Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 12:38 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times

Advertisements

OK, so the black bear is back. He spent most of last night on my neighbor's (yes like next door) deck dismantling bird feeders. The neighbor said he's a good bear, not a bad one, apparently this was ascertained by said neighbor going out on the deck and sitting with the bear for a few minutes. While he was telling me the story I was quite speechless. He said he got good close-up pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh man. You should have seen some of the 80's do's I sported. I've had the Human League hair, the half pink half blue - you name it, any terrible 80's hair trend there was I had it.

Oooh, I had one that was short on top with a braid down the back. OMG. Luckily, it grows quickly.
Kewl!

Old 06-15-2011, 12:40 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
OK, so the black bear is back. He spent most of last night on my neighbor's (yes like next door) deck dismantling bird feeders. The neighbor said he's a good bear, not a bad one, apparently this was ascertained by said neighbor going out on the deck and sitting with the bear for a few minutes. While he was telling me the story I was quite speechless. He said he got good close-up pictures! !
Not good! Your neighbor needs to get those feeders down. Feeders one day, who knows what the next.....

Old 06-15-2011, 12:42 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,853,029 times
I can't imagine having a bear that close. I have had a gator ring my doorbell before, but they don't really worry me. My mom's side of the family is redneck so I was around swamps, airboats and gators a lot growing up. I can't imagine bears though.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:45 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
I have had a gator ring my doorbell before, but they don't really worry me.
Did you invite it to dinner?

Yum....gator.....

Old 06-15-2011, 12:46 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
OK, so the black bear is back.
Your neighbor is insane.

My brother's FIL had a bear in his house. (Big Bear, Fin.) He came home, heard a rustling noise upstairs and went to investigate. Bear had torn things apart. FIL beat a hasty retreat down the stairs and out of the house.

I love bears. But, no, am not getting close to them.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:53 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
OK, so the black bear is back. He spent most of last night on my neighbor's (yes like next door) deck dismantling bird feeders. The neighbor said he's a good bear, not a bad one, apparently this was ascertained by said neighbor going out on the deck and sitting with the bear for a few minutes. While he was telling me the story I was quite speechless. He said he got good close-up pictures!

Kewl!
Quote:
I can't imagine having a bear that close. I have had a gator ring my doorbell before, but they don't really worry me. My mom's side of the family is redneck so I was around swamps, airboats and gators a lot growing up. I can't imagine bears though.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:58 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,853,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Did you invite it to dinner?

Yum....gator.....
I love eating gator, but only if it is fresh. We used to hunt gator (for food not sport) and would bring it home alive and kill and cook it at home. Of course that was after we went frog gigging the night before. mmmmm... fresh gator and frog legs. Now I want some.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:32 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,689,500 times
No bears, but we have coyotes that come really close to the house.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:38 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Your neighbor is insane.

My brother's FIL had a bear in his house. (Big Bear, Fin.) He came home, heard a rustling noise upstairs and went to investigate. Bear had torn things apart. FIL beat a hasty retreat down the stairs and out of the house.

I love bears. But, no, am not getting close to them.
He had a bear in his house in Big Bear? Ha. I Was told there were no more bears in Big Bear.. (Ironically). Seems like they were telling me a fib.

I did have a bobcat in my backyard, though.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:41 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,689,500 times
Quote:
I love eating gator, but only if it is fresh. We used to hunt gator (for food not sport) and would bring it home alive and kill and cook it at home. Of course that was after we went frog gigging the night before. mmmmm... fresh gator and frog legs. Now I want some.
I tried fried gator for the first time in Nov. It was really good. I was surprised.
Hopefully we will be living with gators soon as we are moving to Fl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.