Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2010, 02:22 AM

1,431 posts, read 2,483,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Most are having some sort of sex and like i said if you put your hands on my child you would have me to contend with.
This is true. By age 18, 54% of boys and 58% of girls will have had sex. Of those who've lost their virginity, 75% will have engaged in sex within the last three months.

Fighting teenage sexuality is ultimately a losing battle.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:59 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,979,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly8 View Post
Yes. In MY house, and kick his a$$ means exactly that, my foot kicking him in the a$$ as he walked or ran out of my house. Seriously.

My daughter has been raised to respect the homes of the people she visits. What a concept!!!
And I am glad you feel assaulting a minor is appropriate.
That's exactly what that is, by law, no grey area there.

You assaulting a minor is illegal.

I wonder when some parents will get it through their heads you can't go all renegade and assault someone for going against something you said. You can't just hit people.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:04 AM

144 posts, read 307,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
And I am glad you feel assaulting a minor is appropriate. That's exactly what that is, by law, no grey area there.

You assaulting a minor is illegal.

I wonder when some parents will get it through their heads you can't go all renegade and assault someone for going against something you said. You can't just hit people.
Thats true.

But it might possibly be a little more effective if you could put the fear of god in them by threatining a beating if they, say have sex in the house.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:38 AM

5,664 posts, read 5,095,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Really??? You'd have this poor kid become a registered sex offender for the rest of his life because he had sex with his girlfriend? Basically ruining his life forever.......

Why??? Because of over active teenage hormones
You say that like it's a bad thing. As the father of a daughter, all I can add is: *If* I kept my composure, I'd offer the kid a choice between dealing with me or the police, and yes, accusations of rape would be in that mix... Of course, the probability of me keeping my composure in such a situation is pretty low.

Having my daugher known as "the hot chick that no one will date because her Daddy's a bit crazy" is ok by me.

I'm a firm believer in personal responsibility and being held to account for one's actions - under all circumstances. Sometimes people make really bad choices and *need* to suffer the consequences as part of the learning process. Being on the registry might teach the kid a thing or two!

"...for the rest of his life..." I like the sound of that!

Old 12-08-2010, 04:44 AM

5,664 posts, read 5,095,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly8 View Post
This did happen to a friend of my 17 yo DD. The mom came home early and found them in the girls bedroom. The mom screamed, slammed the door, ran to her room, screaming, and slammed the door. My dd asked me what I would have done. I told her I would have stood in the open door while the young man got dressed. Then I would have kicked his a$$ all the way to MY front door.
And I'm serious.

My kids have been raised with the understanding that the home they live in belongs to me. My house, my rules and expectations. When they break the rules, there are consequences. I'm not unreasonable, and so far we haven't had any serious situations.
I just can't understand why you would allow him to get dressed! Out, or rather *through* the front door - nekkid as caught! Double points if it's snowing at the time!

Old 12-08-2010, 05:11 AM

1,431 posts, read 2,483,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
You say that like it's a bad thing. As the father of a daughter, all I can add is: *If* I kept my composure, I'd offer the kid a choice between dealing with me or the police, and yes, accusations of rape would be in that mix... Of course, the probability of me keeping my composure in such a situation is pretty low.

Having my daugher known as "the hot chick that no one will date because her Daddy's a bit crazy" is ok by me.

I'm a firm believer in personal responsibility and being held to account for one's actions - under all circumstances. Sometimes people make really bad choices and *need* to suffer the consequences as part of the learning process. Being on the registry might teach the kid a thing or two!

Giving a person significant jail time and disenfranchising them as reviled pariahs as a rational response to consensual sex is a sick and vengeful response. Will you drag your family through the police investigations and the criminal trial? And the appeal?

Old 12-08-2010, 05:20 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,932,057 times
Quote:

Having sex is not a crime. It may not be what most parents want their kids doing but its not a crime.

Being on the registry will ruin a young man's life forever. I think that is to severe a punishment for having sex. Sex is not illegal just because your little angel is involved.

Since you are such a believer in personal responsibility what would you do to your daughter?

Old 12-08-2010, 05:56 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,808,160 times
Wow. I thought I was rude and outspoken sometimes. A few posts in this thread make me look tame, so thanks.

I am laughing at the rape charges for a minor? Are you serious? Talk about over the top.

I also have to laugh at the double standard that the boy is going to get a beating when they get caught. I triple dog dare you to lay a hand on my child while your little angel is laying there with her legs spread.

Make no mistake, 8 times out of 10, your sweet little little angel is pulling the wool over your eyes and she is, in fact, having sex. Yes your daughter too. Stop shaking your head, your daughter too. It makes no difference if it is a boy or a girl, they are both guilty so stop blaming just the boy.

I had the luxury of being the Mom the kids talked to about things a lot of them didn't feel comfortable talking to their own parents about. There is one thing I learned, there are some really dumb parents out there.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:01 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,868,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelorn View Post
This is true. By age 18, 54% of boys and 58% of girls will have had sex. Of those who've lost their virginity, 75% will have engaged in sex within the last three months.

Fighting teenage sexuality is ultimately a losing battle.
Chances are the numbers are bit higher due to undereporting as well i would imagine it's closer to 70 percent. And that's just intercourse....my little niece has said things like oral,anal,dry sex,naked dry sex,mutual masturbation are common among people who don't have sex.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:04 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,868,398 times
Quote:
I just can't understand why you would allow him to get dressed! Out, or rather *through* the front door - nekkid as caught! Double points if it's snowing at the time!

Yes and that will ensure you daughter will still date him despite you my friend, but go ahead and try that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting