Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 12:17 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,419,666 times

Advertisements

I dont know why i want to post this, but i just do, just to get it off my chest!

Three + years ago I was having my newborn baptised at the local church. We were discussing it with another couple and the priest and deacon. Anyway it was snowing and we called for a ride home as we had no car and when leaving we couldnt find my $80 coat or a blanket that a good friend sent me for my son. Figured id check tommorow as i just lost my mind.

Went by the church, checked the room and the offices for lost and found. The priest and deacon didnt take it, so only two people left. The priest called them and asked about it and they denied having it. So what can i do without proof, the cops arent going to rade the house over it.

Three years later and im having a meal with my wife and children at the local cafe and what do i see? The same two people with a brand new baby, wrapped in my sons blanket and the fat basket case of a husband wearing my blanket! Body did my blood boil! I really felt like saying something to the woman with a face only a mother could love and husband with a belly like he ate her twin sister, but i just couldnt do it! Anyway, rant over!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2007, 12:28 AM

1,076 posts, read 3,554,636 times
That's when you order something really nasty, then walk over and dump it all over the coat then just smile, not like you really want the stuff back after three yrs or them having it ya know, paybacks can be real sweet in the right situation.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:37 AM

Im sure they can be! Ill bide my time now that i have 100% proof and no doubt in my mind. I can be quite an evil vindictive person when things stew for a while, watch this space ...

Old 03-27-2007, 09:03 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,992,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I dont know why i want to post this, but i just do, just to get it off my chest!

Three + years ago I was having my newborn baptised at the local church. We were discussing it with another couple and the priest and deacon. Anyway it was snowing and we called for a ride home as we had no car and when leaving we couldnt find my $80 coat or a blanket that a good friend sent me for my son. Figured id check tommorow as i just lost my mind.

Went by the church, checked the room and the offices for lost and found. The priest and deacon didnt take it, so only two people left. The priest called them and asked about it and they denied having it. So what can i do without proof, the cops arent going to rade the house over it.

Three years later and im having a meal with my wife and children at the local cafe and what do i see? The same two people with a brand new baby, wrapped in my sons blanket and the fat basket case of a husband wearing my blanket! Body did my blood boil! I really felt like saying something to the woman with a face only a mother could love and husband with a belly like he ate her twin sister, but i just couldnt do it! Anyway, rant over!
That is just unbelievable. I'd have called the police while they were eating, when the cop arrived, explained the problem, then pointed out the two who were there with their new baby and pointed out the blanket and coat, referenced the priest as a witness that those items are yours, then had the cop approach them and ask for the items back...PUBLIC HUMILIATION!

Old 03-27-2007, 09:04 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,683,834 times
Next time, walk over and keep telling them over & over, and loudly, what a nice blanket!! Where did you get it? I want one just like it -- how much? How could you afford something that nice....Wow, just beautiful... where did you buy it again, I didn't hear ya ...I have to go there & get me one, how much was it?
Didn't think you could afford something so nice, did you luck out at the thrift shop or something?
All the time with an enthusiastic smile, so it looks as though the scum hadn't gotten the best of you. (they should feel like subhumanlifeforms if they're human at all.)
Wish I could send you my sister to have a tactful chat with the crud.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:26 AM

942 posts, read 2,585,144 times
Default Grandma wins!!!

I would have been supper pist off too!!!!

Wanting to go over to them and rip it off there bodies!!!!!

However, than I would've heard my grandmothers voice (she past two years ago) in my head saying "maybe they needed it more than you and the Lord always provides and if they didnt need it some how down the line it will come back to them."

Grandmas voice alwayd wins in my head. I would have had to count to 50 for that one.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:42 AM

It was hard believe me. I doubt they need. If somebody needs to steal from a church and can eat out, they dont need, they want.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:12 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,047,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
If somebody needs to steal from a church and can eat out, they dont need, they want.
Yes, I agree. Ugh.
I really feel for you.
I am not big on scenes and confrontations, but I don't think I would have been able to let this one go--though I might have been too flabbergasted to know what on earth to say.
Looking at this situation from my vantagepoint now, I think my instinct would have been to walk over there, introduce myself, and speak just a bit pointedly about the blanket and the coat which had been "misplaced" three years ago.
I would not have said "that is the blanket given my baby son" or anything like that. But I certainly would have insinuated.
I would not have done this with the idea that I would be getting anything back.
It would have been just for my own benefit...to let them know that I know.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:21 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,145,436 times
I think you all are being a bit hard and judgemental of these people. Now I am not saying what they did was right but I think people nowadays are really lacking true Christlike charity. People are very complex and we do not know their motivations. Maybe it was purely selfishness but we don't know. I think we need to remember sometimes that we are not the judge of anyone and are told to forgive all.

confused and relocating; i've heard that saying before too, your grandma was very wise words to live by.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:46 AM

1,658 posts, read 2,697,324 times
"It was hard believe me. I doubt they need. If somebody needs to steal from a church and can eat out, they dont need, they want."

I agree. Some people do not have a conscience and take whatever they want. I think, however, that others "need". Cases in point:

While with a small contingent of Marines on a Navy cargo ship, some of our guys stole woolen jackets from the sailors, while they returned the favor by stealing some of our rifles. A case of "want".

At the same time, one of our guys was stealing clothing from us. What he didn't know, was that some of us had stenciled our names on the back pocket of our trousers. He was caught wearing one of these trousers with another person's name, was beaten to a pulp, hauled up to the co, and then thrown in the brig. A case of "need".

I say this because I think that individual was sick, and no amount of beatings would have changed his behavior. He had plenty of his own uniforms, knew what would happen if he was caught, but proceeded to steal anyway.

Maybe that's why the jails are usually full. Too many reasons/excuses to ***** your fellow man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics