Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2010, 05:02 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Good point! I just think it's cowardly. It's impossible for anyone to accurately judge someone else on the internet.
I was just looking at your collection of stars and now wonder just how many of those were "negative" rep points?! LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 05:09 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I was just looking at your collection of stars and now wonder just how many of those were "negative" rep points?! LOL!
Not very many. But, hey, I'm peevin'. Keepin' the peeve alive.

Old 11-07-2010, 05:17 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Not very many. But, hey, I'm peevin'. Keepin' the peeve alive.
Ok ... I'll just Leave it to Peever then!

Old 11-07-2010, 05:35 PM
bjh

Quote:
Punny. Or Peever Knows Best with bud, princess, and kitten.

Old 11-07-2010, 05:42 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
Quote:
That's a puzzler. Maybe it's the new rudeness that seems to come along with each new technology. Like people who are polite in person, but become obnoxious maniacs behind the wheel.

Or for another computer thing: people who ignore emails that it is their JOB to answer. There seems to be a childish p.o.v. on the part of some that because an email is a distant contact, they can ignore it and that's okay.
I have to admit, I've missed emails before. Or I've opened them and planned on replying but gotten sidetracked and forgotten about them. So I think resending is always a good idea. However if they ignore it even after resending, then that's definitely rude.

With the asking for a photo description, I asked twice in the thread.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:07 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
Quote:
Lol!

I wanted to rep you, but couldn't.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:34 PM

6,119 posts, read 4,609,858 times
When several people are in line and a new cash register opens, the cashier says "I'll get someone over here." NO!!! The civilized way to say it is "I will check out the next customer in line" so it's not a mob mentality over who can fight to the register first.

Also, why can't people bother to take large parking placards off their rear view mirrors when the vehicle is in motion. Not trying to bash disabled people, but those handicapped placards (at least where I am) are the worst. It seems like it would be blocking your visibility when driving. Is it really that much effort to remove?

Old 11-07-2010, 08:42 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegamanX View Post
Just read the damn instructions.
There's that word! Just! That word intimidates me as much as...simple!
Or: Piece of cake!

If I go to Best Buy, I'm pondering expansion of my high-tech world, and I ask one of these nerdy clerks: How difficult would it be for this techno dummy to learn to operate this? and he says: It would be a piece of cake! Out the door I go, empty-handed!

The last expansion of my high-tech world, a digital camera I bought 9 months ago, I'm using the easy-to-follow instructions as a dart board and one day I'll take a photo of it with my easily-usable disposable camera!

Unfortunately, I don't have younger people to call on to patiently, patiently sit down with me and even so much as instruct me how to upload a photo on the Internet or store a number on my cellphone.

And, yes, my patience with instruction manuals wears paper-thin after two minutes! Instruction manuals have always overwhelmed or defeated me!

Old 11-08-2010, 05:27 PM
bjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
When several people are in line and a new cash register opens, the cashier says "I'll get someone over here." NO!!! The civilized way to say it is "I will check out the next customer in line" so it's not a mob mentality over who can fight to the register first.

Also, why can't people bother to take large parking placards off their rear view mirrors when the vehicle is in motion. Not trying to bash disabled people, but those handicapped placards (at least where I am) are the worst. It seems like it would be blocking your visibility when driving. Is it really that much effort to remove?
Both good points. The clerk should definitely specify. At least some of the time they do. Sometimes even a customer has the sense to let the first person go.

By law people are supposed to remove handicap placards while driving. Technically they could get a ticket for driving with it up there.

Here's my peeve: people who are clueless and proud of it.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:20 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
I hate it when I work through lunch then come home and pig out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics