Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 11:16 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Re the bolded: If he is working full time, he should be able to afford both since he has minimal expenses.

Re the italicized: If he moves, he won't be across the street any more. That could cause a huge issue if you are sharing a car and bot have to get to work.
Minimal expenses my ass....
He makes $1.60 less than I do an hour, his roommate OVERCHARGES him on rent.
So he has rent, cell phone, groceries, his dog, health insurance...

Like I said I think he is going to try and buy a car with his tax refund and then all he'll be adding on is car insurance to his list of bills.

And rent where we would be moving would be as much as he is paying now, which we would of course split. It would be just like us moving in together into an apartment.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:18 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Beds are expensive and so are cars.
Baloney to beds being expensive. That's not true and you know it.

Cars: He's in his mid 20's? He's had YEARS to work to be able to pay for a car.

This is not good, txt. This is not good at all.

I'm totally out of this drama. I'm too old to try and figure out what the heck you are thinking.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
What's his drivers record like? Men are more expensive to insure than women (I think that's right). Expect your rate to go up.
He's older than me, so he's getting past that age where they charge men more and he would pay his portion of it. He is turning 26 this year and I think it is 25 and under where they charge men more.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:20 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:

Like I said I think he is going to try and buy a car with his tax refund and then all he'll be adding on is car insurance to his list of bills.

And rent where we would be moving would be as much as he is paying now, which we would of course split. It would be just like us moving in together into an apartment.
At least he has health insurance.

Reminds me of a guy I dated on and off in college. He only went to JC on and off, never really getting anywhere. He was a bar back, and barely made enough money to get by. He was a nice guy, but it was abundantly clear that his life was going nowhere fast. He must be 40 or 41 now and just got married and had his first kid. I think he's a PT assistant. It's nice he finally got it together, but I wasn't waiting around for that.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:21 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,330 times
Quote:

Umm... Those are minimal expenses.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Baloney to beds being expensive. That's not true and you know it.

Cars: He's in his mid 20's? He's had YEARS to work to be able to pay for a car.

This is not good, txt. This is not good at all.

I'm totally out of this drama. I'm too old to try and figure out what the heck you are thinking.
Why would he buy a bed just yet?
He has one he can use, he uses his roommates spare bed they wouldn't have anywhere to put the old bed and he has already started talking about moving out of where he lives now anyways and buying a bed but if he and I were to move in together, we would so be taking my bed, it has memory foam.

And he's HAD cars before, he moved out here with his family, wouldn't you assume it was costly to move everything and he just moved what was necessary?

He's had cars before.

He just needs to get another one out here. If his tax refund is big enough he'll be buying one soon.

Get all the facts first before you get all huffy and frustrated.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:29 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Why would he buy a bed just yet?
He has one he can use, he uses his roommates spare bed they wouldn't have anywhere to put the old bed and he has already started talking about moving out of where he lives now anyways and buying a bed but if he and I were to move in together, we would so be taking my bed, it has memory foam.

And he's HAD cars before, he moved out here with his family, wouldn't you assume it was costly to move everything and he just moved what was necessary?

He's had cars before.

He just needs to get another one out here. If his tax refund is big enough he'll be buying one soon.

Get all the facts first before you get all huffy and frustrated.
This post does nothing to abate the frustration.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:30 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,330 times
Did you pay for your bed? If not, did you ask your mom if you can take the bed that you are using right now?

Old 01-22-2012, 11:32 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
I was willing to cut him some slack if he was 20, but at 26 he should have his stuff together. Just be sensible Txt, don't let people take advantage of you.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
At least he has health insurance.

Reminds me of a guy I dated on and off in college. He only went to JC on and off, never really getting anywhere. He was a bar back, and barely made enough money to get by. He was a nice guy, but it was abundantly clear that his life was going nowhere fast. He must be 40 or 41 now and just got married and had his first kid. I think he's a PT assistant. It's nice he finally got it together, but I wasn't waiting around for that.
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh
TG is pretty awesome, he's hard working, he's smart, he has goals and he works towards them daily, he is on the brink of promotion and then the promotion AFTER that he will be making as much as I would as a cop. Which he's practically fast tracking it through his job.
He is money smart, he knows how to save, he knows how to spend wisely, he helps me not blow all my money.
He is a good cook, he actually cleans, like not just half-assed cleaning but he deep cleans.
He is responsible.
Most importantly he is kind, caring, loving and is always helping others.

So please don't compare him to someone who didn't have their crap together till their 40's. You don't know him. He is a very smart guy and is on track in his life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting