Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 06:28 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,488,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by operaphantom2003 View Post
Update after meeting...

Teacher asked who did it, both children lied. My son doesn't want to get the other one into trouble. When I got there my son fessed up and said who did it.

Principal and teacher say: We'll contact the student and his mother. We want you to feel safe and blah blah blah. Whatever!

Teacher said she moved them to separate groups but my son still talked. Um, he will talk when you put 5 kids at a table together, expect talking. He is also immature for his age in that regards but getting better. There are only 4 kids in the class who are still 7. The others are 8 and 9 already. He's working on his self control.

Debating this weekend on him being homeschooled or not. He hasn't taken his year-end tests yet and he needs those on his record.

Update on neighbor child: He waited the 40 minutes we were in the meeting after school today so he could walk home with my son. His mother and/or boyfriend was not home. I sent him down to the office to stay there and watch tv until she came home. I am done dealing with other people's children at this particular moment in time.
Good for you! Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 03:07 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,296,713 times
If he's getting free or reduced meals at school, homeschooling isn't such a good idea.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:43 AM

410 posts, read 1,522,000 times
New update....

The other child involved came clean and told the truth...his punishment was to stay in from all his recesses (big whoop if you ask me).

The neighbor boy is not allowed to come over and walk to or from school this week because she got her knickers in a twist when I didn't watch him on Friday.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:24 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by operaphantom2003 View Post
New update....

The other child involved came clean and told the truth...his punishment was to stay in from all his recesses (big whoop if you ask me).

The neighbor boy is not allowed to come over and walk to or from school this week because she got her knickers in a twist when I didn't watch him on Friday.
Any chance you can say or do something to twist the knickers a little further and have neighbor boy not be allowed to come over or walk to school next week, too?

Old 04-24-2012, 11:02 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,874,095 times
OP, I feel like being a matchmaker and fixing you up with DADTOBE, up above. This way you and your son can get out of your unsafe school and neighborhood and have a better life.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:20 PM

57 posts, read 119,843 times
Those of you who say you would be marching up to the police or school. Have you lived in gang infested areas? Opera I wouldn't do that. I would quickly and very quickly pick up my child and LEAVE. Go to the homeless shelter if necessary away from the gang areas. Find a homeless shelter in a nice area where they will help you out and your son will be safe.

You are right the school year is almost over. Today it would be over for my son he would NOT go back to that school. Are you worried about a lease about money? Honey worry about your boy. You don't have to leave him behind.

I've been a foster mom for years take your boy and do the right thing. If you need pointers contact me. I will help you find community resources in a SAFE area.

go to the police these are people who don't watch the news. Snitches get killed people. This mom needs to take her child and PROTECT.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:51 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,874,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foe3643 View Post
Those of you who say you would be marching up to the police or school. Have you lived in gang infested areas? Opera I wouldn't do that. I would quickly and very quickly pick up my child and LEAVE. Go to the homeless shelter if necessary away from the gang areas. Find a homeless shelter in a nice area where they will help you out and your son will be safe.

You are right the school year is almost over. Today it would be over for my son he would NOT go back to that school. Are you worried about a lease about money? Honey worry about your boy. You don't have to leave him behind.

I've been a foster mom for years take your boy and do the right thing. If you need pointers contact me. I will help you find community resources in a SAFE area.

go to the police these are people who don't watch the news. Snitches get killed people. This mom needs to take her child and PROTECT.
Excellent point. There is no excuse in the world to still be at this school. There are resources and help.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:03 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
When you have some kid with a sharp blade slicing into the back pack..it's a matter of time that the slicing of flesh occurs..I remember when my kid was in high school..We were a rural family who always lived in beautiful safe locations.

Some how we ended up in the city..He attended an urban school that has a cross section of every kind of kid. One day as he was walking along the side walk he made way out of courtesy for an older boy...The other kid took this as some sort of insult..that courtesy was a show of dis-respect..totally a crazy twisted set of values...The older kid made a gesture that he was armed...

My son is bright blonde and blue eyed..most of the kids were black and brown...He had never been submerged in such an atmosphere...He came home and I asked him what he wanted to do..He said he wanted to quit school...I said if you think this is better and safer..then go head...I would rather have a son that is alive with no formal education than injured or worse with a second rate formal education..Now he has control over his life and environment and is doing well............

The idea that you are forced to be part of a barbaric and dirty school system is not right...leave the crap hole and go else where...no one can force you to live with the cruel primatives.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:23 PM

410 posts, read 1,522,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foe3643 View Post

lol...the homeless shelter (one and only "complex" in our city) is 3 blocks from us and I wouldn't be caught dead in there.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:29 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
"somehow" ended up in the city... ok...

I was thinking homeless shelters aren't usually in "nice" areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting