Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2016, 08:05 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I don't know. When I put down peppermint oil last year, my Elvira was all over it-acting like she was on catnip. I later found out that peppermint oil can be toxic to cats.

Cat
I only intend to use it inside the cuppords, where the open to the side/outside wall area is. They are kept closed. Right now all the stuff not ruined is stacked on the counter.

I'm thinking if they can't come in direct contact, its okay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 08:20 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I still have my tonsils, at 65, and they, as well as my sinuses would become infected at least 2-3 times a year and require longish-term antibios to repair. The bouts worsened in my teens and 20s.

Until my 30s -- when I began taking garlic tablets/capsules and vitamin C daily. I forget where I came across the recommendation.

But I take the equivalent of between 500 mg - 2,000 mg of garlic daily and usually a single 500 mg capsule of C and 400 IU of D.

If I feel the SLIGHTEST hint of a sore throat/runny nose/cough, I make sure to take a 2nd dose of everything except the D 30 minutes before bedtime. (I think vitamins and such work more effectively when you're relaxed/asleep.)

And yeah, the punchline is, I haven't had to take antibiotics for any kind of infection for 30-some years.

Knock wood.

Ow!
And all this time I thought it was the whiskey killing all the germs!

I rarely take vitamins, but lately I take a multivitamin for SENIORS! LOL, that makes me feel old. I only take it a couple of times a week.

I always buy about 16-20 limes. Then I cut them in half and sit at my computer and get all sour-faced! I don't know why, but I have been craving limes for the past month. It's more fun than popping a vitamin C, I guess. I might have some limes right now!

Old 08-29-2016, 07:24 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
And all this time I thought it was the whiskey killing all the germs!

I rarely take vitamins, but lately I take a multivitamin for SENIORS! LOL, that makes me feel old. I only take it a couple of times a week.

I always buy about 16-20 limes. Then I cut them in half and sit at my computer and get all sour-faced! I don't know why, but I have been craving limes for the past month. It's more fun than popping a vitamin C, I guess. I might have some limes right now!
You craving limes for a good reason, the body always craves what it needs.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You craving limes for a good reason, the body always craves what it needs.
Beer?

I am taking an art therapy course this semester. It is really good! I love the professor. Her and I are like bookends. She is the kind of person that fits with my personality to a T. Nothing romantic, just a kindred soul.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:15 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Beer?

I am taking an art therapy course this semester. It is really good! I love the professor. Her and I are like bookends. She is the kind of person that fits with my personality to a T. Nothing romantic, just a kindred soul.
I still have hopes of meeting one. (But I'd be okay with some romance added to the combo.)

Old 08-29-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Beer?

Got any pictures of her lol?

Old 08-29-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Got any pictures of her lol?
Yes.

Old 08-29-2016, 10:43 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I still have my tonsils, at 65, and they, as well as my sinuses would become infected at least 2-3 times a year and require longish-term antibios to repair. The bouts worsened in my teens and 20s.

Until my 30s -- when I began taking garlic tablets/capsules and vitamin C daily. I forget where I came across the recommendation.

But I take the equivalent of between 500 mg - 2,000 mg of garlic daily and usually a single 500 mg capsule of C and 400 IU of D.

If I feel the SLIGHTEST hint of a sore throat/runny nose/cough, I make sure to take a 2nd dose of everything except the D 30 minutes before bedtime. (I think vitamins and such work more effectively when you're relaxed/asleep.)

And yeah, the punchline is, I haven't had to take antibiotics for any kind of infection for 30-some years.

Knock wood.

Ow!

I still have my tonsils, too. They used to take tonsils out regularly but stopped doing that about the time I started having a lot of throat issues as a teen-strep TWICE & several sore throats and such. I thought for sure they were going to take them out but didn't.

I've never heard of garlic for bugs. Whenever I feel something coming on, I usually take some Echinacea & some Vit C.

What I take regularly, is a baby aspirin, a Vit B complex, & cod liver oil.

The cod liver oil is for my eyes. As I stated earlier, I am legally blind. I have an eye disease called Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP). It effects my night & peripheral vision. I am pretty lucky. I know a lot of people with RP who are completely blind. Most people don't know that I am visually impaired unless I tell them. I was diagnosed in 1986 and still have good functioning vision. The progression is very slow and the cod liver oil is supposed to slow it even more. Don't know if it is working or not but I can still see. My central vision is really good-which is why I can still read. Even my husband forgets that I am visually impaired until he hands me something and I don't take it. Then he realized that I couldn't see it and will say, "Here." Then it will take me a few minutes before I actually SEE what he is holding out to me. Or when I drop something. I know it is there but I can't see where it had landed. Yeah, I do bump into things and trip over things but most people just think that I am a klutz. Yup, all those years of ballet didn't pay off. lol. What is really embarrassing is when someone sticks their hand out for me to shake and I don't take it. I'm not being rude, I just can't see it. But, of course they don't know that and just think I'm being rude.

My driving days are over. Haven't driven a car in over 20 years. Don't really miss it. Never really liked to drive. But, I do miss the freedom. If I want to go somewhere, I could just jump in my car and go. Now, I have to line up transportation. My "chauffeur" is really good about taking me places I want or need to go. But, he doesn't like shopping and I do. So, many times he will drop me off and come back to get me.

I just hope that I never lose the ability to read.

Cat

Old 08-29-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Yes.

I don't know how many times somebody was talking about some girl and I interrupt saying,'' You got any nude pictures of her?'' And they awkwardly say,'' NO!''

Of course you know my response huh?

''Wanna buy some?''

Old 08-29-2016, 11:47 AM

You wanna hear something real stupid?

I am afraid of reaching or not reaching my 7000th post, last time it happened, my whole world was turned upside down and it's like some kind of superstition to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism