Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 03:56 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
No, not just in my circle of friends.

I've said atleast twice already, that truly private matters are saved for personal messages. I'm not posting anything on my wall that isn't okay for those individuals who chose to add me as a friend to see or hear.

My mother hates profanity, so that alone is a good reason she shouldn't come anywhere near my timeline lol. Maybe if I had one of those moms who cussed.
or maybe if you could refrain from cussing in public...

Seriously, I have probably 50 or so male FB friends between ages 35-42, mostly former frat guys, and I almost never see any swearing or any postings about sex. Ever. It isn't that you're a guy or that you're 30-something. Maybe it is that you have no class, or that your friends don't. I don't know... my friends span in age from about 13-70. I only post things that are appropriate for my friends to see and hear too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 04:20 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,342,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
or maybe if you could refrain from cussing in public...

Seriously, I have probably 50 or so male FB friends between ages 35-42, mostly former frat guys, and I almost never see any swearing or any postings about sex. Ever. It isn't that you're a guy or that you're 30-something. Maybe it is that you have no class, or that your friends don't. I don't know... my friends span in age from about 13-70. I only post things that are appropriate for my friends to see and hear too.
See, now this thread has went from a playful discussion to adults telling other adults how to live their lives. I know this is the Parenting forum, but you aren't MY parent. I'm grown, and I can take care of myself, thank you.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:23 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,411,370 times
Quote:
See, now this thread has went from a playful discussion to adults telling other adults how to live their lives. I know this is the Parenting forum, but you aren't MY parent. I'm grown, and I can take care of myself, thank you.
I know these people here are clearly oh-so sophisicated and moral to boot.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Nowhere did I "tell you how to live". I'm just pointing out that not ALL 20-40 year old males swear and talk about sex on FB. You seem to think they do.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:38 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,342,561 times
Quote:
Nowhere did I "tell you how to live". I'm just pointing out that not ALL 20-40 year old males swear and talk about sex on FB. You seem to think they do.
You did it in your own slick way (including a not so subtle insult). And I never said anything about sex. Stop assuming stuff.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
You did it in your own slick way (including a not so subtle insult). And I never said anything about sex. Stop assuming stuff.
You think I'm slick? I'm so flattered Maybe you didn't mention sex, but it was discussed further up the thread as a not mom-friendly topic.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:01 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,913,732 times
Quote:
maybe it is that you have no class, or that your friends don't.
^this^

Old 01-05-2012, 05:07 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,426,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Just because someone has a different type of sense of humor doesn't mean they are immature.
And most my cop friends are the same way, they are guys, they make gross jokes and say things that any grandmother wouldn't want to hear.
Its just the way it is.
Ok, I just have to ask.. why do you always say "cop friends" instead of just friends? I don't have cateogies for my friends like "lawyer friends", "secretary friends", "hospital friends", ect. Them being cops doesn't matter to any of us here and you keep sounding like the only reason you are friends with them is because they are cops. You can hang around cops all you want, but you will never be one yourself until you you actually go to the police academy.

As someone who has family members who work in law enforcement as well as fire departments, they generally get annoyed with those who hang around them pretending to be one of them with no effort on their own to actually become a real police officer or firefighter

Last edited by NEOhioBound; 01-05-2012 at 05:25 PM..

Old 01-05-2012, 05:20 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,426,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
I am finding the over 40 comments amusing. Way back in the stone age when you needed a phone line to get onto the internet I was there. Most of these 20 somethings were toddlers but they are lecturing me about not knowing what I am doing. Funny right?
LMAO.. this cracked me up because I remember when the "World Wide Web" became a huge deal (and yes yongin's we actually called it the "world wide web") and how hooking and unhooking the phone line to the computer so you could make and receive phone calls. Or the dreaded loud dial tone it would make when trying to connect, which sometimes would take FOREVER, and then the total disappointment when sitting there waiting forever for the connection, you would receive the "line is busy" message

Old 01-05-2012, 05:26 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,411,370 times
It's almost like different thread, same debates, same back-handed insults, same holier-than-thouness. Just an observation.

It's like we switch up the words and situations a little bit, but it kind of boils down to the same old thing.

Interesting irony. People think nothing of insulting each other on a forum (and often do so in a way which implies they know a lot more the person than they really do, often chock-full of assumptions, just based on what they said, and often twisting their words on top of that).... yet we're supposed to speak of Joe Blow from YouTube or people from a random news story like family?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting