Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2016, 11:23 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times

Advertisements

Thanks, both. You're very kind.

Alm, that's a groundhog on the rock, not a beaver. They are quite similar-looking, except for the tail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 11:26 AM

126,276 posts, read 19,048,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Alm, that's a groundhog on the rock, not a beaver. They are quite similar-looking, except for the tail.
Yes you are right I was looking from my cell phone but now I am on my computer and there is definitely a difference.

Old 11-25-2016, 12:07 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Nice pictures once again, TD. Thank you. I never get tired of seeing them.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Spent with family, but not my daughter, who was with her dad and aunt and cousin. Had to deal with a cranky biotch sister, trying to remind myself that her health problems might be contributing to her worsening personality. Nice surprise for us, especially my 88-year-old mom, was a niece and her 5 kids that my mother and I haven't seen in 4 years--and others never even met 3 of her kids--showing up for dinner. Great-grandma was thrilled beyond measure because she thought she would never see them again. Was worth putting up with the cranky sister.

Amazingly, although most of us can't stand my lying, thieving loser of a niece, her kids are polite, smart, personable, and well-behaved.

Old 11-25-2016, 12:16 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Yes you are right I was looking from my cell phone but now I am on my computer and there is definitely a difference.
Oh good, because I was thinking, "That looks like a groundhog to me. My eyesight really is getting worse".

Old 11-25-2016, 04:58 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
What beautiful pictures TroutDude Especially like the beaver munching on the bread and your dog looking out to the lake.
But did you see his hands?

Those are some pretty hands, he could be a hand model lol.

I always wanted pretty hands, mine are so ugly.

Old 11-25-2016, 05:01 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:

You are so lucky to be able to see so much wildlife, I have been thinking about taking a year off and finding Fenn's treasure in New Mexico, stay out in the wilderness for about a year, see the wildlife. I am jealous though, you get to see so much, and all I got to look at are pooches siskins and snipes.

I can always go snipe hunting.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:18 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutdude View Post
bored. Gonna toss up some pics. As always, sorry for any repeats....
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Thanks for posting, Trout.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:47 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times
So last night we had the 4 youngest of the grandkids for dinner. 3 of them had sippy cups. I asked the oldest of these 4 if she wanted a sippy cup like the other 3 or a real glass cup. She opted for the glass cup and said, "I am 7 and a half. I am NOT 7 anymore!"

Cat

Old 11-26-2016, 02:07 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
So last night we had the 4 youngest of the grandkids for dinner. 3 of them had sippy cups. I asked the oldest of these 4 if she wanted a sippy cup like the other 3 or a real glass cup. She opted for the glass cup and said, "I am 7 and a half. I am NOT 7 anymore!"

Cat

Old 11-26-2016, 08:37 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
It's getting coooold. Brrr. Thankful for knitting. Even just the sound of clicking needles warms me up. Anyone else have a favorite cold weather hobby? (Other than drinking.)
Usually I'd be chocheting but I don't have anything I want/need right now, and have been doing LOTS of emboridery. I've been using the plastic canvas with the small openings, and it looks beautiful but can be washed. I use the regular four ply yarn, dividing it in two, and some of my large collection of wool yarn, and a step at a time plan. The last one started off with a detailed border, matching the tones of the color first. It's reminicent of medieval design with everything 'dappled' by another color and both ornate and stylized. The middle is a sky (dark to light blue, with gold daples), tall mountains (white and purple tones) white daples. Then is a sea of dark blue with blue and green and white/violet daples. Then a sandbar in golds. The whole thing looks dream like.

I'm going to try to put some pictures of my pieces in my photos. Help would be appreciated.

I've always got to have a project going, and of course as soon as I finished it, I started the edging on another one. I think I could do a gift for the holidays or two for family too.

i crochet a lot too so I always have yarn available in case of an idea. I've tried knitting but it never took.

I think the thing I love so much about stiching is I also like to draw, but stitcing combines both the amazing calm of watching the picture grow one stitch at a time with seeing the picture coming together. I don't use regular patterns, or if I do, it gets a lot of changes. Mostly I start with a little design and build on it.

I also crochet with great concentration. I figure out my own patterns, but have made a DS9 style trek uniform out of crochet and also a winter coat which looks like the larger coats they have in one of the movies. I lined it with a thermal shirt cut open in the front but LOVE the way it looke so official. And its even warm.

My living room always has a box of yarn and maybe a few drawn out patterns along with projects in process sitting there. Neat or not, that's where it lives. It's also got the best light, which you need to see the whole range of colors. BBCA is a freebe on Dish right now, showing HOURS and HOURS of star trek, so I'm a very happy camper right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism