Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 09:00 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I wonder if he's been favoring the opposite hip/leg and now has his spine/neck all misaligned? It wouldn't show up immediately after the injury because it's not directly the result of the injury but of his natural reaction to the injury....
That's a good point. We might have to go in and see a chiropractor if it doesn't get any better.

1,899 posts, read 2,853,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I wonder if he's been favoring the opposite hip/leg and now has his spine/neck all misaligned? It wouldn't show up immediately after the injury because it's not directly the result of the injury but of his natural reaction to the injury....
lol. We are thinking alike.

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
We used to each put one kid to bed and trade off which one each night. Now we switch off every other night putting both of them to bed.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:01 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
I had that happen when I broke my foot years ago. My neck started hurting a couple of weeks into recovery. I realized that the way I was walking was changing my entire alignment.
Okay - two of you saying this now! I never thought of that! Thanks you guys. I'm going to go talk to him about it. Might make him feel better thinking that might be what it was.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Hey mm - I'm glad you're having some time off. But we'll miss you, why don't you fix your laptop before you go but don't check your email, in case it's work?

rkb, nice your hubs does the bedtime sometimes. That's one thing I always do. I would like a night off now and again, but I do enjoy the snuggle time. I can't say I'm always a stickler with the bath though. I figure a day here and there won't hurt (well at least until we have school, anyway).

coop - your floors! Finally! Yay!
Yay. Now I don't feel like a horrible Mommy. I thought I was the only one.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:03 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Yay. Now I don't feel like a horrible Mommy. I thought I was the only one.
I'm a slacker on baths.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:03 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Hey mm - I'm glad you're having some time off. But we'll miss you, why don't you fix your laptop before you go but don't check your email, in case it's work?

rkb, nice your hubs does the bedtime sometimes. That's one thing I always do. I would like a night off now and again, but I do enjoy the snuggle time. I can't say I'm always a stickler with the bath though. I figure a day here and there won't hurt (well at least until we have school, anyway).

coop - your floors! Finally! Yay!
Hey FR! The laptop is a lost cause. I took it in and it would cost more to fix than to replace. And I just can't justify replacing it right now. I don't actually "need" it very often. It will probably do me good to NOT have computer access. Although I will have my Nook Color which has some browser capability and some email but I have not set it up with my work email Not sure if I can or not. Also not sure how much connectivity we'll have. For the time we're staying at my MIL's house - none. She does not even have dial up. For the time with my family, we'll all be in hotels but we'll be busy with my grandmother's memorial service....other than that we'll be on the road..and again no 3G so no connectivity.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:09 PM

Ugh. Most of my friends have a designated bath time. They do their bath at the same time every day. If they get dirty during the day, they might get 2 baths. I am more of the midset of "I can't smell you from across the room, you aren't crunchy, and you don't stick to everything that touches you. You are fine. Hand me a wet paper towel. I will get the worst of it real quick."

Ok. So maybe not to that point, but I don't feel like she has to have a bath EVERY day. Depends on the situation. If she is playing in mud all day, sure she gets a bath. If we all had a slacker day and lounged around the house, probably not.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:10 PM

Ok. I am heading off to bed so I don't have to look at my dirty house or smell my dirty kid any more. Have a good night all.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:12 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Quote:
Ugh. Most of my friends have a designated bath time. They do their bath at the same time every day. If they get dirty during the day, they might get 2 baths. I am more of the midset of "I can't smell you from across the room, you aren't crunchy, and you don't stick to everything that touches you. You are fine. Hand me a wet paper towel. I will get the worst of it real quick."

Ok. So maybe not to that point, but I don't feel like she has to have a bath EVERY day. Depends on the situation. If she is playing in mud all day, sure she gets a bath. If we all had a slacker day and lounged around the house, probably not.
LOL - my kids didn't get a bath every day but they did most days (especially summer days when they were outside more often) simply because it was part of the "routine" which made it easier to put them to bed. That plus my son was a "get outside and play in the dirt for hours on end" kind of kid. They both spent LOTS of time playing outside....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting