Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2010, 03:43 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,337,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
This forum never ceases to amaze me. On another thread on this same topic someone was annoyed because their meal was interrupted by loud children's voices while they were eating at Denny's. Isn't Denny's a family restaurant? And on this thread it's gone even further to fast food patios. Kids tend to laugh and talk too loud sometimes. They get excited easily and have a hard time sitting still. Is the answer to never let them leave the house for fear that their loud little voices and laughter might ruin some one's Blizzard or onion rings? I can understand not bringing a child out to a nice restaurant if the parent is not 100% sure that they can handle it but family restaurants and now fast food? Seriously?

Old 11-30-2010, 03:44 PM

218 posts, read 455,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
you should have said wait till your's pops out before you offer an opinion :d.
hahahaha!

Old 11-30-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I love how many posters without children come over to the parenting section to impart their wisdom.

I agree.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
You should have said wait till your's pops out before you offer an opinion .

Hilarious

Old 11-30-2010, 04:11 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Adults can be just as rude and asinine. Like the one at my husband's grandfather's funeral service last week who couldn't be bothered to turn his cell off and subsequently got a call in the middle of the eulogy given by the deceased man's son. @@

Old 11-30-2010, 04:13 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
This forum never ceases to amaze me. On another thread on this same topic someone was annoyed because their meal was interrupted by loud children's voices while they were eating at Denny's. Isn't Denny's a family restaurant? And on this thread it's gone even further to fast food patios. Kids tend to laugh and talk too loud sometimes. They get excited easily and have a hard time sitting still. Is the answer to never let them leave the house for fear that their loud little voices and laughter might ruin some one's Blizzard or onion rings? I can understand not bringing a child out to a nice restaurant if the parent is not 100% sure that they can handle it but family restaurants and now fast food? Seriously?
Right? I wanna start a thread about old people holding me up in line arguing over a friggin' nickel. Or stinky people on the bus. Or the really loud religious guy on the bus. Or the people making out at Barnes and Noble.

But I won't. Know why? Part of living in society. LOL

Old 11-30-2010, 04:15 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,384,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Have you ever tried to control a child in a public place?
It is HARD.

Once the child starts acting up you try to get them to calm down but then they want to do the opposite of what you just said, then come the NOO NOOO NOOO's I DONT WANT TOOO's, then you try and remove the child from the public place and they start kicking and screaming.

I took the kids I nanny for today out and they were both horribly cranky and needed naps halfway through but the mom wanted me to atleast stay out an hour so she could get stuff done.

YOU try pushing a stroller with a one year old who's crying and telling an 3 year old to get over to you now or she would be in a lot of trouble, then having to go get said 3 year old, pick up said 3 year old and push the stroller all at once, while trying to remove them from the situation.

You try doing that quickly enough not to annoy anyone.

Its not easy.
It's not that hard. it's just laziness for the most part.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:20 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,384,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Right? I wanna start a thread about old people holding me up in line arguing over a friggin' nickel. Or stinky people on the bus. Or the really loud religious guy on the bus. Or the people making out at Barnes and Noble.

But I won't. Know why? Part of living in society. LOL
Inconveniences have limits. I guess if your neighbour plays loud music at 3am, this is OK?

We cannot control others, but there is control of others.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:20 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,924,960 times
Its all about training, even in Dennys people are there to eat not to have to put up with kids running around everywhere screaming, while the parents sit enjoying the break from them.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:21 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,566 times
Is this thread back again? I thought it was exhausted months ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting