Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 06:56 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times

Advertisements

Hey Ewag, all....

Bah? Days that start with bah are indeed not promising, but you never know.

Zim, that does sound fantastic.

Thanks for your commiserations, people. I'm going to get on the phone for 4 hours now and try and sort it out.

coop - maybe I could borrow Mrcoop for a minute? He's a Mac guy too - tell him I have made chocolate pudding pops and he can have one.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:31 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Zim - what a neat experience! How did the kiddos like it?
They both really enjoyed it. The music was better than any live music I have seen in many years, just outstanding, and that is what my daugter really enjoyed.

My son is questioning spirituality at the moment, so we are trying to help him find his way. They both asked to attend church a while back, and now attend a children's ministry which they enjoy. DS is very like me, he likes to discuss things and so wants to talk about religion, and they don't really encourage that at that particular church. He sees all his friends going to church, but when he engages them, many of them haven't really thought much about it, they just go with their parents. I love that he questions everything and wants to figure things out.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:34 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,853,029 times
Zim- That sounds amazing

FR - Did you check to see if the thingamajig is plugged into the whatchamacallit? That could be your problem right there.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:41 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,515 times
Thanks, R - I'm trying to keep an open mind

Zim - So glad the kids enjoyed it, too! I know I've told you this before, but I love that you and DH are teaching your kids how to figure out what their own spiritual beliefs are, rather than imposing yours or going based on blind obedience. I believe spirituality and beliefs are something worth truly considering in a thoughtful manner, rather than just doing "because." Good job, Mom!

Old 07-11-2011, 07:47 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Hey Ewag, all....

Bah? Days that start with bah are indeed not promising, but you never know.

Zim, that does sound fantastic.

Thanks for your commiserations, people. I'm going to get on the phone for 4 hours now and try and sort it out.

coop - maybe I could borrow Mrcoop for a minute? He's a Mac guy too - tell him I have made chocolate pudding pops and he can have one.
It's 7:35am and I have been up since about 6ish off and on thanks to TG's alarms, he had to be at work at 6:45.
But I got into my car when I was leaving his place and One Republic - Good Life came on, I know today is going to be a great day.

So maybe your day will be great too.
Usually days that start with an early morning aren't very promising but I have high hopes for today.
Starting off with a nice hike/climb with some friends in castlewood canyon.
And then maybe a little job hunting.
Hopefully today stays good, just had a little scare with my phone not coming back on, just got it to but it worries me with how it works when it wants to and for the kind of phone it is and how well I take care of them it SHOULD work.

Anyways, a day that starts off waking up next to TG, hearing one of my favorite songs, some McDonald's and pepsi should be awesome.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:16 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Good morning....hope you get it figgered out FR.....

Zimbo - I'll add to the chorus of "very cool"....what a neat experience for everyone!

I read too much yesterday so now have to get some chores done today.

We have a busy week ahead. DS has a lacrosse game this afternoon, and started working again where he worked last summer. Yay! We have his senior pics scheduled and my dad is in town. Probably won't see him until later in the week but lots to do until then....

Have a great day everyone!

Old 07-11-2011, 08:18 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
FR- I hate that kind of stuff! Raises my blood pressure just thinking about it!

txt- have a good day.

Duh-I was laying in bed last night and it occurred to me what books got me into reading - Little House on the Prairie! I was obsessed in about 4th-5th grade. I can't believe I didn't think of that yesterday!

I'm about 2/3 through Centennial now. I got to the part that shows our local historic mansion. I've been in it and it is empty. It was neat to see it furnished in the movie.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:22 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post

txt- have a good day.

Duh-I was laying in bed last night and it occurred to me what books got me into reading - Little House on the Prairie! I was obsessed in about 4th-5th grade. I can't believe I didn't think of that yesterday!

I'm about 2/3 through Centennial now. I got to the part that shows our local historic mansion. I've been in it and it is empty. It was neat to see it furnished in the movie.
rkb - I can remember getting the first three of those books as a gift when I had my appendix removed (I want to say I was in 2nd or 3rd grade?). Loved them! I still have those very books on the bookshelf in my living room!

Old 07-11-2011, 08:27 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post

txt- have a good day.

Oh it will be.
I'm sitting in bed and as long as I can get up and not let my head hit a pillow I will be all good, I got 4 hours of sleep but I will last as long as I don't lean over and let my head touch a pillow. There will be no moving me then.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:33 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
lol! - Make it banana and he'd be there in a New York minute!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting