Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 09:11 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

Ewag, ARE YOU STILL UP?

Just checking - hoping LittleSirEwag has gone to bed.
Haha - yeah, still up LittleSirEwag has been restless but sort of sleeping for a little while now - I'll take it!

Night all!

Good luck, Dew - stay safe!

Old 07-18-2011, 09:15 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Haha - yeah, still up LittleSirEwag has been restless but sort of sleeping for a little while now - I'll take it!

Night all!

Good luck, Dew - stay safe!
Good for you... Get some sleep.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:26 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Dew, this one's for you!

‪Kansas - Dust In The Wind‬‏ - YouTube

Quote:
OMG, Karen Carpenter was awesome. Those were the most beautifully produced pop songs. Of course, I didn't appreciate them at all when they came out. I thought they were too clean cut and not cool enough.

Aah, the arrogance of youth. Same with the Beach Boys. I didn't realize what genius those songs were until I got old enough and musically educated enough to appreciate them.

But then, I was into Queen and AC/DC and The Sex Pistols, so I guess it's not totally surprising.
It's true, the simplicity of those songs was beautiful. I always loved The Carpenters version of Leon Russell's A Song For You. Mind you Freddie Mercury's writing was brilliant.

I LOOOVVVEEDDD the Pistols. Were you in London in the 80's? I was there for a year at the height of Pistols/Clash mania, it was insane.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:19 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times
Thanks, FR! Other than the random waking at 4:30 am, we did well last night!
We seem to be back to at least 11 hours at night for DS, thank goodness. It's amazing what a difference in makes in both of our moods!!

Zim - ha! I now have "Dust in the Wind" stuck in my head.....hope Dew is able to find her computer this morning in the dusty aftermath.....

Old 07-19-2011, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Dew, this one's for you!

‪Kansas - Dust In The Wind‬‏ - YouTube

It's true, the simplicity of those songs was beautiful. I always loved The Carpenters version of Leon Russell's A Song For You. Mind you Freddie Mercury's writing was brilliant.

I LOOOVVVEEDDD the Pistols. Were you in London in the 80's? I was there for a year at the height of Pistols/Clash mania, it was insane.
No, I was still in high school in Oz. We got the whole punk movement about 2 years after the fact... it had kinda died out by then. I loved the Sex Pistols too. I was in a small town that I hated, and that music sort of set one free, if that makes sense. I just about wore out my copy of "Never Mind The *******s". We did an assignment at school called "Pop Music As Literature" and I did mine on "Pretty Vacant" - and I got 100% on the project - luckily I had a young teacher.

Fast forward 20 years and there I am holding hands with John Lydon, skipping across Sunset Blvd... but that's another story.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:47 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Glad you got some sleep Ewag.

Quote:
No, I was still in high school in Oz. We got the whole punk movement about 2 years after the fact... it had kinda died out by then. I loved the Sex Pistols too. I was in a small town that I hated, and that music sort of set one free, if that makes sense. I just about wore out my copy of "Never Mind The *******s". We did an assignment at school called "Pop Music As Literature" and I did mine on "Pretty Vacant" - and I got 100% on the project - luckily I had a young teacher.
I was there for the tail-end of it. Crazy times. I remember going to see The Sex Pistols who were at a Virgin Records in central London for a tour or record promotion, can't remember which one, and all hell broke loose. That era of music was extremely liberating. I was also totally into Patti Smith, The Clash, and Blondie. Most of the music from that era was banned in Zimbabwe and South Africa where I was living during that time, so it never really took off, but for those that had access to it, there was a huge underground following. Because of that, living in London then was even more exhilarating.

Quote:
Fast forward 20 years and there I am holding hands with John Lydon, skipping across Sunset Blvd... but that's another story.
Hehe! That does sound like quite a story.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Glad you got some sleep Ewag.

I was there for the tail-end of it. Crazy times. I remember going to see The Sex Pistols who were at a Virgin Records in central London for a tour or record promotion, can't remember which one, and all hell broke loose. That era of music was extremely liberating. I was also totally into Patti Smith, The Clash, and Blondie. Most of the music from that era was banned in Zimbabwe and South Africa where I was living during that time, so it never really took off, but for those that had access to it, there was a huge underground following. Because of that, living in London then was even more exhilarating.
Wow, I can't imagine living in South Africa during those times. That must have been quite the experience. London was not exactly the most peaceful and content city those days, either. What an amazing background you have. (I'm trying to put that more eloquently, but I'm not awake yet. It takes several cups.)

Old 07-19-2011, 08:37 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
Morning all!

Okay, I hate stupidity and an email I got from a customer of one of my clients is making me laugh and shake me head at the same time.

I email all invoices - pdf created straight from Quickbooks.

Yesterday I get an email back from someone I had just sent and email to. With her pdf invoice attached - this is what she said:

"Can you fax me this invoice and the previos one as they are too faint to print"

Really? I really want to email her back and tell her to change her printer cartridge. But I suppose that isn't a good thing to do......

Old 07-19-2011, 08:43 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Really? I really want to email her back and tell her to change her printer cartridge. But I suppose that isn't a good thing to do......
That's hillarious! You might need to tell her. Otherwise, she might keep telling you that your invoices are too faint!!! You'll be faxing her forever if you don't.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Morning all!

Okay, I hate stupidity and an email I got from a customer of one of my clients is making me laugh and shake me head at the same time.

I email all invoices - pdf created straight from Quickbooks.

Yesterday I get an email back from someone I had just sent and email to. With her pdf invoice attached - this is what she said:

"Can you fax me this invoice and the previos one as they are too faint to print"

Morning coop!

HA!

I think you could probably do it in a nice way. Just say you're happy to fax it (if you can - does anybody even have a fax anymore?) but that the reason it's printing faint is because she's running out of ink, and she might find it helpful in case she really needs something printed to change the ink cartridge. You know, that one that probably pops up every time she prints something saying "You have run out of ink".

Technology. It's not for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting