Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 03:47 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,161,967 times

Advertisements

Wow PM, you were quite the wild child!

If my son did this...I'd be shocked. He's a great kid with the best manners and I honestly would probably be dumbfounded and not know what to do next if this happened. After coming to my senses, I'd probably pull him aside, away from everyone else, and let him know that his behavior upset me and probably offended everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 09:17 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,960,622 times
When my daughter was two, we were waiting for her big sister to get out of school and one of the boys who was waiting there started teasing her. She lost her temper and screamed "Butthead!" as loud as she could. The little boy's mom was shocked...but I was relieved, because the same boy had been teasing her the previous week and I heard her call him a sh***y little weiner in a whisper, so I knew she could have said something worse than butthead.

This is her 3rd year of school and she's never gotten in trouble for cussing at school. She does it at home but only when she's provoked.

My older daughter got in trouble for saying "penis" at school when she was in kindergarten. Somebody showed his to her, she went to the teacher and said that the boy had showed her his penis, and she ended up in trouble for saying it. So I had to go to school and educate the teacher about how that was the correct term for it, and that I could see getting in trouble for saying d*** or c*** but I couldn't understand getting in trouble for saying penis, when penis was what it was called.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:05 AM

500 posts, read 750,631 times
From my sweet 10-year old today, playing with Barbies. One doll is trying to 'blow-dry' the others' hair with a mini-blow dryer, so my dd has her say, 'You can't blow me, I'm a supermodel'!

It took everything I had not to completely crack up because I know she would have asked me why, so I just said nothing.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:59 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,882,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkim8 View Post
from my sweet 10-year old today, playing with barbies. One doll is trying to 'blow-dry' the others' hair with a mini-blow dryer, so my dd has her say, 'you can't blow me, i'm a supermodel'!

It took everything i had not to completely crack up because i know she would have asked me why, so i just said nothing.
:d

Old 10-20-2011, 03:07 PM

491 posts, read 1,047,934 times
Drake- Trust Issues Lyrics

All I care about is money and the city that I’m from
I’ma sip until I feel it, I’ma smoke it till it’s done
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young
And I’m only getting older so somebody shoulda told ya
I’m on one
Yeah, f-ck it, I’m on one
Yeah, I said I’m on one
F-ck it, I’m on one
A strong one

My son has heard Drake's song on the radio on car rides home, or at his Dad's house (Dad just loves rap music) and a few days ago, while in the bath, he was singing this song. Except for the "f-ck" part, he was saying "muck." Phew, right? WRONG. I ask my son, "What in the world are you singing?!?" so he sings me a few lyrics, and proceeds to tell me, "I'm not saying f-ck, mommy! I promise!" Lol....

PS: My son is 5...

Last edited by AJsMOM83; 10-20-2011 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: added sons age

Old 10-21-2011, 06:35 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,882,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsMOM83 View Post
Drake- Trust Issues Lyrics

All I care about is money and the city that I’m from
I’ma sip until I feel it, I’ma smoke it till it’s done
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young
And I’m only getting older so somebody shoulda told ya
I’m on one
Yeah, f-ck it, I’m on one
Yeah, I said I’m on one
F-ck it, I’m on one
A strong one

My son has heard Drake's song on the radio on car rides home, or at his Dad's house (Dad just loves rap music) and a few days ago, while in the bath, he was singing this song. Except for the "f-ck" part, he was saying "muck." Phew, right? WRONG. I ask my son, "What in the world are you singing?!?" so he sings me a few lyrics, and proceeds to tell me, "I'm not saying f-ck, mommy! I promise!" Lol....

PS: My son is 5...

Old 10-21-2011, 07:40 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,751,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Who you praise to all your friends as the smartest most loving caring child, who never gives you a gray hair, nor does something wrong, says at thanksgiving dinner he/she would love it if you passed the ********** mashed potatos. Whatever do you do as a modern 21st century parent?
I'd say, "Excuse me....that's PLEASE pass the &^%*#*#^@ mashed potatoes!" No I would not! I'm lying! I'd say, "HEY! You watch your mouth!"....the same thing I said to my OWN kids. I would then say, "Looks like we better be a little more careful around here, huh?"

My latest story..... My grandson, soon to be three, was picking up some not so nice words a while back. DD says, "Those boys need to start watching their mouths! D's picking up some BAD words!" She had told her little guy to pick up his toys and put them in the toy box and he wagged his little head at her and said, "B**th"...in a real arrogant, drawn out way.

Fast forward a couple of hours and his mom was either watching Bad Girls or Jersey Shore...and lo and behold! In the SAME tone, with the SAME attitude, some gals were using that word......REPEATEDLY! I stepped into the room and gestured toward the tv...she looked at me with her mouth hanging open while we both started grinning. I said, "Uh huh....looks like mom better rethink the tv shows she's exposing her little one to! He learned it WHERE?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting