Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2011, 06:57 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Things I have learned on the interwebz today:

1) People are freaking crazy!

2) The old adage "children should be seen, and not heard" has been changed to "children should neither be seen, nor heard".

3) People are bat-poo crazy!

4) Costco sells diamond rings for one million bucks!
Costco - 6.20 ct IF Clarity, D Color Diamond Solitaire Ring

5) People are crazier than all get-out!

6) Pregnant women are offensive.

7) Seriously, lots of crazy people about at the moment.

8) CD Mom's Who Rock are just freaking awesome (and not crazy)!

AWWWW....Zimbo wish I could rep you again but alas THAT WOULD BE CRAZY!

LOL! Anyway off to play Angry Birds! Nite nite.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:01 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Goodnight MrsX!

Old 08-10-2011, 07:14 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Sleep cool Mrs. X.

I spent the day wondering if there's a full moon.

MM: Hope DS is half-way comfy. We had a bit of good news: DH passed his skin cancer exam. That horrible cream and all the pain and peeling paid off. Whew.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:33 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Sleep cool Mrs. X.

MM: Hope DS is half-way comfy. We had a bit of good news: DH passed his skin cancer exam. That horrible cream and all the pain and peeling paid off. Whew.

That is great news Dew!

The rest of my day was .... interesting. Took DS to his job so he could explain in person and give them a note from his doctor saying he was out "indefinitely"...He came back out and got into the car and...the car would not start. Nothing. Just "click click click". DD came and we tried to jump start the car. Nothing. Called my roadside assistance coverage and they came and towed me away - about 1.5 hours later. So, now my car is in the shop. Hoping for just a battery replacement but the combination of nothing from the engine (but my windows still went up and down with ease) and the clicking noise is making me think alternator which is a lot pricier than a battery (which will also most likely need replacing since as far as I know, its the original battery - at least it is since I've had it which is going on 5 years). Add that to DH's crown, tuition being due and the whole stock market mess....Yep, when it rains it pours. Thank goodness I'm busy at work and we at least will have football this year. I can't imagine how grumpy I'd be if that hadn't been settled.

And...the fam is together . DS is watching TV on the sofa with me rubbing his head. DD and DH are playing cribbage at the kitchen table. Things could be a lot worse.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:38 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Dew - good news!

MM - sorry you are in the wars.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:05 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Things I have learned on the interwebz today:

1) People are freaking crazy!

2) The old adage "children should be seen, and not heard" has been changed to "children should neither be seen, nor heard".

3) People are bat-poo crazy!

5) People are crazier than all get-out!

6) Pregnant women are offensive.

7) Seriously, lots of crazy people about at the moment.

8) CD Mom's Who Rock are just freaking awesome (and not crazy)!
common sense ain't so common...

Quote:
Sleep cool Mrs. X.

great!

Old 08-10-2011, 09:16 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
Quote:
Okay - seriously. What does Costco not have? Now Dew can't even find the cream puffs - how in the world will she find this?

Quote:
We had a bit of good news: DH passed his skin cancer exam. That horrible cream and all the pain and peeling paid off. Whew.
Dew - this is wonderful news! Yeah Mr. Dew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
The rest of my day was .... interesting. Took DS to his job so he could explain in person and give them a note from his doctor saying he was out "indefinitely"...He came back out and got into the car and...the car would not start. Nothing. Just "click click click". DD came and we tried to jump start the car. Nothing. Called my roadside assistance coverage and they came and towed me away - about 1.5 hours later. So, now my car is in the shop. Hoping for just a battery replacement but the combination of nothing from the engine (but my windows still went up and down with ease) and the clicking noise is making me think alternator which is a lot pricier than a battery (which will also most likely need replacing since as far as I know, its the original battery - at least it is since I've had it which is going on 5 years). Add that to DH's crown, tuition being due and the whole stock market mess....Yep, when it rains it pours. Thank goodness I'm busy at work and we at least will have football this year. I can't imagine how grumpy I'd be if that hadn't been settled.

And...the fam is together . DS is watching TV on the sofa with me rubbing his head. DD and DH are playing cribbage at the kitchen table. Things could be a lot worse.
That was a crappy day - but the bolded part - that just made me smile! I love that. I really hope DS is able to get back to school and work soon mm!

I had DH take my car today - I told him I just had this feeling that we were pushing the miles and were in the home stretch with the timing belt (scheduled to go in Monday!). When it rains it pours. I don't want it to start raining!

Old 08-10-2011, 09:43 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Made me smile too jk...I was not in a happy mood when I finally got home and the kitchen was a mess, DS was crabby and hungry etc. Once I got the kitchen cleaned up, DS fed, gave Macie her ridiculously expensive allergy meds and sat down, I realized I was focusing on the wrong things. I am grateful that even though it was a bad day, its all fixable. All things considered, life is good.

Good call on the car. No sense in taking chances ..

Old 08-11-2011, 05:30 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,196,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
I know and another thread about how horrible 'breeders' are for cradling their tummies. I am tempted to start a thread about: 10 Things I Can't Stand About Single Unhappy Strangers Who Think They Know It All Because They Babysit Their Neighbors Kid or Ate At A Family Friendly Restaurant and the Kid Kicked off or Came Across A Pregnant Woman Who Was Happy About Having A Baby Then Make Stupid Comments Thread.
:: poke poke::

Okay, sorry Julia.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:29 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,852,168 times
I think I am contagious. lol.

I mention that I brought home a cold and a few days later someone else on here gets a cold (sorry for spreading that).

I tell you all about my cars breaking and sitting for hours waiting for towing and rescuing and then mm has to sit on the side of the road.

I am really sorry for passing my illnesses and bad luck on to you guys.

I had a crazy thought last night as I was falling asleep. Ok. So this is going to prove that I think about you people way too much. As I was falling asleep, I think I figured out the restaurant thing. Not just kids misbehaving (which I think is blown way out of proportion), but adults as well. Did you all notice yesterday that when you were telling stories about going to restaurants as kids, most of you mentioned being dressed up.

I really think that the way we dress changes how we act. When we are dressed up, we are a little more polite, a little quieter, just all around more well-mannered. When you (general you) are wearing shorts and a tank top you are more relaxed and comfortable. Wearing short and a tank top are acceptable at most of the restaurants that these people are mentioning.

I think if we all started dressing up for dinner, travel, functions, etc, we would see a lot of this craziness stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting