Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2011, 08:41 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,054,634 times

Advertisements

Everybody. This thread is frightfully mean-spirited.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:09 PM

572 posts, read 1,299,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Everybody. This thread is frightfully mean-spirited.
From one poster, the rest of us are just in awe of her mastery of veiled insults. Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a flying poop what people do or don't do for a living, and I'm of the opinion unless you walked a mile you don't know what other peoples' lives are like. So Ivory thinks my life is a vacation, and I don't contribute anything to the family. Good for her. I hope she's happy, though I highly doubt anyone who posts constantly about how much better they are than everyone else is rarely happy with themselves. I think that anyone unhappy enough to post like this, should really consider going to counseling instead of going on a random internet site and degrade absolute strangers. My guess is that she's really a 40-year old man living in his mom's basement, with nothing better to do.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:14 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,917,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Well, I don't work hard on my days off and my days off should be busier than a SAHM's days home.... SAHM's do every day what I do when I'm on vacation or off for the weekend and I don't call that work because it isn't. There is so little work to be done at home that you can work full time and still manage to do it.
You have teenagers, right? Call me crazy, but I think being in a home with teenagers is much different than with babies or toddlers...

Old 09-28-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
You have teenagers, right? Call me crazy, but I think being in a home with teenagers is much different than with babies or toddlers...
Teenagers = slave labor...

Old 09-28-2011, 09:20 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Well, I don't work hard on my days off and my days off should be busier than a SAHM's days home.... SAHM's do every day what I do when I'm on vacation or off for the weekend and I don't call that work because it isn't. There is so little work to be done at home that you can work full time and still manage to do it.
So, you work harder, you spend less time with your kids, but somehow you're the smart one here?

Old 09-28-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo61397 View Post
From one poster, the rest of us are just in awe of her mastery of veiled insults. Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a flying poop what people do or don't do for a living, and I'm of the opinion unless you walked a mile you don't know what other peoples' lives are like. So Ivory thinks my life is a vacation, and I don't contribute anything to the family. Good for her. I hope she's happy, though I highly doubt anyone who posts constantly about how much better they are than everyone else is rarely happy with themselves. I think that anyone unhappy enough to post like this, should really consider going to counseling instead of going on a random internet site and degrade absolute strangers. My guess is that she's really a 40-year old man living in his mom's basement, with nothing better to do.
Are they veiled? I thought they were pretty in-your-face.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Are they veiled? I thought they were pretty in-your-face.
Well, I would think if they are in your face, the illustrious moderators would have shut her up a long time ago.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo61397 View Post
Well, I would think if they are in your face, the illustrious moderators would have shut her up a long time ago.
Well, only if they were directed at specific people like "rkb, you are a lazy a$$ SAHM". I think insulting an entire group of people all at once without naming names slips through a TOS loophole.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:31 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,917,208 times
Quote:

I hate to say this but my friends who had SAHM's picked careers too and ended up being SAHM's. They picked careers because they didn't see SAH as a career choice. Funny but they all regret that decision now that it's time to pay the piper. Every one of them wishes she'd kept working or had a career. It takes so much to make up for years out of the work force. That's money not saved (and likely money spent), 401k contributions not made, missed time towards pensions (if you had a job that had one), raises you never got, income you never earned... I feel bad for them. Especially the ones who have ended up divorced. They really got the short end of the stick.
So what exactly is the point- it's all about money?

And on the flip side, many of my friends, myself included wish to stay at home/would've stayed at home. In fact, one of my neighbors, who works as some "high up" financial position at a large corporation, shipped her son off to college this August and in speaking with her, she told me that she wishes she would've less time worrying about work related stuff and spent more time with him and the rest of their family. Sorry, but no raise or nice pension package can compare to spending time with family, because at the end of the day it's about your (well, at least mine) family's happiness and love for each other, not how much is in the savings account.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:34 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,054,634 times
I think I'm going to log off and put my extra thirty hours to good use. Later ladies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting