Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 08:06 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I think there are mouth guards a dentist would fit for you.
I second this - I believe it's the only known solution to the damage caused by teeth grinding.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:04 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Morning all. Waiting for the A/C man for the check-up. Hoping for a hot god who tells us that everything is in perfect running condition and, yes, he'll accept our coupon for the "Summer Savings" tune-up and no costly repairs are needed.

A girl can always hope, right?

Old 07-20-2011, 09:36 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Ooh, I like the term Generation TextSpeak. From now on I'm Zmchk!

NSFW

‪George Carlin - Goofy Boy Names (HQ)‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-20-2011, 10:11 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Let me tell you how to cure religious people coming to your door.....
True story.

Jehovah Witnesses showed up at my door.

Their very first words were, "Do you believe in Hell?"

My response, "I believe I am suddenly in it right this very moment." And I closed the door.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:14 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Funny, Hopes. Have you cooled off yet?

All right! The a/c guy was a hot god! Black hair, blue eyes, really good looking. Best part: Our unit is just fine. No need for anything until next year's check-up. Yay!

Old 07-20-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Any solutions to grinding teeth at night?
I've been grinding them so hard in my sleep my jaw hurts and now I can barely move it.
Therapy! It's anxiety forgoodnesssake!

When are you going to accept that you need therap?!?!?!?!?!

Every single symptom you ever complain about is always a result of your untreated anxiety!

Old 07-20-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Ugh - so sorry! Hope you are currently cooling off in a large pool or bathtub full of cold water, clinking the ice in your tasty beverage.
Yesterday I decided to try a cold bath.

I got into the bathtub while I was filling it. I figured it would be easier than the shock of "jumping in."

Weird part? The cold water actually started feeling warm.

My body got weirdly use to it very quickly. (Either that, or my body heat, heated up the water!)

What I learned? A cold shower is much more refreshing! Saves water too!

Old 07-20-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Funny, Hopes. Have you cooled off yet?
I'm still toughing it out without turning on the house airconditioning. Unfortunately, not because I like misery. I would give in now and turn it on but I'm worried about wasting money because we got VERY BAD NEWS from hubby's workers comp doctor last week. He released him to work with a permanent restriction, which basically makes it impossible for hubby to EVER EVER EVER do his job EVER EVER EVER in the future.

We're okay, right now, financially. But I don't know what any of this means for the future. Hubby is at a return-to-work physical with the company doctor right now. I have no idea if he'll pass the physical. I have no idea what happens to the workers comp payments if he doesn't pass the physical. There's only one other job at the company that he qualifies to do physically, but it pays hundreds less per week than his previous job. (It isn't extremely low pay, he was just paid extremely well for his previous job.)

All of this means that we're going to need to file a lawsuit. We were trying to avoid that. Hubby liked his job. And we're not the type of people to file lawsuits. Sadly, I'm learning that sometimes it's absolutely necessary.

Quote:
All right! The a/c guy was a hot god! Black hair, blue eyes, really good looking. Best part: Our unit is just fine. No need for anything until next year's check-up. Yay!
You're a lucky lady! LOVE IT!

The old man water meter reader brought his trainee through my yard today: an overweight 20something with pimples. No hot gods here yet.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:32 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Yay Dew! Glad you had a hot god, but that you yourself are in no danger of being hot.

Hopes - you are very brave - I cannot abide cold showers at all. I don't care how hot it is, I just can't do it.

Zim, MrFR is a big George Carlin fan. He was all giddy when he first heard him narrate Thomas shows.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:36 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
Quote:
Dew, Dew, Dew..... you have it all wrong. If he was that hot, the best part would have been he had to come back to fix something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting