In Fred's dream Barney struck it rich and lived in a mansion on the hill. When he entered Barney's house there was a picture of a naked blonde with boobs extended and pointing. She was completely naked. I thought how inappropriate. I guess I am not a kid or innocent anymore... Hey and u know all of the cartoons were probably sending some type of subliminal messages and this is why we have a "anythings goes" type society. lol Yeah I know it is a stretch...

Old 10-22-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I was watching Saturday morning cartoons and eating cold cereal like I did when I was a kid. One of my favorite episodes of the Flinkstones came on, the one where Fred dreamed he fell asleep for 20 year when he was at his company's picnic. Kids are truly innocent... I never noticed a naked woman before. In Fred's dream Barney struck it rich and lived in a mansion on the hill. When he entered Barney's house there was a picture of a naked blonde with boobs extended and pointing. She was completely naked. I thought how inappropriate. I guess I am not a kid or innocent anymore... Hey and u know all of the cartoons were probably sending some type of subliminal messages and this is why we have a "anythings goes" type society. lol Yeah I know it is a stretch...
I don't know if you are aware of this but the Flinstones was created for adults when the makers discovered that adults enjoyed watching cartoons. That's why as a kid, I thought this cartoon was rather boring compared to other cartoons at the time.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:26 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Not only that, but the Flintstones were a take-off on the Honeymooners.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:39 PM

1,632 posts, read 483,781 times
Our town's high school just faced off with their most hated rival, who coming in, they were 1-16 all-time against. It gets tiring hearing all of the trash talk between the other town's kids and yet them still winning. We have a good team this year, but the high school always seems to run into a brick wall when they play their rivals.

Final: Hated Rivals 32, Us 0.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics