Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 06:22 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkY91 View Post
Well, that's biology. If she were to tell me a specific child that she thinks it's mine, I would have no problem doing a paternity test.
That's not what I asked you, though. I asked whether you think your hypothetical wife should trust you, despite your ability to get other women pregnant without her knowledge. There could be a knock at the door at any time, or summons to court to pay child support for offspring that isn't hers. That's not even getting into the fact that you could be cheating on her every time you leave the house, secret children or no. Should she trust you, or should she keep herself guarded and prepared for divorce?

Old 11-13-2013, 06:27 AM

59 posts, read 76,040 times
Quote:
I might ask him this weekend if I meet up with him. I'm curious to know what he will say, especially because it doesn't make a lot of difference to him now anyway (we are all adults).
I forgot to add that my father is the perfect person to ask this because he had a son out of wedlock before he and my mother were married. That child is 38 years old nowadays, though.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:29 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
If the kid doesn't have any similar features of mine at birth, best bet a paternity test will be preformed before I sign anything.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:32 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,242 times
There should be laws that if it is ever discovered a child is not the father's, then that father's legal financial responsibility ceases going forward.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:32 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,322,571 times
If I had kids, I would have no problem doing a paternity test. I'd probably do it just so he wouldn't feel the need to do it behind my back. I think all children should be given a paternity test before leaving the hospital, especially those conceived outside-of-wedlock.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
If the kid doesn't have any similar features of mine at birth, best bet a paternity test will be preformed before I sign anything.
Babies never have any similarities with their parents at birth. That's all in the parents head.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
No offense, but I hope your not thinking of having a relationship with someone anytime soon. This kind of thread has red flags written all over it. If you really cannot believe you can trust someone to be faithful, you will likely start to become controlling in a relationship, leading to manipulation, emotional abuse, smothering, etc etc.
No, that's no in my plans, don't worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
In theory, you are right. A woman who cheated could become pregnant by another man... and it has and does happen on occasion. However, it is nothing which you should let cause you distress or worry in a relationship if you have a healthy, trusting, and growing relationship with a woman. Also keep in mind, that the development of such a relationship doesn't just happen either, but it is grown and earned through the long term development of the relationship and analysis of your partner's actions.
I would have a paternity test without her knowledge. If it came back positive, it would all be okay. If not, that would be the last day we had any kind of contact.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
There should be laws that if it is ever discovered a child is not the father's, then that father's legal financial responsibility ceases going forward.
I agree. There would be a lot of women in trouble.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:15 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,893 times
Quote:
One thing that has always amazed me is how men can simply believe their children are truly theirs. Not so much these days when there are paternity tests available, but especially in the past.

For example, my brothers and I are the splitting image of our father but that could not be the case. Even that doesn't prove anything.

How can they sign the birth certificate without knowing for sure that child has the same blood in their veins?
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-ways-n...g-care-babies/

Because.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:37 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
I might ask him this weekend if I meet up with him. I'm curious to know what
he will say, especially because it doesn't make a lot of difference to him now
anyway (we are all adults).
Why would it not matter now. If you are not his biological son he has wasted YEARS and MONEY raising a child that was not his. He can still divorce your mom, if she is in the picture, and cut off all ties with you. Its not too late. Maybe he can even sue your mom and you for reimbursement for all his pain and suffering and expenses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting