Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2013, 09:16 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkY91 View Post
He was untrustworthy but at a later stage. I'm not questioning my mother, I'm pretty sure we are his sons. I'm speaking about men in general. You bet that goes through the head of a lot of men but they surely won't tell you.
I don't really care about men in general. I only care about my husband. And he trusts me and I trust him. That's what's important in any good relationship - the two people involved - not the lives of others.

But once again - why the distaste for women?

Old 11-13-2013, 09:16 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,899,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Traditional belief is that every mans first born has closest physical resemblance to their father, more so than any kids that follow, for this very reason. No idea if that's true or not, but before DNA testing there had to be some way to try to make sense of it. What I do have an idea about however, is that based on research and studies 3-8% of men who are married with kids, are unknowingly raising children that aren't really theirs. SO a rough guesstimate would be anywhere between 6-14 million men raising some other dudes devil spawn, while often being robbed of an opportunity to pass on their own genes. 6-14 million men!!! What is really mind blowing to me, is that most women you ask, would tell you that if they found out few years down the line that the man they are married to wasn't the biological father of the child, they would not let the husband know, based on the "why rock the boat" principle. That part is really absurd and mind numbing to me.

IMO, DNA testing should be mandatory and officially stated on each infants birth certificate. Take all the guess work out of it and use facts not assumptions. If I had a penny for every man who says "I trust my wife, she would never step out on me", who is unknowingly raising some other dudes kids - Id be a very wealthy man. BTW, government will not under any circumstance fund any studies having to do with this topic, and last I read - the modern feminist movement was fighting to ban all DNA paternity testing altogether. That's all you really need to know.
Why should the government fund any studies on it?

You can blame feminists, but it seems like if mandatory paternity testing was something men really wanted, it would be in existence. Most legislative bodies are primarily men.

Who pays for mandatory testing? Why should you be able to tell a couple that they need to pay for an extra test they don't want?

Old 11-13-2013, 09:19 AM

59 posts, read 76,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
But once again - why the distaste for women?
There's no distaste for anyone but if paternity tests were mandatory, you bet a lot of women would be in trouble. That's a fact. Personal opinions don't matter to this.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:23 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
There's no distaste for anyone but if paternity tests were mandatory, you bet a lot of women would be in trouble. That's a fact. Personal opinions don't matter to this.
So would the men who fathered those children. It's hard to disappear when you're in a database. That's my guess why there is never a big push for mandatory testing from men, as Larkspur pointed out.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
No - a lot of women wouldn't be in trouble. A few would be. This is what I'm talking about. To think that A LOT of women would be in trouble is a personal opinion - not a fact. Paternity tests are not going to be mandatory for many, many reasons - and no, it's not only women that would be against it. But like I've said before - if they were, I wouldn't have any problem with it because I know my children are my husband's children.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:29 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,899,191 times
BTW, there is nothing stopping men from doing paternity testing now if they have questions.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:34 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Actually in 2010 the DNA databases have started around the world. At this time the U.S. is having the people voluntarily have DNA in recordings. International SCAN DNA database is for security. It will stop identity theft, fake ids, identifying murder victims, lost people will be found, and criminals that leave dna will be found in minutes. And yes lieing women from cheating. It will find diseases early. Prevention of who's my dad? Or father's that have to tell their child later in life that they aren't theirs. Makes the mother and father responsible for their children and finances.
2015 this will be done.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:49 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
Why should the government fund any studies on it?

You can blame feminists, but it seems like if mandatory paternity testing was something men really wanted, it would be in existence. Most legislative bodies are primarily men.

Who pays for mandatory testing? Why should you be able to tell a couple that they need to pay for an extra test they don't want?
It should be in existence, there are perfectly legit reasons for it. We live in a country where you are forced to buy health insurance, whether you want it or not. DNA paternity testing at birth would be extremely easy to administer. Costs of that are laughable in comparison to sparing millions of men living their entire lives unaware of the ultimate deceit. You know what the real problem is? The fact that half of these men would leave their no good wives, and then uncle sam would have another family to raise and support. Much like women claiming that the infant looks exactly like daddy, but only in mans presence. When the father isn't around, the number of mothers claiming such, magically drops by 27%. Daddy's steady paycheck counts for something, who cares if he never gets to pass on his own genes.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:52 AM

What did some of your parents do to you guys that has made you think the way you think? I'd seriously like to know so that I don't do the same to my sons!

Old 11-13-2013, 09:52 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,400,415 times
Ascension, do you thnk your mom is holding out on you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting