Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 08:37 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,958,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
We have his senior pics scheduled

It's a good thing you said something! This has slipped my mind since we've decided to do it ourselves. But I had better get on the ball to at least come up with a good one for yearbook!

Old 07-11-2011, 08:41 AM

13,429 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
lol! - Make it banana and he'd be there in a New York minute!
Yay! I did it! It works!! No more carp internet for me! Geez, it's been months.

I don't have banana coop, but I do have cookies 'n creme ..... but I'll get some banana in just in case I need a networking genius. You never know.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:45 AM

Fin - whatever happened with Verizon? I thought they were getting the issue worked out? I guess not since you switched to Comcast...

We've had Comcast internet for a couple of years now since no one else can beat their speed.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:48 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Good job Fin!!! Mazel tov!

We got a storm over night so everything is washed clean. What a blessing to get the dirt knocked off everything. Very, very happy.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:49 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Speaking of bananas........why is it that kids have a crap, don't flush, and don't wash their hands, but give them a banana with the teeniest tiny black spot on it, and it's blech, gross, "do you really expect me to eat this, it's disgusting!"

Old 07-11-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Speaking of bananas........why is it that kids have a crap, don't flush, and don't wash their hands, but give them a banana with the teeniest tiny black spot on it, and it's blech, gross, "do you really expect me to eat this, it's disgusting!"
It's a good thing I wasn't drinking coffee when I read this! I remember those days of not flushing.....drove me nuts.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:54 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Quote:
rkb - I can remember getting the first three of those books as a gift when I had my appendix removed (I want to say I was in 2nd or 3rd grade?). Loved them! I still have those very books on the bookshelf in my living room!
I gave mine to my neice, and I bet she never read them. I'll have to buy the whole set some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
OMG do you live in my house?

Old 07-11-2011, 08:55 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,198,558 times
Quote:
Nah....that was our experience too. We have one and when DD was that age, I though "great!" went in. Small crowded store with stuff jammed everywhere so I thought again, "this place must be great, everyone is here"....I looked at the prices and thought "so where are the deals? I can find brand new stuff for just a few dollars more or even the same price if I shop smart." Never went in again. Meh
There are some things I'll buy. I won't buy name brand jeans, ever. Nobody cares if your baggy khaki cargo shorts are from Target or the Gap, and they look just as crappy after you've worn them a few times. I don't care about shirts. They're more noticeable, but more expendable at the same time. At Plato's Closet, I won't pay more than $5-6 for a shirt. That limits what I buy, but if you're buying four shirts and paying $5 instead of $10-15, it adds up. And after the first day of band camp, everybody's shirt looks second hand. Or third, or fourth, depending on what section you're in. The trombonists are all wild children and look like they borrowed their clothes from rabid wolverines.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:00 AM

13,429 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Fin - whatever happened with Verizon? I thought they were getting the issue worked out? I guess not since you switched to Comcast...

We've had Comcast internet for a couple of years now since no one else can beat their speed.
Yeah, they never could fix it. FIOS was promised to be here "shortly", turns out that it's not being hooked up for the next 60 days at least. So Buh Bye.

Dude.... I'm supposed to get a download speed of 12mbps - I just checked it at speakeasy.net and it's 25.28mbps. Outrageous. That's twice as fast as it's supposed to be! I'm stoked. I got 3mbps if my Verizon DSL was working... otherwise it would clock in at 1.

The advertised top speed of FIOS is 15mbps... so I might just stick with Comcast. I don't like the TV quality compared to Directv, but it does have the On Demand which might make up for it.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:01 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,198,558 times
Quote:

We had endless trouble with Verizon. Plus they kept promising us Fios for three years, and never quite made it to our area. I finally changed cell providers and internet and told them to get stuffed. We've had the current provider for almost two years, with minimal problems.
Oddly, cable and satellite seem to have the same number of outages, despite predictions that Florida thunderstorms would play hell with satellite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting