Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2011, 04:41 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times

Advertisements

My DH is out of town as well. He did a big Costco shop on Sunday and unilaterally decided to buy different dog food, then he left for the week and left me with the Farting-dog-from-hell!

Old 07-19-2011, 04:44 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
with the Farting-dog-from-hell!
Well, at least you know what to do if anyone starts selling salvation door-to-door....

Old 07-19-2011, 04:45 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Oh my - we need to live closer together!

DH is out of town as well. Anyone see the movie Due Date with Robert Downy Jr? My poor husband is traveling with a sales guy that's like the annoying side kick from that movie. I was laughing so hard at his stories last night. I feel so sorry for him - two days of nightmare travel partner.
Come on down! (great...now I feel like I should be asking you how much do you think that washer/dryer combo goes for)

Quote:
My DH is out of town as well. He did a big Costco shop on Sunday and unilaterally decided to buy different dog food, then he left for the week and left me with the Farting-dog-from-hell!
Are you sure it's the dog? Macie gets blamed for a lot around here...I'm not buying it. I'd say she has better manners but I'd be lying.....Macie is more of a burper than a farter so DH and DS can't get away with much...

Old 07-19-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Well, at least you know what to do if anyone starts selling salvation door-to-door....
I need to work on teaching Peggy the "fart" command. Could come in useful now that I think about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Are you sure it's the dog? Macie gets blamed for a lot around here...I'm not buying it. I'd say she has better manners but I'd be lying.....Macie is more of a burper than a farter so DH and DS can't get away with much...

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's the dog. My kids are still at the age when they are very proud of their various body functions, so we get a general announcement, memo, email, text, and singing telegram with each emission.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:12 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Macie is more of a burper than a farter so DH and DS can't get away with much...
Bridget is too - maybe a female dog thing?

Quote:
My kids are still at the age when they are very proud of their various body functions, so we get a general announcement, memo, email, text, and singing telegram with each emission.
I have some bad news for you - I don't think they out grow that. At least my 17 year old hasn't when he's at home. Gets a good guffaw every time. From him.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:11 AM

Good Morning All!

I realize I am getting old and turning into a curmudgeon when I read the name threads and think what the.... I love traditional and non-traditional names, but the cutesified alternate spelling of traditional names is not for me, and I don't even consider that non-traditional, just kinda silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I have some bad news for you - I don't think they out grow that. At least my 17 year old hasn't when he's at home. Gets a good guffaw every time. From him.
LOL!

Old 07-20-2011, 07:22 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Good Morning All!

I realize I am getting old and turning into a curmudgeon when I read the name threads and think what the.... I love traditional and non-traditional names, but the cutesified alternate spelling of traditional names is not for me, and I don't even consider that non-traditional, just kinda silly.

LOL!
Zimbo - I read through that thread and just went .....

Good morning everyone. We got rain again last night.....just as I was thinking it was time to turn the sprinkler system back on...yay....

Had a nice visit with my gf last night....she wrote a book about 4 Marines who were at Iwo Jima....she brought me over a copy so that is on my to-do list now.

Have a bit of sinus pressure this morning....

Old 07-20-2011, 07:25 AM

Morning, everyone!

Ah, Zim - you're not alone - I'm a curmudgeon too!

mm - Oh neat re: your friend's book. I love that type of thing - let me know how it is and maybe I'll pick it up

All excited over here today - my sis and niece are coming to visit for a few days. Super fun as DS and my niece are about 3 months apart and adore each other.

Good luck with the heat wave - we've been hovering near 100. Ick.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:29 AM

13,420 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Good Morning All!

Morning Zim!

I quite agree. I don't get it either. It looks illiterate, quite frankly. I would hate to be a customer service rep in the year 2020. They are going to have an awful time with the spelling of people's names. I can just see it now:

"And what name shall I put on the account?"
"Michelle ...."
"Spelled M I C H E L L E?"
"No, spelled M E A S C H E L."
"I beg your pardon? M E S C E L L?"
"NO, M E A S C H E L"
"OK. Middle name?"
"Ecstasy. Spelled X T E S E E...."

Old 07-20-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Morning Zim!

I quite agree. I don't get it either. It looks illiterate, quite frankly. I would hate to be a customer service rep in the year 2020. They are going to have an awful time with the spelling of people's names. I can just see it now:

"And what name shall I put on the account?"
"Michelle ...."
"Spelled M I C H E L L E?"
"No, spelled M E A S C H E L."
"I beg your pardon? M E S C E L L?"
"NO, M E A S C H E L"
"OK. Middle name?"
"Ecstasy. Spelled X T E S E E...."

Haha - wait until Generation TextSpeak starts naming their kids......"Mshl XTC"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.