Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 09:06 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
TThe trombonists are all wild children and look like they borrowed their clothes from rabid wolverines.
I'm sorry, but I need to borrow that line for something. Somewhere, someday, that will come in really handy.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:12 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Dude.... I'm supposed to get a download speed of 12mbps - I just checked it at speakeasy.net and it's 25.28mbps. Outrageous. That's twice as fast as it's supposed to be!
Yes - we've been very happy with Comcast internet wise. I can't speak for the t.v. part since we don't pay for t.v. but do over the air, or internet - but that's one reason we needed such high speeds. Lots of streaming. From multiple computers.

I watched a concert live yesterday afternoon streaming through the computer that's hooked up with the huge t.v. downstairs and it was fantastic. I really thought there would be streaming problems and buffering. But not one hick up. Told my DH that's the way to watch a concert!

Old 07-11-2011, 09:27 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Yes - we've been very happy with Comcast internet wise. I can't speak for the t.v. part since we don't pay for t.v. but do over the air, or internet - but that's one reason we needed such high speeds. Lots of streaming. From multiple computers.

I watched a concert live yesterday afternoon streaming through the computer that's hooked up with the huge t.v. downstairs and it was fantastic. I really thought there would be streaming problems and buffering. But not one hick up. Told my DH that's the way to watch a concert!
Wow that's great. Not a bad price to pay for dicking around with wireless printing .... having Mrcoop also be able to get that going!

Old 07-11-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Starting off with a nice hike/climb with some friends in castlewood canyon.
Meant to say this earlier - and for once I'm not going to rag on you but give you a motherly reminder -

keep your eye on the weather today and finish up before the storms roll in that are predicted again.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Wow that's great. Not a bad price to pay for dicking around with wireless printing .... having Mrcoop also be able to get that going!
lol! Well, it was my lovely son that dicked around with the wireless printing and caused that havoc!

Sometimes having overly techy people in this house can be a curse. I get confused by the number of wireless networks and what each one does. As far as watching internet streaming on the big tv...they actually have a computer dedicated to that tv. I think they built it - I'm not sure where some of these computers come from.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:59 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:
Meant to say this earlier - and for once I'm not going to rag on you but give you a motherly reminder -

keep your eye on the weather today and finish up before the storms roll in that are predicted again.
I haven't looked at the weather...more rain? DS had better get to mowing then...it's been hard to keep up the past couple of weeks. The grass grows fast and by the time it dries out enough to mow, it's raining again.

I could see the rain falling in the distance all around us yesterday but we didn't actually get too much here - enough for things to get wet (and keep the grass from drying out) but nothing like what looked like was coming down from the clouds. Lightening all around too....

Good point about the hikes. DH, DS and Macie were up closer to your neck of the woods hiking yesterday morning. They try to plan hikes so they are home by early afternoon to avoid problems....

Old 07-11-2011, 10:01 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,962,532 times
Another vote for Comcast internet. I know plenty of people who slam them, but we've had much better service from them than Verizon.

DS worked at Abercrombie while he was in college, and had to wear their clothing. When he left he took it all to Plato's Closet, and they rejected all but a couple of things, and only offered $3-4.00 per piece. It was all like brand new, and current stuff. He brought everything home and donated it. My kids think the prices there are too high for used clothing, but somehow they keep expanding their stores.

Now I have to wash and freeze the 5 lbs of blueberries I picked this weekend. The bushes in No. GA were loaded with ripe ones. Delicious stuff. I will miss the end of summer produce. I am going to try get some more tomato plants into the ground this week. The ones I have are slowing down production, and we will have another 3 months of summer around here.

Happy Monday all.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I haven't looked at the weather...more rain? DS had better get to mowing then...it's been hard to keep up the past couple of weeks. The grass grows fast and by the time it dries out enough to mow, it's raining again.
Yep - more today and even bigger chance tomorrow as some sort of cold front comes through too. Then it starts to dry out. Supposedly. We have mushrooms growing! We got a lot of rain yesterday. We need to mow desperately too!

Old 07-11-2011, 10:05 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times
Quote:

Thank you!
The other day TG and I went disc golfing and it started to rain and he mentioned something about heading back to the car and I was like what you don't like playing in a little rain? And it started to down pour and by the time we got back to the car we were literally soaked through and through, dripping wet, my shirt was soaked, my jeans were soaked, it was so bad when we were running back to the car my feet were sinking in the mud and my flip flops were covered in mud and I couldn't get back up this hill and I ended up covered in mud.

It's hilarious looking back on it.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Thank you!
The other day TG and I went disc golfing and it started to rain and he mentioned something about heading back to the car and I was like what you don't like playing in a little rain? And it started to down pour and by the time we got back to the car we were literally soaked through and through, dripping wet, my shirt was soaked, my jeans were soaked, it was so bad when we were running back to the car my feet were sinking in the mud and my flip flops were covered in mud and I couldn't get back up this hill and I ended up covered in mud.

It's hilarious looking back on it.
Well, it's not the rain to worry about but the lightning! We've been caught hiking when it started to storm and lightning and it's quite scary not to mention dangerous. So you need to get going. Get your rear in gear if you are going to go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.