Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 09:14 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
For the time with my family, we'll all be in hotels but we'll be busy with my grandmother's memorial service....other than that we'll be on the road..and again no 3G so no connectivity.
Forgot about that part! Well, enjoy being with your family. You don't need no stinkin' computer!

Well, you do, to check in with us here.....

Old 06-14-2011, 09:15 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
In the summer with more dirty outside play, they get them, if needed, in the evening. In the winter they get them in the morning so they can calm their hair down.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
LOL - my kids didn't get a bath every day but they did most days (especially summer days when they were outside more often) simply because it was part of the "routine" which made it easier to put them to bed. That plus my son was a "get outside and play in the dirt for hours on end" kind of kid. They both spent LOTS of time playing outside....
lol! We didn't do baths every day either, but it did help with the routine.

Of course, they become teens and you can't get them out of the shower....

Old 06-14-2011, 09:19 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Oh, you have no idea how much better I feel than all of you right now! My children have a bath at 6.01pm every night, they are still sleeping on their backs (duct tape works well for this), and I never had to use an inhumane leash as they are both perfectly behaved...always.

Actually my son is going through that phase where he will spend hours in the shower, but I'm not sure if soap is actually involved. He also spends hours doing his hair. He wants Bieber hair, but when it's long it's just a big curly fro.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Oh, you have no idea how much better I feel than all of you right now! My children have a bath at 6.01pm every night, they are still sleeping on their backs (duct tape works well for this), and I never had to use an inhumane leash as they are both perfectly behaved...always.

Actually my son is going through that phase where he will spend hours in the shower, but I'm not sure if soap is actually involved. He also spends hours doing his hair. He wants Bieber hair, but when it's long it's just a big curly fro.
You are the perfect parent! We all wish we could be like you!

Old 06-14-2011, 09:22 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:

LOL!

Yes...DS wants long hair too... or as the kids say "flow" ...as in "Jake has some sweet flow..." Unfortunately for DS, he doesn't have the right kind of hair for "flow"...he got his mom's coarse and wavy hair...if he lets it grow it just gets "big". He tries every now and then. Eventually it just gets too hot for him and he cuts it off.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Of course, they become teens and you can't get them out of the shower....
Quote:
Actually my son is going through that phase where he will spend hours in the shower, but I'm not sure if soap is actually involved.
Sigh...yep....

Old 06-14-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Okay - you had me really giggling! I remember those days - when they can be in the shower until the hot water runs out but their hair is still greasy....

Old 06-14-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Okay - you had me really giggling! I remember those days - when they can be in the shower until the hot water runs out but their hair is still greasy....
DS7 just started taking showers himself in the last year. He will spend a half hour in there and come out with dry hair.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Well, you do, to check in with us here.....
I know! LOL....you all are addicting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting