Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2011, 08:33 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Gullible's not in the dictionary, you know.
Haha!

Old 06-12-2011, 08:45 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Good morning. Absolutely gorgeous here this morning. Sunny, no wind and 60 degrees so far. Supposed to get up to 85. Glad the A/C is fixed. Slept like a rock last night. Yay!

Going to hit the shower soon and may do some yardwork. Not sure what time DD is heading home. It was nice to see her for the weekend. She's been doing laundry so I haven't done mine. I'll be doing that tonight. I am not in the mood to go to work tomorrow - so many things I'd rather do. And yet. I will.

Kids are both still being sleepyheads. I don't know how long DD stayed up since she took a long nap yesterday after shopping. I got a new dress to wear to the memorial service for my grandmother. I don't usually do dresses but this one worked. Now I'll need black dress shoes for summer. I have a week or so to come up with something.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:34 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Morning everyone! I am also a Lady in a Sun Hat. I loooove hats. Have no idea what I'm going to do today. We are 90% done with the decorating. Yesterday at lunch DH said he didn't like one of the pictures I put up. So I took it down last evening. "What are you doing? I like it there." Okey dokey. Have a ton of cleaning to do but I like to take Sundays off from strenuous work. What I really need to do is organize the books and DVDs. Too many books stacked on the floor.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:50 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
The humidity wore off yesterday and it ended up being great weather. Today is beautiful too.

It tore my house totally apart yesterday! It was very satisfying! I'm going to try to continue the momentum today, but I'm not as fired up now, which is a good thing.

Things are not better here but have calmed. Working on a game plan.

In the meantime, I plan to be productive and focus on other things that are important to ME.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:53 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Good for you Hopes. Glad to hear it. It's easy to get so wrapped up in our kid's issues that we neglect our own needs. Sometimes, paying attention to ourselves, gives us the calm and clarity to better help them. Kind of like the flight attendents telling us to put the oxygen masks on ourselves before our kids.

Enjoy your day and enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Old 06-12-2011, 10:25 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,958,890 times
Everyone sounds busy!

DH and DS are going to a car show today after DS gets home from work. I'm going to mow and walk the dog. That's about it. Not much more than can be done inside until Tuesday - right before they come to do the main level floors. Really just want this over with! The mess and dust - and there isn't much point cleaning because I'd just have to do it all over again after they do the floors.

How people can live for months amongst a remodel is beyond me. This is driving me nuts!

Old 06-12-2011, 10:27 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I am exercising more too. And I am off the medication that contributed to the weight gain. I hope all 3 of these things will help me lose at least 1/2 of what I put on in the last year.
rkb, just thought I'd let you know: A few years ago I gained a lot of weight because of a medication I had to take. After I stopped taking it all the weight came off. Took about 9 mos but it was a steady drop. Here's hoping the same thing happens for you! (Felt real good to put all the "fat" clothes in the Goodwill box.)

Old 06-12-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I'm going to mow and walk the dog.
You're going to mow the dog?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
How people can live for months amongst a remodel is beyond me. This is driving me nuts!
I've been living amongst remodeling for 18 years. I hated it during the first few years. Now I'm use to it.

There are boxes of things I packed away a decade ago that I haven't seen since. Not really sure where they are. Probably in the attic above the garage. I never go there.

Hubby always has a project in some stage of progress. He's has been way too busy with work for the past five years to accomplish much.

I'm excited tomorrow is his last day at work for a few months. We'll be able to get a lot done here!

Yesterday, during my madness, I fixed our bathroom sink cabinet all by myself! I'm not waiting anymore!

Old 06-12-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
rkb, just thought I'd let you know: A few years ago I gained a lot of weight because of a medication I had to take. After I stopped taking it all the weight came off. Took about 9 mos but it was a steady drop. Here's hoping the same thing happens for you! (Felt real good to put all the "fat" clothes in the Goodwill box.)
My sister had the same experience. She looked like a new person in just a few months.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:42 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,958,890 times
Hopes - props to you is all I can say! My husband's dad was in construction - so kind of like the cobbler with no shoes - their house was always in a state of remodel - like major remodel. Before we were married and I went to visit and only a curtain, yes, curtain, was the "door" to the bathroom.....and he doesn't throw away anything because there may always be a use for it.

My husband went the opposite after growing up in those conditions. Major purgers - I've been going through stuff and if it's not charity worthy it's going in the trash. I don't want to move stuff around that we haven't looked at in ages. Yesterday we were thinking we should have just done the hardwoods ourselves - as it would be done by now. On the other hand, not being rushed has given us the chance to do things like the fireplace - without being rushed and not worry about what it's doing to the carpet. But if this carpet wasn't horrible before.....good grief now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting